SiouxSports.com Forum

The NCAA Championship Game Dream Match-Up: BU vs. PC

MafiaMan

I didn't post that to rip on Andy Kollar - just wanted to show how we laugh at the the silly mistakes made by our opponents and push our own team's gaffes to the dark cavern of our brains - along with the thoughts of being a fan of the Penguins or Bruins. 

Andy Kollar actually made a joke on twitter about that mistake.  He said, "Oh wow.  Just saw the highlights of the providence game.  How can u let in a goal from that far away........Wait, Nevermind!  Congrats Prov!" 

Gotta love that he can laugh about it now. 

I disagree with the whole parity argument.   This is all about having both good goaltending and role players in your lineup, which is the downfall of the teams that load up with a bunch of #1 prima donna picks.    I wonder how many more times the so called elite teams will have to get beaten in the playoffs by hard working blue collar teams that play better two way hockey before they figure this out.  I remember a time with UND had real role players and those Sioux teams polished off plenty of better on paper teams.  Have a great summer.

Respectfully disagree.  Not an issue for the Sioux.  The Sioux had great goaltending all season (Zane had two real bad games, game 1 vs Bem and final game vs BU, poor timing on the last one), have ample role players,.....along with talented players. 

Also, probably helps that it was just a regular season game and not in a national championship game. Don't know if O'Connor will ever be able to laugh about his misplay. :/

No doubt.

Little bit different circumstances.  That gaffe essentially cost BU the title.  Feel for the kid, but still happy that Providence won.

That gaffe essentially cost BU the title. Feel for the kid, but still happy that Providence won.

That gaffe made it 3-3 with about 8 or 9 minutes left in the game. The entire BU team went into panic mode after that goal. I don't blame O'Connor as much as I blame the horrible D on the game-winning goal. Real quality own-zone coverage there.

I didn't post that to rip on Andy Kollar - just wanted to show how we laugh at the the silly mistakes made by our opponents and push our own team's gaffes to the dark cavern of our brains - along with the thoughts of being a fan of the WILD or REDWINGS.

Fixed your post...

I disagree with the whole parity argument.   This is all about having both good goaltending and role players in your lineup, which is the downfall of the teams that load up with a bunch of #1 prima donna picks.    I wonder how many more times the so called elite teams will have to get beaten in the playoffs by hard working blue collar teams that play better two way hockey before they figure this out.  I remember a time with UND had real role players and those Sioux teams polished off plenty of better on paper teams.  Have a great summer. 

Are you kidding?

Ummm... Connor Gaarder ring a bell??

I thought they would as well - and that would have been a travesty.

Boston seemed to have received those breaks throughout the tournament. Some teams seem to always get more of those than others, and the "missed calls both ways" argument doesn't fly when it comes to those teams

Boston seemed to have received those breaks throughout the tournament. Some teams seem to always get more of those than others, and the "missed calls both ways" argument doesn't fly when it comes to those teams

I would offer that in the UND game the too many man on the ice (via BU line changes was a VERY, VERY glaring overlook). The referees could have called that at least a half dozen times....if not more. IMHO.

Anything is better than those clowns they had doing the 2000 NCAA title game.  Man, I half expected them to fight over who gets to take Doug Flutie out to dinner! :crazy:

Jack Edwards is awesome, obviously, because he calls Bruins games on NESN.  Not trying to turn this into a Bruins thread...really...I'm not.   :D

On a side note...during one of NESN's broadcasts of "The Instigators" this past year, Jack went on a mini-rant about how he thought the Fighting Sioux logo was the best in college hockey and how it was a crying shame we had to give it up.  Loved it!

• Upvote 2

Jack Edwards is awesome, obviously, because he calls Bruins games on NESN.  Not trying to turn this into a Bruins thread...really...I'm not.   :D

On a side note...during one of NESN's broadcasts of "The Instigators" this past year, Jack went on a mini-rant about how he thought the Fighting Sioux logo was the best in college hockey and how it was a crying shame we had to give it up.  Loved it!

The guy has great taste in sport's art!

• Upvote 1

I think Jack Edwards is awesome.

• Upvote 1

Anything is better than those clowns they had doing the 2000 NCAA title game.  Man, I half expected them to fight over who gets to take Doug Flutie out to dinner! :crazy:

You know, I never minded that, but I'm sure that was tempered by the way the game turned out. Ahh, one of my greatest memories ever.