SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

1 minute ago, jdub27 said:

Their other two OOC games are against two of the worst 20 teams in FCS. At worst they will go into conference play at 2-1 and likely 3-0 since they are catching EWU in their first game.

IMO the MVFC will give them bigger challenges this year, and if EWU can beat them, there's a chance.

On 1/8/2017 at 2:34 PM, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

This sounds awfully petty. As if no UND hockey fan has ever sought consolation at the end of a season by noting the eventual tournament fate/success of the team that knocked out the Sioux.

The Bison run is epic, and historic, and deserving of as many superlatives as any NDSU fan can muster...let them be.

As are most of the trolls that come over here to rub our noses in it. So no, I will not "let them be". You reap what you sow.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

NDSU to play Arizona in 2022. Nice to see PAC12 still scheduling FCS teams along with the Big 12, is the Big 10 the only one with a ban on FCS teams, I know they wanted more conferences to do it but I don't think the SEC did.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, homer said:

Pretty interesting tweet from a recently departed player from FU   Lots of comments about coach/player relationships there   Not saying I agree or disagree but obviously was within the program and does not think real highly of current staff  

https://mobile.twitter.com/BCarlton6/status/853347211278680065/photo/1

He was one of their top recruits, BV was fawning all over him.  But now he can't hack it.  

I am sure the coaches will be saying "he didn't have what it takes to play the Bison way", or some !@#$ like that.  Like they have before.

14 hours ago, UND1983 said:

He was one of their top recruits, BV was fawning all over him.  But now he can't hack it.  

I am sure the coaches will be saying "he didn't have what it takes to play the Bison way", or some !@#$ like that.  Like they have before.

To the surprise of no one, it looks like the "once a bison, always a bison" mantra has temporarily been suspended while they trash this kid for making his experience public.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, homer said:

Pretty interesting tweet from a recently departed player from FU   Lots of comments about coach/player relationships there   Not saying I agree or disagree but obviously was within the program and does not think real highly of current staff  

https://mobile.twitter.com/BCarlton6/status/853347211278680065/photo/1

On 2/2/2017 at 5:08 PM, Milford torgerson said: 

Sorry if this has been covered but why didn't we grab that big kid from minot, Cook?

“I’m going to remember how much the coaches actually cared about the players,” Cook said. “You hear some schools where the coaches care about winning, nothing else. I mean that’s kind of the attitude that it was when I went to NDSU (North Dakota State) and visited there and was talking to them. It was hard for me to consider a program where they are focused more on the games to win rather than developing the players into men of character".

Sounds like a reoccurring theme there at cow college. 

Very refreshing to have bubba and staff.  

14 hours ago, jdub27 said:

To the surprise of no one, it looks like the "once a bison, always a bison" mantra has temporarily been suspended while they trash this kid for making his experience public.

21 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Not everyone can hack it.  Total different ball game from HS. The move up can be a pretty big slap in the face when the shine wears off and you are looking at kids who are just as good or better than you are. Youre not top dog anymore.  Plus after a time they realize they just dont have the commitment.  Doesnt make any difference if you are a top recruit or not. You still have to prove yourself.

Hes still in school from what I can tell. Lets see if he goes some place else.

4 hours ago, Longtime fan said:
   On 2/2/2017 at 5:08 PM, Milford torgerson said: 

Sorry if this has been covered but why didn't we grab that big kid from minot, Cook?

“I’m going to remember how much the coaches actually cared about the players,” Cook said. “You hear some schools where the coaches care about winning, nothing else. I mean that’s kind of the attitude that it was when I went to NDSU (North Dakota State) and visited there and was talking to them. It was hard for me to consider a program where they are focused more on the games to win rather than developing the players into men of character".

Sounds like a reoccurring theme there at cow college. 

Very refreshing to have bubba and staff.  

Are you sure you are reading this as it is meant to be read?

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

Not everyone can hack it.  Total different ball game from HS. The move up can be a pretty big slap in the face when the shine wears off and you are looking at kids who are just as good or better than you are. Youre not top dog anymore.  Plus after a time they realize they just dont have the commitment.  Doesnt make any difference if you are a top recruit or not. You still have to prove yourself.

Yeah, and not every coaching staff has class. Not saying NDSU is the worst of the worst, but some staffs are certainly better than others. 

I'm not sure I am going to read too much into a few players bad mouthing coaches or a program. Every program has people who leave or don't have a good experience. If fans are always wondering why some players are playing over others with no personal stake in the matter, imagine how it compounds when you are the one that feels they are being treated unfairly.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bison73 said:

What does that have to do with some of your fans showing their ndsu class and going after the kid after he talked about his experience?