SiouxSports.com Forum

EARLY Departures 2015

AZSIOUX

I agree with Red.  What I don't agree with is him airing this all out for the public.  By all means, tell the kid you don't think he's ready, etc.  But ranting to the media about how he should have stayed crosses the line in my opinion.

• Upvote 3

I agree with Red.  What I don't agree with is him airing this all out for the public.  By all means, tell the kid you don't think he's ready, etc.  But ranting to the media about how he should have stayed crosses the line in my opinion.

Exactly.

Absolutely 100% agree. It's fine to give a kid your thoughts on exactly what you think but airing it in the media does no one any good IMO.

Absolutely 100% agree. It's fine to give a kid your thoughts on exactly what you think but airing it in the media does no one any good IMO.

It did some good for Hak, who pulled Adams out of the state of Michigan.  I'm guessing it also does good for Anastos, Pearson, and a number of other coaches in that region.

It did some good for Hak, who pulled Adams out of the state of Michigan.  I'm guessing it also does good for Anastos, Pearson, and a number of other coaches in that region.

Yeah good point, I suppose it does good for everyone besides the program of that coach.

I wish no decisions were made/announced on this day.  I just don't trust it.

Same thing crossed my mind but I'd be surprised if Brodzinski made a joke out of something that big.

I also agree 100%.  Also, didn't the Jets say Copp would get a chance to play with the big club this year?  Who wouldn't take that deal.  I, for one, am not totally against these signings unless the player is no where near ready.  Copp's ceiling is probably 3rd liner (similar to Vande) so why not go and get acclimated early.  The AHL is a great league that can get you ready for the show.  Staying one extra year to get your degree is not that big of a deal for many of these players as they're going to play hockey regardless, why not start cashing the checks one year earlier.  But note, I meant when the player is ready....which Copp seems to be.  Sounds like he has a decent head on his shoulders, he already noted he would finish his degree.

Now Vessey, I though it was a great idea for him to come back.  He could probably use another 10 lbs on his frame and that Harvard degree is worth it.

I also agree 100%.  Also, didn't the Jets say Copp would get a chance to play with the big club this year?  Who wouldn't take that deal.  I, for one, am not totally against these signings unless the player is no where near ready.  Copp's ceiling is probably 3rd liner (similar to Vande) so why not go and get acclimated early.  The AHL is a great league that can get you ready for the show.  Staying one extra year to get your degree is not that big of a deal for many of these players as they're going to play hockey regardless, why not start cashing the checks one year earlier.  But note, I meant when the player is ready....which Copp seems to be.  Sounds like he has a decent head on his shoulders, he already noted he would finish his degree.

Now Vessey, I though it was a great idea for him to come back.  He could probably use another 10 lbs on his frame and that Harvard degree is worth it.

Vesey should damn near quit hockey, manage a hedge fund somewhere, and save some brain cells for his twilight years. The ROI would be much better for him =)