SiouxSports.com Forum

EARLY Departures 2015

AZSIOUX

So where are we at with any of our own flight risks? Would be great to see Zano back. Schmaltz bros? Sounded like Ladue should stick around. Any chance we don't lose anyone?

I'd add Stecher to that list of possible flight risks, though I wouldn't be surprised to see him wear a letter if he does stay.

I'd add Stecher to that list of possible flight risks, though I wouldn't be surprised to see him wear a letter if he does stay.

I disagree being Stecher's an UDFA. I can't recall much precedence for an early departure free agent, but maybe I'm wrong. Also not saying he's not opening some eyes, but I think NHL teams are going to let him play out his time here.

I disagree being Stecher's an UDFA. I can't recall much precedence for an early departure free agent, but maybe I'm wrong. Also not saying he's not opening some eyes, but I think NHL teams are going to let him play out his time here.

Many UDFA are underclassman. Usually older guys that matured later.

Hasn't Drake essentially said he's playing four for the Sioux in the past. O know that article out of Toronto said he quoted himself as a four year player.

No both Cags and Stech are legitimate candidates to be gone next year. Not saying its going to happen but there is without a doubt a risk on both until they confirm they are staying. -Source (teammates, family, coaches, Schloss)

Watching him play this tournament and reading a lot of stuff from NHL scouts, writers, I think we'd be naive to think Stecher can't go and play pro next year.

Not saying he couldn't, but teams have more at stake with drafted players and are going to give those picks a chance long before an undrafted prospect. I just don't know what the chances are of a team giving him a crack at the bigs quite yet, probably sign him to the A and "develop" him. If that were the case and it's me, I'd rather develop at UND than the A or E.

Not saying he couldn't, but teams have more at stake with drafted players and are going to give those picks a chance long before an undrafted prospect. I just don't know what the chances are of a team giving him a crack at the bigs quite yet, probably sign him to the A and "develop" him. If that were the case and it's me, I'd rather develop at UND than the A or E.

The issue is that as a UDFA, sometimes you have to sign while you can, especially if its a good offer.  No guarantees those same offers will be there next year for a variety of reasons (performance, injury, etc).  Chances are you end up in the minors somewhere, but you have a contract and a chance.  Those aren't guaranteed if you come back to school.

• Upvote 2

Many UDFA are underclassman. Usually older guys that matured later.

You're correct. Went back to last year's list, and there are a slew of juniors. I'm hard pressed to find a sophomore who's made the jump as an UDFA though. Even guys like DeKeyser and Sustr were juniors.

I'd be curious if there have been any recent sophomore undrafted signees. Anyone know of any?