SiouxSports.com Forum

Fall Camp 2015

geaux_sioux

So I believe we are about half way through fall camp now correct? 

Am I off base to expect that a starting QB should be named real quick here, so that whoever it is gets the bulk of the reps with 1's?

IMO, it isn't really a great sign that one of the 3 guys apparently hasn't separated themselves from the pack yet.

That's a good take.

So I believe we are about half way through fall camp now correct? 

Am I off base to expect that a starting QB should be named real quick here, so that whoever it is gets the bulk of the reps with 1's?

IMO, it isn't really a great sign that one of the 3 guys apparently hasn't separated themselves from the pack yet.

After this weekend, most position battles should be decided. You want to have at least one week of game prep with the starters known, and two weeks is preferable.

Managed to catch a little bit of the early practice yesterday.  Was still a quite a few guys in shorts which is disappointing.  The only one that I saw that looked to be longer term was Coyne (looked like he had a set of crutches).  Bartels seemed to struggle the most in QB drills, neither Studsrud or Mollberg stood out from each other.  Nick Schmitz was getting quite a few reps at NG and was looking pretty good.  Still think there will be a lot of rotation at that spot and they will count on energy/effort over talent, at least right away.  Tank Harris was one of the guys in shorts but was participating in position group drills, was hoping to see how he looked there.  Ratelle made a few nice plays, the linebacking corps with him leading this year is going to be fun to watch.

Managed to catch a little bit of the early practice yesterday.  Was still a quite a few guys in shorts which is disappointing.  The only one that I saw that looked to be longer term was Coyne (looked like he had a set of crutches).  Bartels seemed to struggle the most in QB drills, neither Studsrud or Mollberg stood out from each other.  Nick Schmitz was getting quite a few reps at NG and was looking pretty good.  Still think there will be a lot of rotation at that spot and they will count on energy/effort over talent, at least right away.  Tank Harris was one of the guys in shorts but was participating in position group drills, was hoping to see how he looked there.  Ratelle made a few nice plays, the linebacking corps with him leading this year is going to be fun to watch.

thanks,  how about the RB's and WR's.  

thanks,  how about the RB's and WR's.  

Those are the two positions that I usually keep my eye on the most but no one really stood out, good or bad.  I would assume Seibel has one spot locked down at WR and probably Cerriteno at the other spot with Georges/Bridges/Reed working the slot.  Stanley definitely has size to him.  Walker fits in there somewhere but not sure where at this point, probably backing up the first two.  Could be completely wrong though there was lots of rotation.

Just curious, why was it disappointing to see guys in shorts?  

I'm pretty sure that those are the players that are injured and being held out of practice. Most probably have minor injuries unless they have casts, walking boots, crutches or other aids to healing.

• Upvote 1

I'd rather see them getting reps. Was hoping  a few of the guys would be back by now but makes sense to be cautious so they can be ready when the season starts. Seems UND has had bad luck with injuries lately, just glad that most of them seem to be minor. Just unfortunate they seem to be at positions where new faces could use some work. 

I'd rather see them getting reps. Was hoping  a few of the guys would be back by now but makes sense to be cautious so they can be ready when the season starts. Seems UND has had bad luck with injuries lately, just glad that most of them seem to be minor. Just unfortunate they seem to be at positions where new faces could use some work. 

One of the guys had Turf Toe and had to have his toe nails pulled.  Ugh Ugh.  Lucky to be walking at all I would think