SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

11 hours ago, iluvdebbies said:

....and their win tonight trimmed our lead over BC in the pairwise a bit.

Maybe I'm dense -- how does that work? If we lost to Denver, and they keep winning, doesn't that make it a 'better' loss, or 'better' losses (improving our SOS)? Can we get Mark Wilson from Tennessee Tech to shed some light on this?

Joking aside, how does the PWR work in this instance?

6 minutes ago, ClassB said:

Maybe I'm dense -- how does that work? If we lost to Denver, and they keep winning, doesn't that make it a 'better' loss, or 'better' losses (improving our SOS)? Can we get Mark Wilson from Tennessee Tech to shed some light on this?

I think since BC has a winning record against Denver this year and we have split, it probably helped BC more. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Goon said:

I think I would rather have an colonoscopy than cheer for Denver or SCSU. 

Yup.  Current anesthesiology procedures are designed to make you forget what you experienced with a colonoscopy.   You would never forget cheering for those two. 

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 10:42 AM, ClassB said:

God forbid, plesae, it's not the same jokers who run the FCS playoff selections...!