SiouxSports.com Forum

Idaho State: Homecoming Edition

SWSiouxMN

As my Football coach from my old high school would say: We don't *bleepin* lose on homecoming.

Lots of storylines going into this week as they host the Fighting Jared Allens. 

Opportunity to match the win totals of overall record and conference records next year.

Pack the Alerus.

• Upvote 4

The Bengals were giving up 217 rush yards per game BEFORE they got routed by Cal Poly yesterday.  Poly, with their triple option, racked up 499 rush yards against ISU.  I think that bodes well for North Dakota given how they have run it the last two weeks.  However, ISU's pass heavy offense could be a challenge.

I really like how the schedule is set up for us here on out. Getting Idaho state before the Montana schools, to give us a chance to hopefully work out some pass defense bugs while still winning should be nice. Then finishing the season against cp, who we should match up best of the top teams against, should propel us into the playoffs nicely. 

I really like how the schedule is set up for us here on out. Getting Idaho state before the Montana schools, to give us a chance to hopefully work out some pass defense bugs while still winning should be nice. Then finishing the season against cp, who we should match up best of the top teams against, should propel us into the playoffs nicely. 

If we can get through October without any more major injuries we have a bye week before UNC and Poly. The late bye my be huge for this team.

If we can get through October without any more major injuries we have a bye week before UNC and Poly. The late bye my be huge for this team.

Heck, this team could use a bye week now. Yesterday really beat up this team. Looks like RB Iwarri Smith, LG Brandon Anderson, LB Taj Rich, LB Dayo Idowu, and S Cole Reyes all got banged up. With Idaho State and their pass happy offense coming to town, the availability of Reyes is likely the most critical. Unfortunately, though, all five of those players are key contributors. 

Let's hope for a positive week of healing! 

Should be another good week of quotes from a head coach. Coach Kramer calls it like he see's it. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f0Ynzy2cZW8

This game makes me nervous.  We need to get off to a fast start and keep these guys down. 

Cal Poly gashed Idaho State on the ground last night. Keys to the game are UND's running game/time of possession to keep Idaho State's offense off the field, and when they are on the field, the crowd needs to get into it and assist the defense as they get pressure on Idaho State's QB. 

Sack City needs to be present on Saturday! 

Should be another good week of quotes from a head coach. Coach Kramer calls it like he see's it. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f0Ynzy2cZW8

This game makes me nervous.  We need to get off to a fast start and keep these guys down

We need to fill the Alerus  and be loud and proud.  Defense need stop make Idaho State 3rd and long all day and Fans on your feet.  

Heck, this team could use a bye week now. Yesterday really beat up this team. Looks like RB Iwarri Smith, LG Brandon Anderson, LB Taj Rich, LB Dayo Idowu, and S Cole Reyes all got banged up. With Idaho State and their pass happy offense coming to town, the availability of Reyes is likely the most critical. Unfortunately, though, all five of those players are key contributors. 

Let's hope for a positive week of healing! 

It has been quiet with Reyes, haven't heard anything.  I think Taj is done the way he was carried off.  Fingers are crossed........

Edited by gundy1124

The Bengals were giving up 217 rush yards per game BEFORE they got routed by Cal Poly yesterday.  Poly, with their triple option, racked up 499 rush yards against ISU.  I think that bodes well for North Dakota given how they have run it the last two weeks.  However, ISU's pass heavy offense could be a challenge.

Idaho State sounds like us two years ago. I really like being on the other side of that for a change!

This is a must win game. A team moving in the direction of this team cannot afford to lose a game and take a step back. One game at a time, but this team does have a nice opportunity to make big strides over the next two week with two winnable games. I know we're not there yet, but there is a legit possibility we could be 6-1 heading into MT. That would not have even been a conversation at the beginning of the season.

Anyway, time to focus on Idaho St. Between a winning 4-1 program and homecoming, I am hoping the Alerus will be nice an crowded on Saturday. Get the run game going, and keep the defense fresh.

Pretty pumped for Saturday!

Appears to be a "GREEN-OUT" game. 

From an obvious perspective: wear kelly green to this game.

From a less obvious, and perhaps speculative, perspective: the team may we wearing all green as well (green helmets, green jerseys, green pants). 

I haven't seen anything about it being a "green out".  However, I would love to see the green pants at home with the green jerseys!!  Man I sure hope all those greens match!!! :D