SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Sports TV Options

siouxfan512

34 minutes ago, streetsahead said:

Does iOS support casting from a browser though? In my experience, it has not and you need to cast from apps (Netflix, Youtube, etc.).  On Android, casting from Chrome works fine.

Don't know, I avoid the Apple ecosystem.  Google searching suggests the browser can't be cast on iOS.

• 1 month later...

This was the first relevant thread I came across, so I thought I'd post here.  After the tough Wild loss, today, I was going to put on the title game from 2016 only to find out it was removed from Youtube???  Anyone have any idea why?  The Northeastern game is still up.  I just want to be brought back down memory lane a bit.

13 minutes ago, George M. Bluth said:

This was the first relevant thread I came across, so I thought I'd post here.  After the tough Wild loss, today, I was going to put on the title game from 2016 only to find out it was removed from Youtube???  Anyone have any idea why?  The Northeastern game is still up.  I just want to be brought back down memory lane a bit.

@George M. Bluth Here you go. Looks like the original uploader channel got shut down but they're back up now under a different name. Looks like they're in the midst of re-adding everything.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, southpaw said:

The NCHC is working to upgrade their package with Neulion.  It will include native apps for both Apple and Android mobile devices.  Streaming to your TV will also be a big improvement for mobile devices.  Think of something similar to the BTN2Go app.

Any idea if they plan on developing an app for FireOS? It's an android-based OS, so don't know how easy/hard it'd be?

18 hours ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Any idea if they plan on developing an app for FireOS? It's an android-based OS, so don't know how easy/hard it'd be?

I'll have to ask, but you can access the Google Play store via devices with FireOS so I'd imagine it will work just like all of the other Google Play apps.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, southpaw said:

I'll have to ask, but you can access the Google Play store via devices with FireOS so I'd imagine it will work just like all of the other Google Play apps.

Fire OS, though built on Android, is Amazon's own little toy, so they want full control over it. They take out all of the google services off the Fire OS I believe. There is a pretty easy way to install those onto a Fire OS device, but Amazon tries to keep it within their own little eco system. It might work if Neulion submitted the android app to the amazon app store...I have no clue how that specifically works, though.

On 5/6/2017 at 6:58 PM, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Hopefully they address the delay. 5 minutes behind on the Roku app. If it's like that on the android/ios app there's no reason to use that over the website. Chromecast from the website was only a minute or two delayed.

That is a Roku issue.  Any live sporting event you watch on a Roku is delayed significantly.

2 hours ago, nodakvindy said:

I've not had that problem with MLB.tv, watch ESPN or NBC Sports apps.  NCHC is a noticeable lag.

Interesting...I use the Roku and am fine with the delay as it very rarely will buffer.  However, if they can improve the delay, it would be much better as I get a lot of text messages throughout the game from friends and family with updates on things I have not seen yet. :)

• 1 month later...

Got some good news. I finally found a way to watch CBS Sports online for the masses. Youtube TV has CBS Sports. Free 30 day trial. $35 a month. 

Only available in five cities right now. Not sure if it'll be available in GF by the hockey season. 

But it works anywhere with a GPS spoofer right now. :)

6 hours ago, Cratter said:

Got some good news. I finally found a way to watch CBS Sports online for the masses. Youtube TV has CBS Sports. Free 30 day trial. $35 a month. 

Only available in five cities right now. Not sure if it'll be available in GF by the hockey season. 

Is one of the 5 cities Fargo? :lol:

2 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Don't know about you all, but this MacGyver-stuff is EXACTLY how I like to settle in and watch TV.  One step removed from straining to see blurry green boobs on an old-school satellite dish.

Been macGyvering all my life so it's second nature :) . And only takes a one time download from the Google play store.

6 hours ago, Cratter said:

Hulu also rolled out it's own online live TV streaming service which includes CBS Sports Network to compete against similar services such as Sling TV.

Link: https://www.hulu.com/live-tv

I'm going to look into switching to this once my agreement with Dish is up. Don't want to pay the penalties on leaving early.

• Upvote 1

Bemidji State home games will not be on Lakeland Public Television this year.  Unless you are in Bemidji and can get KBSU, the student run TV station, with your cable provider, WCHA.tv will be the only option.

http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/sports/beavers/4283660-mens-hockey-lakeland-will-not-air-beaver-games-2017-18

1 hour ago, Millsy said:

Bemidji State home games will not be on Lakeland Public Television this year.  Unless you are in Bemidji and can get KBSU, the student run TV station, with your cable provider, WCHA.tv will be the only option.

http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/sports/beavers/4283660-mens-hockey-lakeland-will-not-air-beaver-games-2017-18

Sad deal I enjoyed watching their games OTA. Will miss these ones too:/

• Upvote 1