SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

6 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Ohio State has to be the laziest team I've seen, less then a minute and costing to loose pucks.

Good spurt to get that tie goal but yes OSU is awefull.....

Their Defense seems very Squirt B like as both D men bite to the puck carrier and leave the backdoor open

5 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Good spurt to get that tie goal but yes OSU is awefull.....

Their Defense seems very Squirt B like as both D men bite to the puck carrier and leave the backdoor open

Which tells you how mediocre Minnesota is. They should be able to beat Ohio State with ease yet all the games they've played against them this season have been close wins that required OT.

58 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Wow Mankato, I've never seen a team do this.

https://twitter.com/UAHChargers

7 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Interesting. I've been wondering when something like that would finally happen. 

In 1980, at old Williams (Mariucci) Arena, the Gophers did the same thing ... centering pass that missed everyone.   But - it hit the post.   Sioux were up 3 at the time so it didn't influence but it was a great moment to be in the stands.  

But athletic director Barry Alvarez downplayed the men's hockey ticket sales downturn in comparison to higher revenue-producing sports football and men's basketball.

"You don't like for it to happen, but hockey is not going to make or break us," Alvarez said. "We don't like that, obviously. We're not satisfied with that. But we've got to keep that big stadium (Camp Randall) full and we've got to keep the Kohl Center full" for men's basketball.

Can you imagine if Brian Faison said that about football or basketball at UND? I almost feel sorry for Bucky hockey.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, runaroundsioux said:

But athletic director Barry Alvarez downplayed the men's hockey ticket sales downturn in comparison to higher revenue-producing sports football and men's basketball.

"You don't like for it to happen, but hockey is not going to make or break us," Alvarez said. "We don't like that, obviously. We're not satisfied with that. But we've got to keep that big stadium (Camp Randall) full and we've got to keep the Kohl Center full" for men's basketball.

Can you imagine if Brian Faison said that about football or basketball at UND? I almost feel sorry for Bucky hockey.

I would be pissed if I was a fan of any of Wisconsin's programs. He basically said he doesn't care that they have lost something like 4,000 season tickets in the past 2 years. What does a season ticket cost? $1000? So he doesn't care about the $400,000/season he has lost in revenue due to not caring about hockey. Bo Ryan doesn't like him either, right? And they lose football coaches every year because of him. Sounds like a bad AD to me.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, runaroundsioux said:

QU loses to St. Lawrence in OT. Beats Clarkson in OT.Two powerhouses. Over-rated?

They definitely haven't been playing too well since Christmas. 7 overtime games in their last 10 games. They've only lost one of them but that many OT games is definitely not a recipe for success since OT games are pretty much 50-50.