SiouxSports.com Forum

Friday GDT. Und vs Quinny the pooh

gfhockey

During first period a SCSU mother of a player sat next to us.......she laid into the guy in front of us for standing up during play when things were getting exciting in front of the Q goalie/net (we were right behind net). He in no uncertain terms told where to go.......she and her lap dog husband were not around to begin the 2nd.

Someone mentioned that Zane should been awarded a goal when the puck was played with a high stick to prevent an empty net goal, any chance the officials correct it post game?

If there's an empty net and a player has a breakaway and is hauled down by a defender, or if the puck is shot and a defending player throws his stick to stop it a goal can be awarded. I don't think that's the case for a high stick. A high stick results in a whistle and faceoff in the zone, just like it does any other time during the game.

But dang, I wish Zane would have scored.  If that went in Scheel's Arena would have absolutely blown up.  He actually had a 2nd attempt at it and fanned on the shot!

If there's an empty net and a player has a breakaway and is hauled down by a defender, or if the puck is shot and a defending player throws his stick to stop it a goal can be awarded. I don't think that's the case for a high stick. A high stick results in a whistle and faceoff in the zone, just like it does any other time during the game.

But dang, I wish Zane would have scored.  If that went in Scheel's Arena would have absolutely blown up.  He actually had a 2nd attempt at it and fanned on the shot!

That's what I was thinking, too. It would have been fun to hear the crowd.

I don't think it's a message.  I don't think Schwartz is a PK'er anyway, and you have to have someone who was on the ice serve the penalty.  So it was logical.

Anybody can serve those penalties......I doesn't have to be someone on the ice at the time of the penalty.

I'm a little tired hearing about how the Fargo regional is a home game for North Dakota. It is not in their home arena so no it is not a home game. It is a neutral site which the NCAA wanted. To have the arena completely fill with North Dakota fans shows how well they follow the team.  Fargo is 75 miles from Grand Forks. In comparison:

Manchester is 53 miles from Boston (home game for BU?)

Providence is 51 miles from Boston home game for BC against Denver?

Having these teams travel less than an hour away for regionals is one of the main reasons that they make the Frozen Four so often.

Hopefully we can make that same thing happen tonight against Jan Brady State.

I'm a little tired hearing about how the Fargo regional is a home game for North Dakota. It is not in their home arena so no it is not a home game. It is a neutral site which the NCAA wanted. To have the arena completely fill with North Dakota fans shows how well they follow the team.

I've heard that enough this weekend as well. Some of the same folks refer to the X as a "neutral-ice" site. On the flip-side, I have heard Starman and others criticize the NCAA over Providence College playing Miami today in their own backyard as a #4 seed.

I've heard that enough this weekend as well. Some of the same folks refer to the X as a "neutral-ice" site. On the flip-side, I have heard Starman and others criticize the NCAA over Providence College playing Miami today in their own backyard as a #4 seed.

Did you catch it when the announcer referred to us as the Nodaks.....had a nice ring to it, eh?

• Upvote 1

He doesn't kill penalties... Simple as that

I think hak was doing it on purpose. His body language was about as bad as any player I've seen in a long time. At one point NS turned to the bench and visibly mouthed "why" when being taken off the ice on the PP. Constantly rolling his eyes. My bro and I were both blown away by how he was acting. No other player was doing anything close.

Last night was the closest I've ever sat at a Sioux game....I could see eye lashes.

I think hak was doing it on purpose. His body language was about as bad as any player I've seen in a long time. At one point NS turned to the bench and visibly mouthed "why" when being taken off the ice on the PP. Constantly rolling his eyes. My bro and I were both blown away by how he was acting. No other player was doing anything close.

Last night was the closest I've ever sat at a Sioux game....I could see eye lashes.

It's behavior like that which needs to be nipped in the bud before it spreads to other players. Safe to say that the last thing UND needs at this point in the season is a player who's not giving his all cuz "coach won't play me when I want". Seems the Schmaltz bros have all the physical talent, but need some emotional maturity to make them more complete players. Good observation & something to watch for tonight.

Maybe he was just trying to do an impression of Mike Reilly? If so, it wasn't bad!