SiouxSports.com Forum

Fall Camp 2015

geaux_sioux

LT C and QB are the three spots that need to be solidified before Wyoming. Stockwell is the LT if he's healthy. If Boas can't be the OC does anyone else think he looks like a nose? At QB I think Mollberg is the best if healthy. He was rolling last year before he had that awful luck.

LT C and QB are the three spots that need to be solidified before Wyoming. Stockwell is the LT if he's healthy. If Boas can't be the OC does anyone else think he looks like a nose? At QB I think Mollberg is the best if healthy. He was rolling last year before he had that awful luck.

Stockwell has to get healthy.  His luck with injuries has been terrible.  Either way we are going into next season with inexperience at the LT spot.  

First day of fall camp!

Quick glance of first day roster shows new freshman fullback: Josh Leonhard, 6-1, 220,  out of Batavia, Ill., Batavia H.S.

also no Vashon Tucker listed yet. I will see if I can find out the scoop on that.

Where did you see the first day roster?  Is it posted somewhere?  I am curious to see if players' size (weight) have been updated.

Where did you see the first day roster?  Is it posted somewhere?  I am curious to see if players' size (weight) have been updated.

I got them in hardcopy form from the football SID at today's practice.  It looks like the sizes are identical to what has been posted online already, so no updates there.  The new rosters do list Sills and the new fullback. Those were the big updates.  Other updates showed the new number assignments for players, though there are still some things that need to be straightened out in that regard. Some wrong players' numbers were listed on the newest roster (not the current online one).

My eyeball assessment for today's' QB play:

1. Studsrud

1a. Mollberg

2. Bartles

3. Heidelbaugh

4. Hartness

Bartles still has a funny hitch after he plants, causing him to be a half second late on throws.

S Zach Arnell was the recipient of a gift INT from Bartles probably due to this problem hitch.  It was a nice break to the ball on Arnell's part -- possible pick six.

Heidelbaugh and Hartness looked understandably overwhelmed at times.  I would give the edge to Heidelbaugh on who adapted the best today as far as true freshman QBs go.

None of the QBs  today could throw a back-fade pattern to save their lives today.

As I've said in past years, I will have to defer to others to assess the OL play. That's not my forte. I always seem to miss crucial nuances that others see as very evident.

The DL was getting after it today. Lots of young talent there.  Tank Harris had a nice bull rush through the middle that flattened the center (Cox) and disrupted the QB.

Edited by Teeder11
  • Upvote 1

How did RBs look?

They didn't do much today other than block.  

Oliviera looks the part early. He comes in looking very big for a freshman, at the same time Smith and Dulin at WR are rail thin. 

Edited by Teeder11

Iwarri Smith?

Yeah, we were joking today that he looked bigger in his weight room Twitter feed pics. Smith isn't as slight as Dulin but he's got room to grow. He's very young, too. Dulin is the one that is really thin and lanky, then again so was Golloday and look what happened there!

Edited by Teeder11

Yeah, we were joking today that he looked bigger in his weight room Twitter feed pics. Smith isn't as slight as Dulin but he's got room to grow. He's very young, too. Dulin is the one that is really thin and lanky, then again so was Golloday and look what happened there!

Yeah I was going to say from Twitter he looks big. 

My eyeball assessment for today's' QB play:

1. Studsrud

1a. Mollberg

2. Bartles

3. Heidelbaugh

4. Hartness

Bartles still has a funny hitch after he plants, causing him to be a half second late on throws.

S Zach Arnell was the recipient of a gift INT from Bartles probably due to this problem hitch.  It was a nice break to the ball on Arnell's part -- possible pick six.

Heidelbaugh and Hartness looked understandably overwhelmed at times.  I would give the edge to Heidelbaugh on who adapted the best today as far as true freshman QBs go.

None of the QBs  today could throw a back-fade pattern to save their lives today.

As I've said in past years, I will have to defer to others to assess the OL play. That's not my forte. I always seem to miss crucial nuances that others see as very evident.

The DL was getting after it today. Lots of young talent there.  Tank Harris had a nice bull rush through the middle that flattened the center (Cox) and disrupted the QB.

In my opinion, quarterback play will make or break this season - other positions have been solidified but in order to compete with the top programs we need good to great qb play.  We have been waiting a long time for someone to step up (or, in Molberg and Bartles case just play up to their hype) - these guys have been in the program long enough - time for someone to become a stud.