SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

Mighty Joe Prothroe, the 'All American' for Cal Poly had 9 carries, 25 yards, and a knee injury, left the game.  I wonder who's the bright guy that said he wouldn't hold up the entire season.....38 carries and being tackled on full back dives the QB pulls.  (= to 45-50 attempts)

Anyway, I didn't wish him to get injured, just pointed out he nor anyone else can take that beating a full season.

And yes, he is overrated, his backup lead the team in rushing.  How is that possible??

Glad we dodged him and a for sure loss last year.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Mighty Joe Prothroe, the 'All American' for Cal Poly had 9 carries, 25 yards, and a knee injury, left the game.  I wonder who's the bright guy that said he wouldn't hold up the entire season.....38 carries and being tackled on full back dives the QB pulls.  (= to 45-50 attempts)

Anyway, I didn't wish him to get injured, just pointed out he nor anyone else can take that beating a full season.

And yes, he is overrated, his backup lead the team in rushing.  How is that possible??

Glad we dodged him and a for sure loss last year.

System fullback???? No... not him.

3 hours ago, homer said:

Relax.  It is ok to look at other teams on our schedule.  

Did I say you couldn't look at other teams?

No.

I implied that there's no reason to build a team up just so you can feel better if UND loses. That has happened quite regularly since UND's loss to Utah. UND *should* beat Missouri State and South Dakota if they want another top 8 seed in the FCS playoffs. There's no guarantee that UND will go undefeated in-Conference again. I just like to say it how it is: South Dakota may be tough, but based on expectations (UND's rank), UND needs to beat Missouri State and South Dakota. 

4 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Did I say you couldn't look at other teams?

No.

I implied that there's no reason to build a team up just so you can feel better if UND loses. That has happened quite regularly since UND's loss to Utah. UND *should* beat Missouri State and South Dakota if they want another top 8 seed in the FCS playoffs. There's no guarantee that UND will go undefeated in-Conference again. I just like to say it how it is: South Dakota may be tough, but based on expectations (UND's rank), UND needs to beat Missouri State and South Dakota. 

It was an honest observation while watching the USD game.  They are very, very good on offense.  Big up front with a QB that improved a lot during the off season.  

No one is building them up.  You watch their game?

47 minutes ago, homer said:

It was an honest observation while watching the USD game.  They are very, very good on offense.  Big up front with a QB that improved a lot during the off season.  

No one is building them up.  You watch their game?

The USD game will be tough as we usually struggle in their dome. But it is a winnable game, and if we come away 2-1 to start conference play we should be in really good shape to repeat what we did last year only this time we win in the playoffs.

I watched the first half of the NAU - Arizona game last night on the Pac 12 Network while over at a buddies for a fish fry.  NAU's offense looks really good, they were moving the ball on U of A pretty well.  Arizona got a punt return for a TD in the first half, and NAU had a few turn overs which made the score seem a little more lopsided than it was.  I think NAU may have had more offensive yards at halftime.  I remember NAU having a really good freshman RB last year, well now they got a transfer from Boise St. I believe, that is starting and looked really good.  NAU is going to be a tough team to beat.  I can see a scenario where we both have the same record and have a split conference champ again this year. 

29 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Wild fires are getting serious out west. E. Wash air quality is below acceptable levels.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...okane-as-w/#/0

Air quality is below standards allowed by NCAA for a game.  Things could clear up by Saturday.

The air was terrible in CO today. There is one fire in Steamboat Springs but most of this smoke here is from the northwest. Bad deal going on out there.

3 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

The air was terrible in CO today. There is one fire in Steamboat Springs but most of this smoke here is from the northwest. Bad deal going on out there.

A friend of mine text me on Saturday saying how Hurricane Harvey grabbed the attention of most everyone and that things are very serious out west. Montana alone had 68 forest fires.

3 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

A friend of mine text me on Saturday saying how Hurricane Harvey grabbed the attention of most everyone and that things are very serious out west. Montana alone had 68 forest fires.

Montana is getting no media attention and now with hurricane Irma will continue to get no news. Very sad, I hope it rains out there soon.

9 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Self Reliance and Hearty People.....doesn't fit the narrative - 

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

It's been smoky all summer long in Montana.

9 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Glacier lost a 100+ year old Sperry Chalet (there is talk about rebuilding it) and Lake McDonald Lodge  had the fire 100 feet away. Seeley Lake was completely evacuated. Lolo is under a evacuation alert if the fire spreads there. My parents had a fire very close to their house in Montana City (just south of Helena). 

There isn't any coverage on the fires unless a major city is threatened.

22 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Heard about this last night, don't know if it's true, not really confirmed yet, there's a 5 page thread on Bisonville that's growing rapidly.

Nick Deluca might be out for the season ACL,. If true, feel sorry for him.

If true, tough break for a guy with NFL potential to lose both his senior and super senior seasons to 2 separate injuries.  Had it been the shoulder again he might've gotten a 6th year, but being it's a different injury I don't think they usually give out another med redshirt.  Good luck to him in his recovery.

25 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Heard about this last night, don't know if it's true, not really confirmed yet, there's a 5 page thread on Bisonville that's growing rapidly.

Great player.  Never ever like to see that.  Hopefully makes a full recovery.

43 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

If true, tough break for a guy with NFL potential to lose both his senior and super senior seasons to 2 separate injuries.  Had it been the shoulder again he might've gotten a 6th year, but being it's a different injury I don't think they usually give out another med redshirt.  Good luck to him in his recovery.

I actually think he'll get a 6th year if he wants it, I don't believe think they distinguish between types of injuries just that the lost seasons are out of the players control. He's now lost 2 season to injury in 5, which would be the baseline for a 6th year. Really tough break for a kid that is a helluva player.

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

True.  Happened in practice, which is only slightly better than happening in a game against that crappy of an opponent.  I'd be pissed if I were an SU fan, losing a number of guys for the season in a meaningless game.  (Still pissed UND scheduled the same crappy team)  DeLuca is likely out for the year but will know more after surgery.