SiouxSports.com Forum

EARLY Departures 2015

AZSIOUX

And he will sit in the AHL for years.  

If he can't improve his foot speed you're probably right.  However, his shot is NHL ready.  I don't think he has anything else to prove at the college level, he's ready to see if he'll have a career in hockey.

Good for CJ! Great goalie. Imagine what his record could have been had he had some offensive power on his Ferris teams. Best of luck and congrats on an outstanding career at FSU.

At 105 yrs old, I think Red is as grown up as he's going to get...

It's kind of like that scene in the movie Waiting. Red just says whatever he wants because he's old and senile at this point. He probably gives small children the middle finger, too :D

• Upvote 1

Jees, Red. What is that saying to recruits? "If you don't listen to me, you won't make it in the NHL." Knucklehead comments. I don't necessarily disagree with Red, but that was a pretty classless effort by him. Grow up.

Red might be close to 70, but he does know his hockey. He did spend 17 years in the NHL. I don't have a problem with what he said. You're also getting the reporter's spin on it, too. But he's right, how many playes go right from college to the NHL. Very few players are ready like Toews and Parise were.