SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

11 hours ago, Jags said:

It's not KFANs responsibility to talk about a team in another state, let alone a team that everyone who is a UND fan hates. To expect some sort of praise or to be mentioned in the paper is absurd. There is a reason why it's called the Star Tribune, it's a MN based newspaper company. It doesn't matter how many UND fans live in the TC, because UND is not MN. If you don't like it, don't listen. I guess the point I'm trying to make is, it's your choice to live in the TC, but don't expect anything other than MN talk. 

St Cloud State and UMD were both eliminated AFTER last weekend's show.  I expected more than three seconds of time (literally, not figuratively, either) spent talking about last weekend's regional games.  I never said anything about heaping praise on UND - some discussion on last weekend's regional - SCSU's performance in particular - would have surely been expected, no?  

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

no

It was meant to be a conversation starter as someone posted Schmaltz was better than the CCM line.  Based on the one game they were on the ice at the same time, Schmaltz was the best of the 4 in my humble opinion.  And when you look at the individual stats, Cam had a better year against tougher competition than Hobey finalist Demko.

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 11:18 PM, snova4 said:

Schmaltz, Boeser, Stecher, Ausmus and Ladue have so much fun, they all come back to do it again.:silly:

I don't know how many Sioux fans even care anymore, but I'm glad to see the strides that UW is making with their program.  Wisconsin fans have their hopes and expectations back, and that should be good for our rivalry.  I know we are in different conferences now, but we still play each other, and the B1G/NCHC rivalry should build.

1 hour ago, burd said:

I don't know how many Sioux fans even care anymore, but I'm glad to see the strides that UW is making with their program.  Wisconsin fans have their hopes and expectations back, and that should be good for our rivalry.  I know we are in different conferences now, but we still play each other, and the B1G/NCHC rivalry should build.

Agreed.  I hate Wisconsin, but I was pretty excited about the coaching coup they pulled off.  It's good for college hockey as a whole for that program to be at least somewhat successful.

7 hours ago, Jags said:

I completely understand where you are coming from about how there are lots of UND fans in MN. But it's not like UND fans outweigh the amount of Gopher fans. I was simply stating that majority of people in MN don't want to hear an hour of college hockey talk when their teams have already been eliminated.:)

From the looks of the Big 10 hockey tournament, either Gopher fans have disappeared or went into hibernation. Within five years they might become an extinct species.  Only talked about in folk tales.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, keikla said:

Agreed.  I hate Wisconsin, but I was pretty excited about the coaching coup they pulled off.  It's good for college hockey as a whole for that program to be at least somewhat successful.

+1. As much fun as Wisconsins demise was, college hockey will be better when they are back up top.

19 hours ago, Jags said:

It's not KFANs responsibility to talk about a team in another state, let alone a team that everyone who is a UND fan hates. To expect some sort of praise or to be mentioned in the paper is absurd. There is a reason why it's called the Star Tribune, it's a MN based newspaper company. It doesn't matter how many UND fans live in the TC, because UND is not MN. If you don't like it, don't listen. I guess the point I'm trying to make is, it's your choice to live in the TC, but don't expect anything other than MN talk. 

Then why have it on any station but KFAN 100.3 FM out of Minneapolis? Just have it on the local flagship station. I know they desperately want the Gophers to become the region's choice when it comes to which team to support, but that isn't going to happen with regard to hockey.

26 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Looks like Red is coming back to Michigan for a 33rd season.

Yea. Personally - I'm not so sure thats the best thing for them in the long run. Rumor I heard thrown around is that they wanted Mel Pearson but he either wasn't able or willing to move so Red is around another year. 

8 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Then why have it on any station but KFAN 100.3 FM out of Minneapolis? Just have it on the local flagship station. I know they desperately want the Gophers to become the region's choice when it comes to which team to support, but that isn't going to happen with regard to hockey.

I'm not really sure what your getting at here. If you would, please reiterate.

19 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

If "Beyond the Pond" is going to be a show 100% about the "State of Hockey", then just have it on the local flagship station and let the affiliates run something else.

The affiliates are free to run whatever they want. They choose to run Beyond the Pond. Not every affiliate runs the same thing. The best example is that 740 the Fan out of Fargo runs a local hour at noon Monday through Friday with Jack Michaels while the network has the first hour of Common Man.

1 hour ago, NoDakFan said:

Yea. Personally - I'm not so sure thats the best thing for them in the long run. Rumor I heard thrown around is that they wanted Mel Pearson but he either wasn't able or willing to move so Red is around another year. 

I agree with you that Red needs to call it quits.

21 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

and Gopher apologists please tell us again how they weren't competitive because they had 10 freshmen on their roster - but conveniently forget that UND has 11 freshmen on our roster.  You just have the wrong freshman.

Orrrrrrrr...........The wrong coach.

• Upvote 1

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 7:39 PM, Siouxperman8 said:

You are wrong. There are a ton of UND grads and UND hockey supporters in the TC including me.  Not all of those fans that show up for games in the TC come from GF. 

I listened for a while today but turned it off. 

They avoid most things that are positive about UND.  Check the Trib when NHL'ers are mentioned.  If it is a former gopher they print that.  If it is a former UND player they write about their HS affiliation or say nothing  

Exactly, hell that's why with the WCHA Final 5 Xcel was near full every year cus UND was in it (1/3 to 1/2 the crowd with a ton of them being resident's in TC). 

21 hours ago, Cratter said:

No wonder nobody listens.

You would think a major metropolitan area radio show (that's syndicated outside the state lines of Min thus there are listeners residing outside the TC)) and newspaper would dare venture maybe 3 miles west of the state line, my God.  It's not about "praising" UND hockey (they talk about U Min hockey and there's nothing there to praise lately), it's about being the so called "state of hockey" and talking college hockey in general but I guess no plugs for the Sioux.

4 hours ago, 82SiouxGuy said:

The affiliates are free to run whatever they want. They choose to run Beyond the Pond. Not every affiliate runs the same thing. The best example is that 740 the Fan out of Fargo runs a local hour at noon Monday through Friday with Jack Michaels while the network has the first hour of Common Man.

I am aware of that. I was simply telling Rodent boy that the Gophers are not the Center of the Midwest Hockey Universe like they think they are and that there are teams outside of the Land of 10,000 Excuses.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I am aware of that. I was simply telling Rodent boy that the Gophers are not the Center of the Midwest Hockey Universe like they think they are and that there are teams outside of the Land of 10,000 Excuses.

KFAN is a MInneapolis radio station. They are going to cater to a Minneapolis-St. Paul audience, which means a University of Minnesota audience. The Gophers are the center of the local audience that KFAN caters to, so expecting them to do something different is short sighted at best. KFAN affiliates are just along for the ride because it would be very difficult from a financial standpoint to set up completely local radio stations in any of the affiliate cities.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, 82SiouxGuy said:

KFAN is a MInneapolis radio station. They are going to cater to a Minneapolis-St. Paul audience, which means a University of Minnesota audience. The Gophers are the center of the local audience that KFAN caters to, so expecting them to do something different is short sighted at best. KFAN affiliates are just along for the ride because it would be very difficult from a financial standpoint to set up completely local radio stations in any of the affiliate cities.

I am aware of those things as well. But Rodent boy should understand that he won't find a friendly audience for his viewpoints on a UND Discussion Forum. And there will be push-back. And that is what I was doing. Any questions?

• Upvote 1