SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Conference Commissioner Doug Fullerton Conversation

UND-FB-FAN

Did Miller talk about a moveup? Perhaps membership into the Mountain West.;)

Not exactly. He just says the Big Sky is already better than the MWC or any other G5 conference for that matter. And UND fans talk about Bison media people being homers. Miller and Sweeney set a pretty high bar.

• Downvote 3

Not exactly. He just says the Big Sky is already better than the MWC or any other G5 conference for that matter. And UND fans talk about Bison media people being homers. Miller and Sweeney set a pretty high bar.

Your reading comprehension skills are off. Nowhere does Miller say anything to the effect that the Big Sky is better than MWC. He does however imply that the gap may not be as big as some may have thought. Which the evidence in the scores between the two conferences this past week proves. He does talk about the importance of both UND and NDSU aligning themselves in case a three tier system comes into play in a few years. 

Not sure what article you read, but it definitely wasn't from Miller or the GFH. There are several teams from the MAC and MWC that are certainly no better than Montana, Montana State, Eastern Washington, etc. If UND builds off what they did on Saturday, no reason they can't be in that conversation either. 

Secondly, Miller picked UND to finish middle of the pack this year in the BSC, so very little optimism there. 

Please tell me you are kidding or trolling or both. The hype machine out of Imperial Cass-Clay County has been unreal the past 5 years or so. Listening to some of the rhetoric, you would think that FU was already FBS and in the Big 12 in more than just wrestling. And you are right, Miller sets a pretty high bar for homerism.....SCOTT "My Oh My" Miller, that is. He is without question the most annoying media personality in Imperial Cass-Clay County.

Thank you for the interest in Bubba Ball and the Grand Forks Heraldo. But I think you should focus more on Weber State and your various injuries (especially at QB). After all, 0-2 would hurt your playoff hosting chances, wouldn't it?

• Upvote 1

That Miller pick was before as Mike Berg said "UND shocked the nation" uwith their massive win over Wyoming.Now it sounds like he thinks UND and quite possibly 8 of the 13 BSC teams should be invited to the playoffs. They are definitely the best FCS conference in the country.

Wait until next week when Wyoming beats Eastern Michigan. Everybody will be talking about how great that win over Wyoming was. Even though Eastern Michigan has the same number of FBS wins as NDSU since 2013. 

That Miller pick was before as Mike Berg said "UND shocked the nation" uwith their massive win over Wyoming.Now it sounds like he thinks UND and quite possibly 8 of the 13 BSC teams should be invited to the playoffs. They are definitely the best FCS conference in the country.

Wait until next week when Wyoming beats Eastern Michigan. Everybody will be talking about how great that win over Wyoming was. Even though Eastern Michigan has the same number of FBS wins as NDSU since 2013. 

So you listened to the game? I watch some NDSU games when they play good opponents.  I've never listened to one on the radio. Are you going to listen to Eastern Michigan and Wyoming next week. If you do some of the guys on here would like to know if they're playing loud rap music on the PA. Just drop us a note in between one your trolling comments. That would be great. Thanks. 

So you listened to the game? I watch some NDSU games when they play good opponents.  I've never listened to one on the radio. Are you going to listen to Eastern Michigan and Wyoming next week. If you do some of the guys on here would like to know if they're playing loud rap music on the PA. Just drop us a note in between one your trolling comments. That would be great. Thanks. 

Nope. Have no interest in Wyoming. Hope they go winless this year. I was never a big Bohl fan. Good coach but too arrogant for me. Was glad to see Klieman take over. The better man won on Saturday (Bubba over Bohl). When the Bison aren't playing and I am in the car, I have listened to UND games the last couple of years. I liked Jack Michael's call. I did find it hard to listen to Sweeney though. 

I just think that perhaps some should dial it in a little after a win over a historically depleted MWC team. I actually think your close calls over San Diego State and Fresno State in recent years were more impressive than the win over Wyoming.

Please tell me you are kidding or trolling or both. The hype machine out of Imperial Cass-Clay County has been unreal the past 5 years or so. Listening to some of the rhetoric, you would think that FU was already FBS and in the Big 12 in more than just wrestling. And you are right, Miller sets a pretty high bar for homerism.....SCOTT "My Oh My" Miller, that is. He is without question the most annoying media personality in Imperial Cass-Clay County.

Thank you for the interest in Bubba Ball and the Grand Forks Heraldo. But I think you should focus more on Weber State and your various injuries (especially at QB). After all, 0-2 would hurt your playoff hosting chances, wouldn't it?

best post in a while...

Nope. Have no interest in Wyoming. Hope they go winless this year. I was never a big Bohl fan. Good coach but too arrogant for me. Was glad to see Klieman take over. The better man won on Saturday (Bubba over Bohl). When the Bison aren't playing and I am in the car, I have listened to UND games the last couple of years. I liked Jack Michael's call. I did find it hard to listen to Sweeney though. 

I just think that perhaps some should dial it in a little after a win over a historically depleted MWC team. I actually think your close calls over San Diego State and Fresno State in recent years were more impressive than the win over Wyoming.

The people in Fargo will tell you they weren't depleted in 2008 though.  Whatever fits the narrative.  

Hyping a win like this has been what Fargo has been very good at the last few years.  Its an accomplishment no matter the teams record.  UND has the attention again of the casual football fan that they lost the last few years.  Other teams are trying to downplay the win.  That tells me its a big deal to the casual fan.   

We didn't just win, we held WYO to 29 yards rushing when they are a predominantly rushing team and wanted to run it down our throat, and we controlled the whole game start to finish.  We realize it is just one win, but as homer stated......it has peaked the interest of the casual football fan that was previously not interested.  And yes......that "My Oh My"........so annoying.  Although I did enjoy texting "My Oh My" to my Bison buddies after Montana converted that 4th and goal, especially since they sent that same text to me after MT kicked their game winning field goal against us last year.

• Upvote 1

I am sure if you look on BV you will see posts from their wins against Ball St and Kansas among the other lower teams of the FBS, and the chests would be all red from the pounding. Face it Bison fans can't use the zero FBS wins against us. Now I am sure it will move to you have no P5 wins. Since we are the only Dakota team without one of those...get the Jayhawks or Cyclones on the phone.

I am sure if you look on BV you will see posts from their wins against Ball St and Kansas among the other lower teams of the FBS, and the chests would be all red from the pounding. Face it Bison fans can't use the zero FBS wins against us. Now I am sure it will move to you have no P5 wins. Since we are the only Dakota team without one of those...get the Jayhawks or Cyclones on the phone.

You are right. Maybe 8-3 and 1-7 mean something though...:cool:

I agree Bohl was really cocky. Klieman seems to be a good down to earth guy. Michaels is better PBP guy than Sweeney and some people may need to tone it down a bit on the win last week. However, the win is a win and the style in which the win came was fairly impressive. The losses to SDSU, FSU and Northern Illinois to throw in another close loss is still losses. As my old man used to say "close only counts in horse shoes and grenades".

I agree Bohl was really cocky. Klieman seems to be a good down to earth guy. Michaels is better PBP guy than Sweeney and some people may need to tone it down a bit on the win last week. However, the win is a win and the style in which the win came was fairly impressive. The losses to SDSU, FSU and Northern Illinois to throw in another close loss is still losses. As my old man used to say "close only counts in horse shoes and grenades".

Don't forget nuclear weapons:).

• Upvote 1

I actually like Scott Miller. I think he does a very good job calling a game. Seemed pretty fair the few times I've heard him. 

I actually like Scott Miller. I think he does a very good job calling a game. Seemed pretty fair the few times I've heard him. 

I guess you could substitute Miller with Jeff Kolpack or Dom Izzo if you wish.  My main problem with Miller is that he doesn't give the score enough during the game. It's almost like you have to wait until the end of the quarter or half or the game to find out who is ahead and who is behind.

The gap between the MWC and Big Sky is the same as the MWC and PAC12 no matter what Fullerton says....  Nobody takes that guy serious.  Colorado State is spending $125 million on a new stadium while Eastern Washington plays in that little "stadium"  Fresno State, Boise, etc vs UND... C'Mon guys, be real.  And sure a few FCS teams win a few games vs FBS teams just like Temple beat Penn State this Saturday...  doesn't make Temple anywhere near the Penn State and the Big Ten in the long run.    MWC overall record long term vs the BSC and their stadiums look like palaces compared to the little fields on average that the BSC has.  Its the same as the long term average of the MWC vs the PAC12 and the PAC12 stadiums vs the average MWC stadium.  Same with revenue.  MWC makes $50 million plus in CFP and media money per year where the Big Sky has to pay people to get their games on TV.

The gap is huge, and it is growing.  $50+ million per year more is pouring into the MWC programs vs the Big Sky programs and the top 5 conferences are slowing refusing to play the FCS schools.  How could the MWC not pull away further from the Big Sky?  Colorado State and Fresno and Boise are constantly reinvesting revenues that the BSC doesn't have.

Fullerton has the loser-mentality of instead of trying to make the Big Sky better and spend money to improve the programs and earn anything, he just "hopes" to pull-down the MWC down to his level.  He says that over and over how he is hoping upon hoping that the line gets drawn below 5 conferences and that the next 5 conferences lose money and get dragged down and blah blah blah he hopes for misfortune to strike the MWC and negate their actual trying to improve and spending money and building facilities and sweat equity..... how disgusting..  here is an idea Fullerton, just try to make the the Big Sky better to narrow the gap and quit being so cheap hoping for a handout from some rules committee causing harm to other programs.

Edited by #MACtion

The gap between the MWC and Big Sky is the same as the MWC and PAC12 no matter what Fullerton says....  Nobody takes that guy serious.  Colorado State is spending $125 million on a new stadium while Eastern Washington plays in that little "stadium"  Fresno State, Boise, etc vs UND... C'Mon guys, be real.  And sure a few FCS teams win a few games vs FBS teams just like Temple beat Penn State this Saturday...  doesn't make Temple anywhere near the Penn State and the Big Ten in the long run.    MWC overall record long term vs the BSC and their stadiums look like palaces compared to the little fields on average that the BSC has.  Its the same as the long term average of the MWC vs the PAC12 and the PAC12 stadiums vs the average MWC stadium.  Same with revenue.  MWC makes $50 million plus in CFP and media money per year where the Big Sky has to pay people to get their games on TV.

The gap is huge, and it is growing.  $50+ million per year more is pouring into the MWC programs vs the Big Sky programs and the top 5 conferences are slowing refusing to play the FCS schools.  How could the MWC not pull away further from the Big Sky?  Colorado State and Fresno and Boise are constantly reinvesting revenues that the BSC doesn't have.

Fullerton has the loser-mentality of instead of trying to make the Big Sky better and spend money to improve the programs and earn anything, he just "hopes" to pull-down the MWC down to his level.  He says that over and over how he is hoping upon hoping that the line gets drawn below 5 conferences and that the next 5 conferences lose money and get dragged down and blah blah blah he hopes for misfortune to strike the MWC and negate their actual trying to improve and spending money and building facilities and sweat equity..... how disgusting..  here is an idea Fullerton, just try to make the the Big Sky better to narrow the gap and quit being so cheap hoping for a handout from some rules committee causing harm to other programs.

The gap between the MAC and Big Sky is not as large as you would like it to be. Sorry. I understand you are a fan of a bad FBS team but the reality is the G5 has nothing on the P5 and that gap will continue to widen. UND & NDSU offering FCOA in all sports is looking a lot more comparable to the G5 than the G5 is to the P5. 

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

Paging Mr. Volley, Mister SiouxVolley, please report to this thread. 

Mr. #MACtion, Mr. Volley will be with you shortly to address your concerns. Please take a seat in our waiting room where you'll be able to choose to watch either "UND 24 Wyoming 13" or "Portland State 24 Washington State 17". Thank you for your patience. 

• Upvote 1