SiouxSports.com Forum

Fall Camp 2015

geaux_sioux

That's why I tend to be keen on Studsrud, if for nothing else, his mobility. I always seem to get less upset when Keaton holds the ball an extra second or so and then takes off up field. 

I agree on the mobility factor.  Keaton made some nice moves in the NAU game that neither of the other QB's would have made, imho.  Plus another time he was sacked and held on to the ball, no fumble.  Keaton impresses me.  I will be happy with Bubba's and Paul's decision on who will lead the team the best.

Another good practice today with a lot of energy and sense of urgency.

Mollberg is starting to feel comfortable in the pocket again and had several crisp throws on a rope all over the field today. He's going to give Studsrud all he can handle for the starting job against the Pokes if he can stay healthy. 

Hiedelbaugh is looking more comfortable, too, everyday, and should make for a good scout team QB this fall. 

Kyle Norberg was on a mission today at RB. He combined speed and power on a number of nice runs. Judging the running game this early in fall camp is always hard with the pin the hip tempo and intensity they are playing at. We should learn more starting tomorrow when the team goes to full pads for the first time. 

The first two a day is also looming on Thursday. I think there are only 5 of this this fall camp. ( :

Iwarri Smith was good again today at RB and returning duty. Hard to believe he's only 17. 

Smith took a pretty good hit to the thigh area early in Tuesdays practice.  Looked like he may have suffered something like a Charlie horse, but he played through it and showed no ill effects the rest of the day. 

Many of the players had a case of the dropsies today,which is pretty unfortunate. 

That said, Walker, Cerretino and Georges had good receiving days today. 

FB Iverson had a good day, too, especially when it came to his catch and run abilities. It's never anything flashy and looks about the same vpevery time, but before you know  it, your 20+ yards up the field. My only beef is that I think he should  be harder for the DBs tobring down with his size.  

Ruhe was back on the field today and took part in limited drills. 

WR Hartness and CB Harris were present but did not practice. 

Full pads tomorrow! Get ready!

Edited by Teeder11
  • Upvote 1

Mollberg is starting to feel comfortable in the pocket again and had several crisp throws on a rope all over the field today. He's going to give Studsrud all he can handle for the starting job against the Pokes if he can stay healthy. 

Hiedelbaugh is looking more comfortable, too, everyday, and should make for a good scout team QB this fall. 

Kyle Norberg was on a mission today at RB. He combined speed and power on a number of nice runs. Judging the running game this early in fall camp is always hard with the pin the hip tempo and intensity they are playing at. We should learn more starting tomorrow when the team goes to full pads for the first time. 

The first two a day is also looming on Thursday. I think there are only 5 of this this fall camp. ( :

Iwarri Smith was good again today at RB and returning duty. Hard to believe he's only 17. 

Smith took a pretty good hit to the thigh area early in Tuesdays practice.  Looked like he may have suffered something like a Charlie horse, but he played through it and showed no ill effects the rest of the day. 

Many of the players had a case of the dropsies today,which is pretty unfortunate. 

FB Iverson had a good day, too, especially when it came to his catch and run abilities. It's never anything flashy and looks about the same vpevery time, but before you know  it, your 20+ yards up the field. My only beef is that I think he should  be harder for the DBs tobring down with his size.  

Thanks, Teeder.  Good stuff.

how does Greer look? Is he as strong as he looks?

It was mentioned that there still might be some late additions to the squad.    Punter would be one addition they said.    Since the coaches have  had  a glimpse of the present players in Fall camp for a few days, does anybody know what positions they might be looking at? 

It was mentioned that there still might be some late additions to the squad.    Punter would be one addition they said.    Since the coaches have  had  a glimpse of the present players in Fall camp for a few days, does anybody know what positions they might be looking at? 

Guessing it is mainly a reference to walk-ons which, because of roster limitations until classes start, can't join workouts yet.  Assuming anyone who is expected to possibly have an impact this year is already at practice and it is getting pretty late to be finding a transfer, though you never know.

There was a new p/k at practice today,  wearing  Bolduc's old number 86. He looks very tall compared to Taubs and Meindel. There was not much of any kicking happening today.  The new 86 probably was probably slated to start later this fall but got moved up when Bolduc departed. 

Also Nevermann is expected back at the start of classes. Beyond that i don't  know.