SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Sports TV Options

siouxfan512

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

American Sports Network is picking up the game thus meaning tonight's game is on KMCY-DT3 which is normally the WDAY'Z weather channel on Midco Cable. 

It's channel 59x depending where you are (Fargo is 596, GF I think is 594 or 593). 

596 here in Mayville on MIDCO, which I think is the same as GF.

I think your new Summit/MVFC set-up will provide much better TV than the Big Sky.  Seems like the Big Sky was non-existence on TV and ESPN3 broadcast much better than whatever digital stuff the Big Sky had.  I think MVFC requires the league members to upgrade equipment and produce all their home games on ESPN3.   MVFC also has some agreements with the local regional sports networks like Comcast Sports Chicago and Fox Midwest, etc.

On 1/28/2017 at 5:09 PM, Goon said:

Their broadcasts are top notch comparable with CBSSN, I wish more of UND's away games were on ASN. The CBS crew is better though. 

Which is why Midco should add ASN to their channel line-up. Maybe all of us should e-mail them and tell them we would like to have this network. They have a lot of college hockey, from what I have seen in their promos.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, #MACtion said:

I think your new Summit/MVFC set-up will provide much better TV than the Big Sky.  Seems like the Big Sky was non-existence on TV and ESPN3 broadcast much better than whatever digital stuff the Big Sky had.  I think MVFC requires the league members to upgrade equipment and produce all their home games on ESPN3.   MVFC also has some agreements with the local regional sports networks like Comcast Sports Chicago and Fox Midwest, etc.

I can tell you that I watched BSC football on the BSC AP and the coverage was fabulous. The only bad broadcast was the last game on the road that UND played. It's was much better than CC and Western Michigans webcasts. 

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Which is why Midco should add ASN to their channel line-up. Maybe all of us should e-mail them and tell them we would like to have this network. They have a lot of college hockey, from what I have seen in their promos.

Midco can't add an ASN channel because there isn't one.  ASN is a sports-production group that offers up their content to different channels throughout the country.  Midco has picked up some of the ASN games in the past and should have this year but the cable company side of Midco screwed up.

Send some emails to Midco to ask them to pick up any future ASN games.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

NCHC has a "rest of the year" package right now for 35. Without looking back at this entire thread, one of the UND games at WMU is on CBSSports. Does that mean it won't be on NCHC.tv? How many more road games will be on nchc.tv (WMU, Miami, and maybe the Target Center games?).

27 minutes ago, sprig said:

NCHC has a "rest of the year" package right now for 35. Without looking back at this entire thread, one of the UND games at WMU is on CBSSports. Does that mean it won't be on NCHC.tv? How many more road games will be on nchc.tv (WMU, Miami, and maybe the Target Center games?).

Games on CBSSports are NOT shown on NCHC.tv.

4 hours ago, sprig said:

Every regular season game except for the Friday at WMU will be on Nchc.tv. As will the first round of the playoffs and only the third place game at the frozen faceoff. 

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Big Green said:

Which is better for und sports watching roku or fire stick?  Can you get watch big sky or nchc.tv on either? Or both.  Thanks for your  help?

Their Roku app sucks. Lengthy delay of 5+ minutes.

They finally got their Chromecast interface working reliably in the last month. That's the way to go. 

Roku app works great, but, as Alpha said, is behind- 3 minutes behind the radio stream on iheart last weekend. no doubt more than that behind the live action. Doesn't make a difference to me, but seems to for those following along here in the game thread. I regularly use roku for amazon prime movies and tv shows, an it works great.

Didn't know chromecast had the app, will have to try that sometime as I have one, but stopped using it since other streams I tried on it skipped so badly.

32 minutes ago, sprig said:

Roku app works great, but, as Alpha said, is behind- 3 minutes behind the radio stream on iheart last weekend. no doubt more than that behind the live action. Doesn't make a difference to me, but seems to for those following along here in the game thread. I regularly use roku for amazon prime movies and tv shows, an it works great.

Didn't know chromecast had the app, will have to try that sometime as I have one, but stopped using it since other streams I tried on it skipped so badly.

Yes, NCHC app on Roku is consistently a few minutes slow. Which I could care less about, unless I habitually look at my twitter account and see an update.

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Their Roku app sucks. Lengthy delay of 5+ minutes.

They finally got their Chromecast interface working reliably in the last month. That's the way to go. 

All Roku apps that feature live events are delayed. The NCHC was looking into getting that issue resolved but I'm not sure much can be done aside from lessening the delay. I watch NHL games on Roku and have the same problem. 

My problem with the delay is the CHN app updating me with goals before I see them. Didn't realize it was the case for all live events but it makes sense. Always happened with playoff games on ESPN in the past. 

Chromecast doesn't require an app. Just sign into nchc.tv on phone or computer and once it's set up the ability to cast only requires clicking the icon in your browser.

4 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

My problem with the delay is the CHN app updating me with goals before I see them. Didn't realize it was the case for all live events but it makes sense. Always happened with playoff games on ESPN in the past. 

Chromecast doesn't require an app. Just sign into nchc.tv on phone or computer and once it's set up the ability to cast only requires clicking the icon in your browser.

Does iOS support casting from a browser though? In my experience, it has not and you need to cast from apps (Netflix, Youtube, etc.).  On Android, casting from Chrome works fine.