SiouxSports.com Forum

Friday GDT. Und vs Quinny the pooh

gfhockey

Pretty good play from everyone tonight with a few lapses but overall a solid effort. Really thought Poolman and Johnson stood out tonight up front playing well, our defensemen did a good job of keeping Quinnipiac to the outside and tying up sticks, and Zane was very solid in net as usual. Reffing was very questionable tonight especially in the 1st period lots of hooking and holding that Quinnipiac got away with and not sure how the refs missed the Quinnipiac d-man tackle Poganski after he chipped it by them. Liked the confidence of Zane going for the goal with the open net even though one of our defenseman could have took the puck and think he would have had it if not for the high stick.

Considering who won and who lost today, it should be all happiness, but I have this nagging sadness for Tech, who really deserved better.  All that time lost in the wilderness, then it ends like that.

As for the Sioux, they did what they did all year, find a way to win.  It wasn't pretty though, and if you swap goalies it may go the other way.  They played really hard though.

Stay outta the box tomorrow.

Hey MafiaMan, so do teams need to be on a hot streak to win a regional game? I'm so confused as to what happened! :D

That's the theory I guess. Minnesota was hot and got rolled by a team that didn't make its conference semi-finals...BU was hot and had to go to OT to beat another team that didn't make it out of its conference playoff first round...what's going on here?

Considering who won and who lost today, it should be all happiness, but I have this nagging sadness for Tech, who really deserved better.  All that time lost in the wilderness, then it ends like that.

As for the Sioux, they did what they did all year, find a way to win.  It wasn't pretty though, and if you swap goalies it may go the other way.  They played really hard though.

Stay outta the box tomorrow.

Tech will be back, I don't think this was a one year thing.

I thought we looked solid in all areas tonight, always room for improvement of course.

Hard to stay out of the box when the refs can't decide what is a penalty and what isn't.  Quinnipiac got away with way too much crap.  I really hope tomorrow's game is consistently called one way or the other.  They were almost as bad as those baseball umpires who call strikes that are two feet off the plate.

Seriously? Who say sas that before the game is over? C'mon Man!

One guy saying something didn't cause the universe to curse Zane with a goal-against. Maybe it was LaDue taking a major that led to that goal?

It's 2015, not the Middle Ages. :)

I thought UND's physical play helped get their heads in the game more.

LJ played smart, with composure & was like a human wrecking ball at times. Maybe he needs to play this brand of hockey to be effective.

I admire Murphy for his resiliency. I think he appreciates the coach's trust in him & is trying to show his thanks with his hard play. He may be playing for a spot on the roster next year. The guy is due.

Poolman may have had a tough time keeping up with the pace of high-skilled teams like Miami earlier in the year, but he's found another level & can be a great forechecker with his improved speed. He's on defenders pretty quickly it seems when he forechecks. And what a cannon, if one of his shots ever connects with a player's melon that player may not wake up for a month.

If they get penalized as much tomorrow night, it could be a long night dealing with SCSU's PP.

I thought UND's physical play helped get their heads in the game more.

LJ played smart, with composure & was like a human wrecking ball at times. Maybe he needs to play this brand of hockey to be effective.

I admire Murphy for his resiliency. I think he appreciates the coach's trust in him & is trying to show his thanks with his hard play. He may be playing for a spot on the roster next year. The guy is due.

Poolman may have had a tough time keeping up with the pace of high-skilled teams like Miami earlier in the year, but he's found another level & can be a great forechecker with his improved speed. He's on defenders pretty quickly it seems when he forechecks. And what a cannon, if one of his shots ever connects with a player's melon that player may not wake up for a month.

Agree, need to play disciplined and check the emotions to some degree (but play with lots of moxy).    4 STRAIGHT = 8!!! 

If they get penalized as much tomorrow night, it could be a long night dealing with SCSU's PP.

Agreed. For all the grumbling about the venue prior to this tournament, this looked like a great atmosphere on TV.

The atmosphere at scheels arena was a breath of fresh air last night! Night and day compared to the ralph. Congrats to the fighting Sioux for putting togethor this performance and thank you to the faithful for putting that atmosphere togethor! Husky women stand less a chance than holy cross did in grand forks that saturday!

One guy saying something didn't cause the universe to curse Zane with a goal-against. Maybe it was LaDue taking a major that led to that goal?

It's 2015, not the Middle Ages. :)

Lol, superstitious people are odd...

I do have one hat I will not wear to Sioux games anymore after last weekend. :)