SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Conference Commissioner Doug Fullerton Conversation

UND-FB-FAN

So exchange NDSU with Big Sky and AAU with FBS.  FBS is much less exclusive and much less costly and much more likely by a factor of a few thousand.  AAU in your lifetime is purely delusional.

Even if we come up short on the AAU we will still be in a much better place for trying.  Hearing you use the word delusional is amusing  considering many of your posts are not based on reality. But you just keep---keeping on.:lol:

Even if we come up short on the AAU we will still be in a much better place for trying.  Hearing you use the word delusional is amusing  considering many of your posts are not based on reality. But you just keep---keeping on.:lol:

AAU WOULD take the entire treasury of ND plus 20 yrs of only NDSU being funded, nothing else.

You believing President B is outrageous, but you tout his line like it's the gospel.

Only lunatics believe that NDSU can be AAU in five years.  You've said it includes you.

• Upvote 2

AAU WOULD take the entire treasury of ND plus 20 yrs of only NDSU being funded, nothing else.

You believing President B is outrageous, but you tout his line like it's the gospel.

Only lunatics believe that NDSU can be AAU in five years.  You've said it includes you.

I have to ask---what does outer space smell like? What type of controlled substance made you extrapolate my post in to your conclusion? Or is your reading comprehension really that bad? With a DSU sheepskin that could be the answer.

I have to ask---what does outer space smell like? What type of controlled substance made you extrapolate my post in to your conclusion? Or is your reading comprehension really that bad? With a DSU sheepskin that could be the answer.

You'll have to ask Bresciani yourself. Tex A&M only became AAU  in 2001.

It costs billions to get the infrastructure and Nobel quality professors to get to AAU.

Bresciani is smoking something.  Five years is BS unless Bill Gates will start a new initiative.   You can't be that gullible?

Edited by SiouxVolley

You'll have to ask Bresciani yourself. Tex A&M only became AAU  in 2001.

It costs billions to get the infrastructure and Nobel quality professors to get to AAU.

Bresciani is smoking something.  Five years is BS unless Bill Gates will start a new initiative.   You can't be that gullible?

Again---read my post---again. Where did I say it was going to happen??

"""So NDSU is putting together a plan to try and join the AAU. How is that a bad thing? It shows they are going to pursue different sources of grants and funding etc etc etc. There is a laundry list. We are setting goals ""

"""Even if we come up short on the AAU we will still be in a much better place for trying. """

Whether we reach AAU status or not the fact that if we follow the guidlines-requirements for eligibility would that not put NDSU in a better place. You do understand that right?

He also said it would take AT LEAST 5-10 years and the effort would have to be GREAT to achieve it in that timeline.

We all know the the hate you hold for NDSU but wow man for you to blow up over simple stuff like this is crazy hate.

Edited by bison73

Again---read my post---again. Where did I say it was going to happen??

"""So NDSU is putting together a plan to try and join the AAU. How is that a bad thing? It shows they are going to pursue different sources of grants and funding etc etc etc. There is a laundry list. We are setting goals ""

"""Even if we come up short on the AAU we will still be in a much better place for trying. """

Whether we reach AAU status or not the fact that if we follow the guidlines-requirements for eligibility would that not put NDSU in a better place. You do understand that right?

He also said it would take AT LEAST 5-10 years and the effort would have to be GREAT to achieve it in that timeline.

We all know the the hate you hold for NDSU but wow man for you to blow up over simple stuff like this is crazy hate.

Yep.  Can't hurt to set goals.  Hope they can achieve those benchmarks.  Whether that gets the University anywhere close to AAU or not is not something I'd feel comfortable trying to have a conversation about.

Yep.  Can't hurt to set goals.  Hope they can achieve those benchmarks.  Whether that gets the University anywhere close to AAU or not is not something I'd feel comfortable trying to have a conversation about.

Unless NDSU gets a medical center with research, vastly increases genetic research on human conditions, or DOE builds a new collider lab outside Fargo, NDSU will not get any consideration from AAU.  Ag research doesn't cut it, as Nebraska shows.

Stretch goals are good, but this is totally unrealistic for all except the most gullible.  Bresciani may want to increase research, but AAU is not even conceivable like at this point.  He has an entirely different agenda that bizon fans acknowledge.

Unless NDSU gets a medical center with research, vastly increases genetic research on human conditions, or DOE builds a new collider lab outside Fargo, NDSU will not get any consideration from AAU.  Ag research doesn't cut it, as Nebraska shows.

Stretch goals are good, but this is totally unrealistic for all except the most gullible.  Bresciani may want to increase research, but AAU is not even conceivable like at this point.  He has an entirely different agenda that bizon fans acknowledge.

...and how does this apply to anything remotely involving the Big Sky Conference or Doug Fullerton....give it a rest already!!

Standard reply about hating NDSU.  AAU is so beyond what UND or NDSU are capable of in five years.  Much of the faculties would have to be fired and replaced with top notch people in their fields.  And that is impossible with tenure or without expanding the departments.  Get it?

So you just love UND after posting 50 times that it's broke.

Standard reply about hating NDSU.  AAU is so beyond what UND or NDSU are capable of in five years.  Much of the faculties would have to be fired and replaced with top notch people in their fields.  And that is impossible with tenure or without expanding the departments.  Get it?

So you just love UND after posting 50 times that it's broke.

UND is broke??? I didnt know that. Please expand on that statement.:0

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wait----This sounds vaguely familiar??? What???? Didnt you post pretty much the same thing when NDSU announced the were going D1? Or was that someone else?

Wait----This sounds vaguely familiar??? What???? Didnt you post pretty much the same thing when NDSU announced the were going D1? Or was that someone else?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_American_Universities

Going DI is easy. There are over 347 schools that are DI, there are 62 AAU schools (60 in US, 2 in Canada), and only 4 of those schools have joined in the 21st century. If Nebraska can get booted that club is very picky on who gets in, and sorry but not many people outside of the FM area think of NDSU as a leading research college.

Removed from the AAU.[7] Chancellor Harvey Perlman claimed that the lack of an on-campus medical school (the Medical Center is a separate campus of the University of Nebraska system) and the AAU's disregarding of USDA-funded agricultural research in its metrics hurt the university's performance in the association's internal ranking system.[6] In 2010 Perlman stated that had Nebraska not been part of the AAU, the Big Ten would likely not have invited it to become the athletic conference's 12th member,[2] although a lack of support for Nebraska's AAU membership by some Big Ten members "call into question the pretext on which Nebraska was invited to join [the Big Ten]."[11]

• Upvote 1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_American_Universities

Going DI is easy. There are over 347 schools that are DI, there are 62 AAU schools (60 in US, 2 in Canada), and only 4 of those schools have joined in the 21st century. If Nebraska can get booted that club is very picky on who gets in, and sorry but not many people outside of the FM area think of NDSU as a leading research college.

Removed from the AAU.[7] Chancellor Harvey Perlman claimed that the lack of an on-campus medical school (the Medical Center is a separate campus of the University of Nebraska system) and the AAU's disregarding of USDA-funded agricultural research in its metrics hurt the university's performance in the association's internal ranking system.[6] In 2010 Perlman stated that had Nebraska not been part of the AAU, the Big Ten would likely not have invited it to become the athletic conference's 12th member,[2] although a lack of support for Nebraska's AAU membership by some Big Ten members "call into question the pretext on which Nebraska was invited to join [the Big Ten]."[11]

Again I will repeat a previous post. By following the guidlines to AAU admission wouldnt that put NDSU in a better place even if they came up short on the final goal?

The president came from a school that was AAU. Our AD came from a school that was AAU. Its called leadership folks.

Again I will repeat a previous post. By following the guidlines to AAU admission wouldnt that put NDSU in a better place even if they came up short on the final goal?

The president came from a school that was AAU. Our AD came from a school that was AAU. Its called leadership folks.

So NDSU wasn't striving to be better before? I'm confused how putting out a goal that by all means seems completely unattainable is the only way they can improve?

I posted about NDSU's AAU plan an another board that deals with that kind of stuff and the concensus it is just bluffery on the part of NDSU'S president.  "Maybe in 60 or 80 years " if it keeps expanding and North Dakota keeps growing.

There is a reason that UCDavis is wanted in the Big Sky, because other school Presidents want to associate with them, including Bresciani.  The Slummit doesn't have any AAU school, so Bresciani isn't impressed.

Edited by SiouxVolley

So NDSU wasn't striving to be better before? I'm confused how putting out a goal that by all means seems completely unattainable is the only way they can improve?

What difference does it make as long as they get there? Who said its the only way that we can improve? Its the direction and approach they have chosen.

Its seem you guys are making a much bigger deal over this than anyone. Why?

I posted about NDSU's AAU plan an another board that deals with that kind of stuff and the concensus it is just bluffery on the part of NDSU'S president.  "Maybe in 60 or 80 years " if it keeps expanding and North Dakota keeps growing.

Thats nice but I could care less what the other board has to say. Its all about NDSU getting better. Which understandably you will nay say at every opportunity. I would think you would be more concerned about not being able to fill your dorms and falling behind in on campus attendance. But please carry on.

Edited by bison73

What difference does it make as long as they get there? Who said its the only way that we can improve? Its the direction and approach they have chosen.

Because it is an entirely wreckless thing to say by Bresciani.  The Forum bought it and has been parroting it for political purposes.

Thats nice but I could care less what the other board has to say. Its all about NDSU getting better. Which understandably you will nay say at every opportunity. I would think you would be more concerned about not being able to fill your dorms and falling behind in on campus attendance. But please carry on.

You started out pretty level headed on here but lately have turned in to a real BV type of rube.  What's with the change?

• Upvote 3

Part A - You approve of selling false hope?  Setting unattainable goals in an unrealistic time frame based on a couple pie in the sky ideas seems rather reckless. In turn, those ideas will be sold to donors and faculty they are trying to recruit, promising them something that at this point, isn't going to happen. Will it make NDSU better in the long run? Maybe? But will it make them any better than they would have been with an attainable goal? Probably not. 

Part B - It's amusing because now everyone gets to see the delusion.

You started out pretty level headed on here but lately have turned in to a real BV type of rube.  What's with the change?

Just responding in kind to SV .  May be his demeanor and azzhattery has rubbed off. I apologize if thats the case.

Part A - You approve of selling false hope?  Setting unattainable goals in an unrealistic time frame based on a couple pie in the sky ideas seems rather reckless. In turn, those ideas will be sold to donors and faculty they are trying to recruit, promising them something that at this point, isn't going to happen. Will it make NDSU better in the long run? Maybe? But will it make them any better than they would have been with an attainable goal? Probably not. 

Part B - It's amusing because now everyone gets to see the delusion.

The AAU has been discussed over at BV before. Nobody there has any false hope.

TheBisonator: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...o-join-the-AAU
NDB2: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...enius-Idea-AAU