SiouxSports.com Forum

Dave Hakstol Leaving to Coach NHL Philadelphia Flyers

Ray77

Berry bringing back the "Sioux" sweaters for his inagural season as HC?

More Dippin' Dot flavors at the Ralph?

Jordan coming back?

Hak coming back?

BF leaving?

Kelley leaving?

Tell me...tell me!

Any or all of these things?

If true, one would have to guess it was around $700,000 per year based on other NHL head coaches (this is a really conservative amount).  I really hope it's not true, for the sake of other UND athletics programs.

My thoughts exactly.

If it is true BF has some explaining to do

You are under the assumption BF is aware that the other programs on campus matter.  Or cares about them as much as hockey.  

Auston Mathews coming in the fall.

I can dream, right?

I'm kind of surprised we haven't heard anything about Auston Matthews. Saw the report that he signed in the swiss league, then he didn't. Really wondering what he is waiting on? I know there are options to weigh, but I would think he would do something pretty soon.

*Dream* - Could he be holding out to see if accelerating is education is possible?

Umm that's good news isn't it?

Tourney announced and schedule set in stone

Yes, things that Schlossman already reported months ago is clearly good news.  Good effort though.  If you would have actually known, you would have downplayed it since it really isn't a big deal.  Thought you had one this time though!

This "good news" is like me going to get my yearly physical and my Doc tells me "Well you still have 2 nuts...see you in a year".

HAHAHA exactly! The legend of gfhockey continues it's sharp decent. Been a rough two days for ya bubb.

As Dave no longer answers to the NCAA, it would be awesome to see him wear a sioux head lapel pin during games or something like that. I know he won't, but that would be pretty cool.

It would be like a big middle finger to the NCAA, which I'm sure Dave would NEVER do. :)

• Upvote 2

That's good news we didn't end up losing any scheduled games

why would we have lost any scheduled games? you are really grasping for anything at this point. you and the rest of the "GOBC" had no idea Hak was leaving and now you are trying to save face.....