SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

2 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

How the hell did they not call that trip?!

Because it was away from the pl ...   Uh, because it wasn't on a scoring chan ...

If that non-call had gone against UND, there would be a 200-post thread here on it.

11 hours ago, farce poobah said:

I think Quinnipiac has enough speed and skill to keep up with BC.   Difference is BC has a lot of experience at the Frozen Four, and all its distractions.

QU played Yale in the final the year Yale won, so while they haven't been there as often, QU has been there recently.

11 hours ago, GDPritch said:

How the hell did they not call that trip?!

Absolutely blatant trip on a legit scoring chance.  I was yelling at my computer quite a bit after that one.  Definitely a turning point in the game, as Ferris had some good pressure up to that point.

19 minutes ago, keikla said:

QU played Yale in the final the year Yale won, so while they haven't been there as often, QU has been there recently.

Absolutely blatant trip on a legit scoring chance.  I was yelling at my computer quite a bit after that one.  Definitely a turning point in the game, as Ferris had some good pressure up to that point.

If we're thinking of the same trip, it looked to me like the FSU player tripped over his own feet.

On 3/27/2016 at 0:24 AM, UNDBIZ said:

Conference tourney records to date:

1 B1G - 1-1 (done) - 1 win vs HE

1 WCHA - 1-1 (done) - 1 win vs NCHC

1 AHA - 0-1 (done) 

3 ECAC - 2-2 (1 FF) - 1 win vs AHA, 1 win vs HE

4 NCHC - 5-2 (2 FF) - 3 wins vs HE, 1 win vs B1G, 1 win vs WCHA

6 HE - 3-5 (1 FF) - 2 wins vs ECAC, 1 win vs NCHC

Updated

On 3/27/2016 at 9:26 PM, UNDBIZ said:

Mascot battle:

Bulldogs (Duloot, Ferris, Yale) - 2-3

Other dogs (N'Eastern, SCSU, BU) - 0-3

Birds (UND, BC, UML) - 5-1

Cats (QU, RIT) - 2-1

Humans (DU, ND, Providence) - 2-2

Other (UM, Harvard) - 1-2

Birds are looking good. Even better if you count Denver's jelly donut as a bird. 

Updated

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

If we're thinking of the same trip, it looked to me like the FSU player tripped over his own feet.

He was leaning forward and looked unbalanced, but when they showed the up close replay, the DU player clearly used his stick to take him out.

As much as I was not a fan of Jutting as hc in Mankato, I agree that it seems drastic. They were a pretty young team this year. They had one decent line, and then not much else. The second half collapse was pretty epic, but I doubt many expected them to win the league either.

9 hours ago, cberkas said:

Michigan State is keeping Anastos as the head coach.

Leave it to Chris Dilks to come up with a good title for Michigan State's hockey program.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/big-ten/2016/3/30/11332888/michigan-state-officially-gives-up-keeps-tom-anastos

This is just sad...Mark Hollis has officially overtaken Barry Alvarez as the most anti-hockey athletic director in the B1G

8 hours ago, cberkas said:

Gary Wright steps down at AIC, been there as long as Red has been at Michigan (32 years).

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO