SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Conference Commissioner Doug Fullerton Conversation

UND-FB-FAN

It would be stupid for UND, NDSU, or any regional school to move up if they didn't move into a conference with other regional schools.  Good for CC, but playing as any Dakota school in the Sun Belt would suck. 

I agree with this. The Sun Belt is the absolute bottom of the barrel in FBS. I think NDSU's 2013 team could have contended for the championship in that conference. I think FCS is the proper home for all four Dakota schools. The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence.

It would be stupid for UND, NDSU, or any regional school to move up if they didn't move into a conference with other regional schools.  Good for CC, but playing as any Dakota school in the Sun Belt would suck. 

Some bizon believe they are God's gift to fcs, so they should have the first option to go FBS, even without a conference.

Idaho apparently doesn't have a future in the Sun Belt beyond 2017.  2018 is when I say the Big Sky will begin it's FBS move.  The P5 will only have to change some rules, so there is no more antitrust issues.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2015/09/01/3965458_sun-belt-commissioner-noncommittal.html?rh=1

Edited by SiouxVolley

The only fans that concern themselves with the Sunbelt were the very few that are FBS at any cost. IOW they are idiots.

Some bizon believe they are God's gift to fcs, so they should have the first option to go FBS, even without a conference.

Idaho apparently doesn't have a future in the Sun Belt beyond 2017.  2018 is when I say the Big Sky will begin it's FBS move.  The P5 will only have to change some rules, so there is no more antitrust issues.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2015/09/01/3965458_sun-belt-commissioner-noncommittal.html?rh=1

Your UND and the BSC to the FBS prediction is bu&& s$&t if half of of the FCS goes to what is now the FBS and the other half goes D2. The BSC conference will NOT go FBS any sooner than the MVFC would. Having Idaho in the conference will make ZERO difference. You will take credit for knowing all along and you didn't know anymore than anybody else.

• Upvote 2

Your UND and the BSC to the FBS prediction is bu&& s$&t if half of of the FCS goes to what is now the FBS and the other half goes D2. The BSC conference will NOT go FBS any sooner than the MVFC would. Having Idaho in the conference will make ZERO difference. You will take credit for knowing all along and you didn't know anymore than anybody else.

So why all the mocking from you and most of bisonville then for the past 18 months?

Besides, every school has to have at least15k seats to go fbs.  You've been saying we are not capable of that or the attendance issue.  That must have changed recently, like today.

Edited by SiouxVolley

So why all the mocking from you and most of bisonville then for the past 18 months?

Besides, every school has to have at least15k seats to go fbs.  You've been saying we are not capable of that or the attendance issue.

You aren't. The FBS UND would be a part of will not have the same standards as today's FBS. It will have to lower it's requirements to allow teams like 80 percent of the BSC in. And you will never spend the money on expanding Memorial Stadium for football. The hockey programs will need new locker rooms, or a private exclusive spa, or a private jet, etc. They would spend the money there first. 

You aren't. The FBS UND would be a part of will not have the same standards as today's FBS. It will have to lower it's requirements to allow teams like 80 percent of the BSC in. And you will never spend the money on expanding Memorial Stadium for football. The hockey programs will need new locker rooms, or a private exclusive spa, or a private jet, etc. They would spend the money there first. 

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/09/ncaa-should-stop-sun-belts-madness-of.html

Actually it looks like many think the Sunblah was just looking for a warm body. Good luck to them.

I think you're right, the BSC isn't going FBS.

hey, we got white Bison and a big man made like. It's not so bad.

I agree with this. The Sun Belt is the absolute bottom of the barrel in FBS. I think NDSU's 2013 team could have contended for the championship in that conference. I think FCS is the proper home for all four Dakota schools. The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence.

2013 NDSU runs train on that conference. 

• Upvote 1

If or when that happens there will be others looking at moving up not just your little BSC FBS dream scenario. No way in hell are even half the BSC teams in any situation to go FBS including UND. You seriously have some far out there ideas!

If or when that happens there will be others looking at moving up not just your little BSC FBS dream scenario. No way in hell are even half the BSC teams in any situation to go FBS including UND. You seriously have some far out there ideas!

If UND drops a couple sports, it won't be in a bad position to move itself to a second level of FBS.  Depending on what the conference would look like, it could do us a favor in regards to travel budget, attendance, etc. and be more of a money generator.  

Edited by homer

Please explain why?