SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

KFAN's "Beyond the Pond," sponsored in part by the NCHC.  Literally three seconds today spent discussing NCAA hockey.  Just enough time to remind us that MN, SCSU, and UMD have all been eliminated so there is no reason to talk college pucks today.  

Brad Berry was on earlier this season and I can't remember which one of the three studio guys it was, but he spent the whole segment literally asking questions about "Fighting Hawks" and being rather snarky about it.

(651) 989-5326 is the studio line number.  The biggest event of the college hockey season coming up on Thursday and it's not even worth mentioning on today's show.  Wow.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

KFAN's "Beyond the Pond," sponsored in part by the NCHC.  Literally three seconds today spent discussing NCAA hockey.  Just enough time to remind us that MN, SCSU, and UMD have all been eliminated so there is no reason to talk college pucks today.  

Brad Berry was on earlier this season and I can't remember which one of the three studio guys it was, but he spent the whole segment literally asking questions about "Fighting Hawks" and being rather snarky about it.

(651) 989-5326 is the studio line number.  The biggest event of the college hockey season and it's not even worth mentioning on today's show.  Wow.

Berry was on the PA show Thursday I believe. PA did a good job and referred to UND as North Dakota hockey. Did not mention F'N Hawks until the end if the 12 minute interview. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

(651) 989-5326 is the studio line number.  The biggest event of the college hockey season coming up on Thursday and it's not even worth mentioning on today's show.  Wow.

What did you expect from a MN radio station, an hour long praise of UND? You have to remember that no one in MN would want to listen to that. 

5 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Berry was on the PA show Thursday I believe. PA did a good job and referred to UND as North Dakota hockey. Did not mention F'N Hawks until the end if the 12 minute interview. 

PA is still a wanna be "street"/hip hop douche

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Jags said:

What did you expect from a MN radio station, an hour long praise of UND? You have to remember that no one in MN would want to listen to that. 

I expected 5 or 10 minutes worth of conversation on it.  One of the rubes picked Denver to win the Frozen Four and another one picked the "Fighting Hawks," which was quickly met with the reply, "WHO?"  Later in the segment, the NHL playoffs were discussed and the joke was that Dave Hakstol would get the Flyers to the final four and then lose, as if Philadelphia was the Stanley Cup favorite headed into the season.  

3 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I expected 5 or 10 minutes worth of conversation on it.  One of the rubes picked Denver to win the Frozen Four and another one picked the "Fighting Hawks," which was quickly met with the reply, "WHO?"  Later in the segment, the NHL playoffs were discussed and the joke was that Dave Hakstol would get the Flyers to the final four and then lose, as if Philadelphia was the Stanley Cup favorite headed into the season.  

Nicoletti is a absolute rube

I am surprised they didn't pick BC because of the Wild draft pick Tuch...

2 hours ago, Jags said:

You are wrong. There are a ton of UND grads and UND hockey supporters in the TC including me.  Not all of those fans that show up for games in the TC come from GF. 

I listened for a while today but turned it off. 

They avoid most things that are positive about UND.  Check the Trib when NHL'ers are mentioned.  If it is a former gopher they print that.  If it is a former UND player they write about their HS affiliation or say nothing  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Siouxperman8 said:

You are wrong. There are a ton of UND grads and UND hockey supporters in the TC including me.  Not all of those fans that show up for games in the TC come from GF. 

I listened for a while today but turned it off. 

They avoid most things that are positive about UND.  Check the Trib when NHL'ers are mentioned.  If it is a former gopher they print that.  If it is a former UND player they write about their HS affiliation or say nothing  

It's not KFANs responsibility to talk about a team in another state, let alone a team that everyone who is a UND fan hates. To expect some sort of praise or to be mentioned in the paper is absurd. There is a reason why it's called the Star Tribune, it's a MN based newspaper company. It doesn't matter how many UND fans live in the TC, because UND is not MN. If you don't like it, don't listen. I guess the point I'm trying to make is, it's your choice to live in the TC, but don't expect anything other than MN talk. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

no

At this moment in time, I believe that Schmaltz > Connor...why?  Nick Schmaltz is becoming a complete player at UND and he is older.  Connor is more offensively gifted and has shown that.

Nick will not be an 80 point player in the NHL, but I believe his development at UND will result in a 600+ game NHL career where he can be relied upon to be a 10-15 goal, 40 point a year player.  He will play both ends of the ice and be a solid player at the highest level of hockey.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, yzerman19 said:

At this moment in time, I believe that Schmaltz > Connor...why?  Nick Schmaltz is becoming a complete player at UND and he is older.  Connor is more offensively gifted and has shown that.

Nick will not be an 80 point player in the NHL, but I believe his development at UND will result in a 600+ game NHL career where he can be relied upon to be a 10-15 goal, 40 point a year player.  He will play both ends of the ice and be a solid player at the highest level of hockey.

I was referring to this years totals only. Conner clearly had a much better year.

1 hour ago, Jags said:

It's not KFANs responsibility to talk about a team in another state, let alone a team that everyone who is a UND fan hates. To expect some sort of praise or to be mentioned in the paper is absurd. There is a reason why it's called the Star Tribune, it's a MN based newspaper company. It doesn't matter how many UND fans live in the TC, because UND is not MN. If you don't like it, don't listen. I guess the point I'm trying to make is, it's your choice to live in the TC, but don't expect anything other than MN talk. 

No wonder nobody listens.

9 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I was replying to your statement "You have to remember that no one in MN would want to listen to that."

I was pointing out that statement is not true.  There are plenty of people in MN who are college hockey fans and also UND fans and would want to listen to that.  That and the fact that UND has 8 Minnesota players on their roster.

and it is your choice to come onto a UND fan site - but don't expect much other than pro-UND talk.  Things must be pretty quiet on GPL which is not surprising considering the state of your program. 

I completely understand where you are coming from about how there are lots of UND fans in MN. But it's not like UND fans outweigh the amount of Gopher fans. I was simply stating that majority of people in MN don't want to hear an hour of college hockey talk when their teams have already been eliminated.:)

9 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

and Gopher apologists please tell us again how they weren't competitive because they had 10 freshmen on their roster - but conveniently forget that UND has 11 freshmen on our roster.  You just have the wrong freshman.

I agree, and I'm not the one making excuses. Dons teams have underachieved considering how good the instate talent is. Don also tends to not be able to "finish the deal" in big games. I haven't taken anything away from UND. UND has a very good team, and they showed that by making the Frozen Four.