SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

1 minute ago, 808287 said:

?

A St. Cloud loss would have flipped us over them in the PWR, methinks.     

Maybe, but SCSU going 2-0 this weekend helps solidify UND's PWR. Flipping with SCSU doesn't do much in the grand scheme of things as its usually the difference of playing the 13th vs the 15th teams. I'd say staying in the top 4, and not having to play a top 4 team possibly in the regional is more important. 

10 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Maybe, but SCSU going 2-0 this weekend helps solidify UND's PWR. Flipping with SCSU doesn't do much in the grand scheme of things as its usually the difference of playing the 13th vs the 15th teams. I'd say staying in the top 4, and not having to play a top 4 team possibly in the regional is more important. 

Higher seed might get the West Regional home ice.  It would be nice to skate the regional at the Xcel center.

8 minutes ago, 808287 said:

Higher seed might get the West Regional home ice.  It would be nice to skate the regional at the Xcel center.

Yup. 

I'd probably take my chances in Cincinnati where Miami probably won't be in the tournament thus not having an actual home team.

Vs a potentially packed X full of Gopher fans. UND vs Minnesota at the X for a potential spot in Tampa would be fun though.

(Gophers and Michigan are tied for first in the Big Ten. The Big Ten tournament is in St. Paul this year. Thus the Gophers not having to leave the state of Minnesota til the Frozen Four.)

1 minute ago, Cratter said:

Yup. 

I'd probably take my chances in Cincinnati where Miami probably won't be in the tournament thus not having an actual home team.

Vs a potentially packed X full of Gopher fans. UND vs Minnesota at the X for a potential spot in Tampa would be fun though...

You think the atmosphere would hurt our chances? When was the last time gopher players have played in front of more than 1000 people? I'd bet there would be a ton of green.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Yup. 

Vs a potentially packed X full of Gopher fans. UND vs Minnesota at the X for a potential spot in Tampa would be fun though...(Gophers currently have the highest winning percentage in the Big Ten I believe. They'd have to get past Michigan, which seems to be playing pretty good though.)

I would love to lay a beat-down on the Gophers, I miss playing them. #damnbigten, #damnpennstatewealthyalum

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Yup. 

Vs a potentially packed X full of Gopher fans. UND vs Minnesota at the X for a potential spot in Tampa would be fun though.

(Gophers and Michigan are tied for first in the Big Ten. The Big Ten tournament is in St. Paul this year. Thus the Gophers not having to leave the state of Minnesota til the Frozen Four.)

UND will go out East and Michigan will be in Cincinnati.

Lots of Hockey east teams in the middle so that would be interesting.  I think that the chances of UND being in St paul are small unless SCSU tanks or we beat them in the Frozen Faceoff but the chances of Michigan being a number one seed are small. So would you rather play Minnesota in St Paul or Michigan in Cinny? 

FYI, Harvard plays BC tomorrow. Should be a good game.

Harvard still plays: Yale, Rensselaer, and Cornell, and possibly BU, who are all top 16 in Pairwise.

Michigan on the other hand doesn't play anyone left in the top 16 with an average schedule remaining Pairwise of 33.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 4:52 AM, burd said:

We all love Deano for the kind of guy he is and what he did for North Dakota (Minot included), but what has happened with him in Omaha over the years and with Sandy in Daloot show just how silly the "bring Dean back" or "get Sandy" cries were.    Both good coaches their programs are fortunate to have, but not magic wands. 

sandelin won a natty. He's just fine. He's rolled out solid teams.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Harvard could bump Michigan at 4. And Q and Harvard could stay in the East, with Michigan and UND playing in Cincinnati. 

Who knows at this point, lots of hockey left. 

As of right now Michigan is a 1 seed, but yes there is still hockey to be played.

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

He's done pretty well ever since the Bulldogs moved out of the DECC and into AMSOIL Arena. 

14 wins in 2012-2013...

16 wins in 2013-2014...

9 wins so far this season...

Yea, Sandelin's really slayin' it at Amsoil, isn't he?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

14 wins in 2012-2013...

16 wins in 2013-2014...

9 wins so far this season...

Yea, Sandelin's really slayin' it at Amsoil, isn't he?

I don't understand their struggles this year. They have talent; I hope they don't figure it out in March.

Btw, you skipped 2014-15. And 2010-11.....we know what happened that year.

2 hours ago, johnsowe said:

Lots of Hockey east teams in the middle so that would be interesting.  I think that the chances of UND being in St paul are small unless SCSU tanks or we beat them in the Frozen Faceoff but the chances of Michigan being a number one seed are small. So would you rather play Minnesota in St Paul or Michigan in Cinny? 

there will be only one team from the big ten that makes it and it sure as heck isn't going to be minnesota...

• Upvote 1