SiouxSports.com Forum

Saturday GDT. Und vs women that are huskier

gfhockey

Well, the NCHC is showing really well for an "upstart" conference.  I have heard gopher fans that are really disappointed that the big10 is the BigDead for hockey.  My wife predicts MN will not be able to draw new drafts because of the lack of competition.  Then what??? ;)

I am so proud of this crew.  After last weekend, it would have been easy to give up the ghost, but the players, AND the fans didn't do that.  They just dug in and came back.  That is North Dakota hockey.  Go boys, enjoy bean town and do us proud!

Really thought we looked a little timid and afraid to make a mistake almost for the first 10 minutes or so but that great shift from the St. Clair line with a hard physical forecheck got us our 1st goal and I thought really changed the way we played the rest of the game. Great effort up and down the lineup. The backcheck and ability to get in lanes and block shots was very good. Lindgren was real solid for St. Cloud tonight despite the one weird goal. He came up huge on Chyzk all alone, Caggiula after a great pass from Jordan, and OD a couple times but especially after the great feed on the PP from Nick. Zane was solid and really came up big on some unexpected chances that St. Cloud generated on scramble situations or because of a turnover. I said it last night and I noticed it tonight again there are some guys playing the best they've played all year but two I noticed the most are Poolman and Johnson. A little time for the guys to heal up some and get rid of this flu bring on BU!

I am so proud of this crew.  After last weekend, it would have been easy to give up the ghost, but the players, AND MOST OF the fans didn't do that.  They just dug in and came back.  That is North Dakota hockey.  Go boys, enjoy bean town and do us proud!

Fixed your post.  I'm sure yzerman19, SIOUXFAN97, and some others will be along shortly to give this team and the coaching staff some credit for putting last weekend behind them.  Won't they? 

Great effort by this team against a tough Quinnipiac squad and an always-ready-to-play St Cloud State team.  Ya gotta believe - SIOUX FOREVER!

• Upvote 2

Even at the time I was thinking that early goal by SCSU could end up being a good thing. The guys really worked hard all night. All four lines were strong creating offensive zone turnovers frequently.

Hate the two week layoff!

Hakstol:  "This is the first time I don't mind the extra time off."

Oh yea, fs4l? 

I was giving my opinion on how the team looked at the time and that I didn't know if they could snap out of it by this weekend.  That doesn't mean I didn't want them to win or believed that they absolutely, positively wouldn't win the regional.  But when you tank your conference tournament like that one week before the west regional, only a delusional fan wouldn't be worried about it.  And I am not a delusional fan.  So yes, I was concerned.  But they came out right from the get-go on Friday night and never looked back.  Congrats to them and to the coaching staff.

• Upvote 1

The "Zane" fathead is going to Boston... with Zane's mother. She and Zane's girlfriend found us after they saw "Zane" and we figured it needed to make the trip to the F4 with its rightful owner!

• Upvote 1