SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Sports TV Options

siouxfan512

6 minutes ago, Washburn Sioux said:

If a person purchases a one month pass on NCHC.tv, is it good for a calendar month or 30 days?

Thanks, Ron

I'm billed monthly on the 18th, so it's not like if you purchased it today it would only be good through the end of the month. (Because that'd be a rip off lol) 

I would guess if you bought it today it'd be good until the 27th of February.

The steady cam shots of the scoreboard during intermissions are high quality. But introduce any motion to the video and there is significant tearing and pixelation. Either they have the wrong camera, or the wrong codec. It's not like streaming video is cutting edge technology. Hell, an iPhone and periscope would be a better option than this.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

Everyone blames NCHCTV for the quality of game broadcasts. NCHCtv doesnt have broadcast crews or camera crews. They simply take the feeds from the different schools and make them available through their website. CC has always sucked. At least we didn't have to endure the floating tiger head.

Tomorrows game is picked up by ASN....in MSP it's on channel 812 (Comcast) and in Forks it's on 598 (Midco).

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

I bought the month package last weekend...figured 8 games for $18.95 was pretty good even though the quality of tonite's picture was mediocre at best.

I'm mainly talking about the CC broadcasts.....the rest have been pretty good.

3 minutes ago, Sodbuster said:

I'm mainly talking about the CC broadcasts.....the rest have been pretty good.

Yeah, it was pretty bad...I run it through my Roku so it doesn't buffer but they basically sync their radio broadcast with the webcast.  The picture was SD except during intermission when they just did still shots of the scoreboard.  At least I got to see them win. :)

31 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

The CC announcers were tough to listen to...that and going to commercial every 4 minutes.

I remembered how bad they were last year so I muted it right away haha.

I wish the NCHC could figure out how to get it so you could select home or away radio announcers when you play the webcast. I've watched a few USHL games a while back where you picked home or away for the stream.  

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I wish the NCHC could figure out how to get it so you could select home or away radio announcers when you play the webcast. I've watched a few USHL games a while back where you picked home or away for the stream.  

the NHL app allows you to pick home or away announcers so it can't be that difficult...

9 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

Boy, that would be sweet!

15 hours ago, runaroundsioux said:

Everyone blames NCHCTV for the quality of game broadcasts. NCHCtv doesnt have broadcast crews or camera crews. They simply take the feeds from the different schools and make them available through their website. CC has always sucked. At least we didn't have to endure the floating tiger head.

What is this "floating tiger head" you speak of???

29 minutes ago, DB Cooper said:

Any local establishments in GF pick up the NCHC.tv stream for tonights game? Thanks in advance!

American Sports Network is picking up the game thus meaning tonight's game is on KMCY-DT3 which is normally the WDAY'Z weather channel on Midco Cable. 

It's channel 59x depending where you are (Fargo is 596, GF I think is 594 or 593).