SiouxSports.com Forum

Hockey Assistant Job Posted

The Sicatoka

I'm sure Minnesota fans would have loved to see Mario Lucia in a gophers uniform even with the issues that could arise with the Father/Son relationship.  I think it is the same here.  True, the perception is quite different about favorites or what not, but I think fans question who is in the lineup and what roles they play regardless, as do players, I'm sure.  I think Hayden Shaw has the potential to be a great player, just like Troy Stecher, because they both have dad's that are coaches, and when a player with ability has the bonus to think the game like a coach, you can often times get an elite player. 

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/3763786-und-mens-hockey-matt-shaw-applies-assistant-position

North Dakota is looking for someone to coach the power play and manage the defensemen during games.

Shaw coached the power play for the Sharks for three seasons from 2009-12. They finished in the top four in the NHL for each of those seasons, the only team in the league to achieve that feat.

I like the sounds of that.

I can't even remember ever having a great power play

No doubt.

I seem to recall the Frattin/Trupp/Malone senior year having a pretty decent PP, but they were pretty good in all facets of the game that year.  But that was a long time ago now.

Hopefully Shaw can bring in some new energy and a different look for the PP.  We certainly have the players that can set it up (NSchmaltz) and hopefully bang it home (Boeser/Cags/LJ).

Don't like it

I think we should be #undproud and hire someone that bleeds green

who are we going to get that bleeds green that wants to be an assistant? there is no one in the UND family that I would take over shaw (except Wilson). you have complained over the years that Hak couldn't get it done and now they have a chance to go outside the box and get someone that has a lot of experience, the last time UND went outside the "family", look what happened!

are you still bitter that the gobc didn't know about hak leaving?

Everyone at Und dept tweets #undproud

Maybe we are #ccproud too?

Not sure we can trust you or the %gobc any more.  Didn't know the head coach was leaving, was wrong on the new head coach, wrong on the new assistant coach and wrong that Schmaltz was going to stick around when Berry was named head coach.  That's a lot of time spent behind the 8 ball...

Pp lammy is going to be the assistant

Big mistake but bubs wants him

Hrkac or palmiscnio