SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

Nothing that really affects UND or any of the conferences in the region but some FCS news. 

Looks like Campbell U in North Carolina will be announcing that they are going to begin offering football scholarships. They are currently non-scholarship and play in the Pioneer League. The team will be moving to the Big South Conference where Campbell is already a member for all other sports.

Also, Texas A&M Kingsville and Texas A&M Corpus Christi have tentatively agreed to merge into one school. TAMU-CC is DI in the Southland Conference but does not have football. TAMU-K plays football at the D2 level in the Lone Star Conference. The merged school would remain DI and intend to sponsor DI football. 

Texas A&M System regents to mull over merger

Just now, Sioux94 said:

We've won 9 in a row, and our only FCS loss is a close one on the road to a team who rolled a top 10 FCS Richmond. I think our resume is pretty good, and 9 wins in a row is impressive. 

It is but as of this week we were still out of the top 8. The playoff committee and the rankings have consistently not given UND much credit so far. Do I think UND should be seeded? You bet. Do I think it'll happen when the final rankings are put out? I really don't know. 

2 minutes ago, Feff said:

It is but as of this week we were still out of the top 8. The playoff committee and the rankings have consistently not given UND much credit so far. Do I think UND should be seeded? You bet. Do I think it'll happen when the final rankings are put out? I really don't know. 

It'll be close, Chattanooga losing today should do it if you believe this weeks FCS Committee rankings. That'd move UND up to #9 this week. Final week #8 plays #5. If Central Arkansas loses to SHSU, UND should move up 1 more and finish #8. We'll see though. 

5 minutes ago, AJS said:

Richmond lost today too, which was big since they were most likely #11 or #12. SDSU though I'm nervous about. They beat USD by 7 today and will play @ UNI next week. Could be enough to jump UND.

Remember, even if SDSU loses to UNI, it'll be a quality loss. And if SDSU wins it'll be considered a quality win. 

1 minute ago, homer said:

Big Sky was a better conference head to head.   SDSU lost to a middle of the pack Cal Poly.  Weak argument.  

They are trying to give the SEC excuse of "our conference is just so tough, every win is a quality win and every loss is a quality loss"

• Upvote 1