SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Conference Commissioner Doug Fullerton Conversation

UND-FB-FAN

The biggest thing wrong with Schlossman's article is the lack of rivalry hasn't hurt NDSU at all. No one could have predicted the success of NDSU when moving up. 3 wins against the B12 - 2 against the B10 - 2 MAC wins and 4 NC's. I paid 70.00 per ticket for the Griz game this year (face value) does that make them our rival? Schlossman's logic would say yes.

What's that same ticket selling for Sept 19th?

What's that same ticket selling for Sept 19th?

60.00. FYI---season tickets didn't reflect that increase as tickets only went up like 5-10 bucks. All they did was re-monetize the individual games games. The increase will only be felt by those who buy single game tickets and the allotment to UND.

60.00. FYI---season tickets didn't reflect that increase as tickets only went up like 5-10 bucks. All they did was re-monetize the individual games games. The increase will only be felt by those who buy single game tickets and the allotment to UND.

I saw season tix went up $20.

60.00. FYI---season tickets didn't reflect that increase as tickets only went up like 5-10 bucks. All they did was re-monetize the individual games games. The increase will only be felt by those who buy single game tickets and the allotment to UND.

The article below says Griz sideline tickets went on sale last year for $45. So are you comparing the same tickets, is the article wrong or did Dan exaggerate his price to try and prove a point?

http://www.wday.com/content/bison-football-ticket-prices-sky-rocket-secondary-sites

Edit:

Never mind- I saw he was posting about this year and I read it wrong. He's trying to compare the ticket prices in Montana to the prices in Fargo. Whatever it takes to try and justify this game not being a big deal.

The article below says Griz sideline tickets went on sale last year for $45. So are you comparing the same tickets, is the article wrong or did Dan exaggerate his price to try and prove a point?

http://www.wday.com/content/bison-football-ticket-prices-sky-rocket-secondary-sites

Edit:

Never mind- I saw he was posting about this year and I read it wrong. He's trying to compare the ticket prices in Montana to the prices in Fargo. Whatever it takes to try and justify this game not being a big deal.

Never said the game wasn't a big deal. Don't know why you are trying to put words in my mouth?

Never said the game wasn't a big deal. Don't know why you are trying to put words in my mouth?

Never intended to put words your mouth. I was responding to Dans comment. Why compare ticket prices to Montana prices? Why not compare them to a "conference rival" that your fanbase loims forward to year in and year out.

It's the constant down play of this game by some of your fanbase that is amusing.

Never intended to put words your mouth. I was responding to Dans comment. Why compare ticket prices to Montana prices? Why not compare them to a "conference rival" that your fanbase loims forward to year in and year out.

It's the constant down play of this game by some of your fanbase that is amusing.

Ok gotcha.  I don't know why they try and down play it either because the dome will be rocking.

Ok gotcha.  I don't know why they try and down play it either because the dome will be rocking.

Yes, the dome will be rocking Sept 19th, just like it will be against UNI, South Dakota, Missouri State, etc. I did find it rather interesting that Montana is .charging $10 more per ticket for the NDSU game than for their big rival Montana State,. I guess Montana must not be so thrilled with the addition of their rival UND to the BSC. Apparently according to Schlossy and UND fans everything is about making money, and it looks like UND is not much of a draw, in fact their lowest priced ticket of the season.

Yes, the dome will be rocking Sept 19th, just like it will be against UNI, South Dakota, Missouri State, etc. I did find it rather interesting that Montana is .charging $10 more per ticket for the NDSU game than for their big rival Montana State,. I guess Montana must not be so thrilled with the addition of their rival UND to the BSC. Apparently according to Schlossy and UND fans everything is about making money, and it looks like UND is not much of a draw, in fact their lowest priced ticket of the season.

If you have never been to a NDSU-UND football game you know not of what you speak. Did you say MO. State? LOL

The dome will be rocking against South Dakota? We are talking about the Coyotes a team that hasn't won in Fargo in who knows when right? Also maybe being on ESPN is another reason to jack up the prices along with playing the reigning FCS Champion. With the recent success UND has had in DI "not much of a draw" is no surprise to any UND fan. We aren't a "hot" ticket except in Fargo.

What is the nature of the subdivision talk?

Fullerton puffed a lot of smoke to keep his commish job and Montana "fans" happy and is content they and SiouxVolley fell for it.

Colter Nuanez ‏@Bobcat_Beat 1h1 hour ago

Fullerton confident with Big Sky's place among college conferences. Says he's glad some members didn't chase FBS dreams #BigSkyKickoff

• Upvote 1

Fullerton puffed a lot of smoke to keep his commish job and Montana "fans" happy and is content they and SiouxVolley fell for it.

Fullerton confident with Big Sky's place among college conferences. Says he's glad some members didn't chase FBS dreams #BigSkyKickoff

Have said the upper Big Sky wouldn't go FBS until the 2018 season.

This quote doesn't mean a thing, but in your and others ignorance you seem to think it's the final word. Fullerton didnt want the Montanas to move to the WAC in 2010 or 2011 and they didnt. Thats what he was referring to. Fullerton also said he'd welcome Idaho football. Since when has Idaho said it moving to FCS? Answer: Never. All his talk that he made in Ogden has double meanings, as Weber St etc don't want to hear what's coming down. You and others are just hearing things that fit your motives and assigning them meanings that aren't there.

I'd say if all the BigSky schools, including Idaho have a home after a split/shakeup happens, he did his job.

• 2 weeks later...

https://mobile.twitter.com/McMurphyESPN/status/627140407927963649

So the B1G won't officially schedule FCS teams after 2016. Must mean their is officially a way for FCS teas to go FBS. Western B1G teams and even Rutgers and Maryland don't have much benefit in playing the MAC schools, as it's a Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois based conference.

Have said the upper Big Sky wouldn't go FBS until the 2018 season.

This quote doesn't mean a thing, but in your and others ignorance you seem to think it's the final word. Fullerton didnt want the Montanas to move to the WAC in 2010 or 2011 and they didnt. Thats what he was referring to. Fullerton also said he'd welcome Idaho football. Since when has Idaho said it moving to FCS? Answer: Never. All his talk that he made in Ogden has double meanings, as Weber St etc don't want to hear what's coming down. You and others are just hearing things that fit your motives and assigning them meanings that aren't there.

You better hope they take more than the upper half of the BSC to the FBS.

LOL LOL

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports/college/big-south/coastal-carolina-university/article29775115.html

Looks like Coastal Carolina will be a new member of the Sun Belt conference, moving there next year, and moving to FBS in 2018.  Coastal doesn't even have 10k undergrads, was only started in 1954 as a JC, became a 4yr school in 1993, and has less than $30 mill endowment, and they can go FBS?

Coastal's stadium only seat 9200, and there is tentative plans to go bigger, and it's academics is on par with St Cloud St.  Tell me why again that the upper Big Sky is not FBS material.

Edited by SiouxVolley
  • Upvote 1

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports/college/big-south/coastal-carolina-university/article29775115.html

Looks like Coastal Carolina will be a new member of the Sun Belt conference, moving there next year, and moving to FBS in 2018.  Coastal doesn't even have 10k undergrads, was only started in 1954 as a JC, became a 4yr school in 1993, and has less than $30 mill endowment, and they can go FBS?

Coastal's stadium only seat 9200, and there is tentative plans to go bigger, and it's academics is on par with St Cloud St.  Tell me why again that the upper Big Sky is not FBS material.

Interesting article. But no where in that article did they say they WILL be moving up. Its all talk right now. Nice try.

Interesting article. But no where in that article did they say they WILL be moving up. Its all talk right now. Nice try.

The Sun Belt board says they are the pick over EKU.  The Commish is visiting there this month and a bowl game is possible an hour down the road in Charleston.