SiouxSports.com Forum

EARLY Departures 2015

AZSIOUX

How can anyone complain about Pierre M? He promotes college hockey in general and gives props to a named player and states the college he went to! I think that is huge for college hockey! All while broadcasting on national TV during an NHL game!

he has also had some very pro major junior over the collegiate route thoughts as well.

To (unfortunately ) get this thread back on track.....

As per Andy Stickland tweet

@andystrickland

Former 1st rounder Jordan Schmaltz expected to forego Sr. Season at #UND #stlblues

Lol this didn't say anything. Expected... Did he sign? That's all I want to know.

Are you listening to the same guy? I mean I'm 28 so not super far away from college(although now that I think about it I kind of am) but BUccigross(see what I did there) had a mega Eichel-boner in the semifinals and was outwardly ecstatic when BU clinched the game with the ENG.

And If you listened at all to his calls on Providence's 3rd and 4th goals as well as the "Little Rhodie is the big man on campus!" line when the clock hit 0:00, you would have sworn that Bucci was a born-and-raised Friar...

Bummer on Schmaltz if true.

• Upvote 1

It must be sort of a generational thing... Everyone I know that's my age loves Buccigross.  Sure he is different, but he for sure doesn't drone on like some of the other major hockey announcers.  I would rather listen to him mix it up than hear Pierre McGuire tell me where every single guy played peewee hockey twice a game.

I would also take Bucci over Matvick any day.  At least Buccigross can stay neutral even if he talks about one team more than another.  With Matvick everything was North Dakota's fault during the regionals. 

College student here. Not many people I know enjoyed listening to Bucci. We love him for his love of the sport, but can't stand him as a play by play guy. Especially after listening to a major hard-on for Minnesota last year and then Eichel this year.

Lol this didn't say anything. Expected... Did he sign? That's all I want to know.

We're going to lose Jordan.  Simply no way around it.  He's a major talent.  We were very fortunate to have him for three years, especially to the extent that it helped to recruit Nick to the school.  People are kidding themselves if they think he'll be back for his senior season.

To my way of thinking the key will be Drake.  We're going to be really, really thin up front next year if he jumps early, and he's certainly going to get his chance.  If we could keep Drake and either Stecher or LaDue, we ought to consider ourselves lucky.  Anyone else is just found money.

We're going to lose Jordan.  Simply no way around it.  He's a major talent.  We were very fortunate to have him for three years, especially to the extent that it helped to recruit Nick to the school.  People are kidding themselves if they think he'll be back for his senior season.

To my way of thinking the key will be Drake.  We're going to be really, really thin up front next year if he jumps early, and he's certainly going to get his chance.  If we could keep Drake and either Stecher or LaDue, we ought to consider ourselves lucky.  Anyone else is just found money.

Let's face reality: A year ago we all expected Jordan Schmaltz would never play a senior season at North Dakota. 

My biggest fear is losing LaDue and Stetcher as well (even moreso than losing Caggiula). That would put it to three returning defensemen (Ausmus, Thompson, Poolman) and one of those played most of last season at forward. 

Sure we/I don't want to lose Drake, but I don't think we'll be thin up front whatsoever.

I challenge you to find one announcer that wouldn't have talked about Eichel all game.  He was the biggest name in college hockey this year so of course they are going to talk about them.  Buccigross did get excited when they won just like he gets excited about everything.  He even said after the game that we were the better team that night and that he loves how we play.

I would rather have a Buccigross broadcast that isn't a cookie-cutter presentation every single time than listen to the same cut-and-paste broadcast that guys like Joe Buck give.  You honestly never know what the guy is going to talk about next.

I don't mind talking about Eichel a lot, but it's the absolute raging hard-on for Eichel when he does nothing.  Buccigross literally yelled when Eichel got passed the puck the 1st time "EICHEL WITH SPACE!"... there were 3 UND players surrounding him.

Buccigross is fine for promoting the game but I don't want my cheerleaders announcing, it cheapens the sport. Excitement is one thing, but when Buccigross freaks out everytime a player shoots the puck from literally anywhere on the ice it gets old. I'd rather have nothing than Buccigross, which is why I had to mute the game at times. 

I don't mind talking about Eichel a lot, but it's the absolute raging hard-on for Eichel when he does nothing. Buccigross literally yelled when Eichel got passed the puck the 1st time "EICHEL WITH SPACE!"... there were 3 UND players surrounding him.

Buccigross is fine for promoting the game but I don't want my cheerleaders announcing, it cheapens the sport. Excitement is one thing, but when Buccigross freaks out everytime a player shoots the puck from literally anywhere on the ice it gets old. I'd rather have nothing than Buccigross, which is why I had to mute the game at times.

You've hit the nail on the head here.

No sense for the game....cliches and excitement for mundane moments.

Brutal to listen to.

Interesting information on the unique position Paul LaDue is in. 

http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=100483

Because of his age ... 

... if LaDue plays college hockey through his senior season, he would be able to sign a one-way deal (same compensation, whether you are playing in the NHL or AHL) with any team for any compensation, any length and any signing bonus.

That is a rather unique option to have. 

Sure we/I don't want to lose Drake, but I don't think we'll be thin up front whatsoever.

Some talented freshmen forwards coming in, to be sure, but not much in the way of returning goal scoring up front.  By my count, less than 40 goals scored by the returning forwards, without Drake, and 8 of those were Poolman who could find himself back on defense next season.  Contrast that to last year where our forwards started this past season having scored over 70 goals the year before.

Without Drake, this is what it looks like:

Nick Schmaltz   5 goals last year

Luke Johnson 8 goals last year

Tucker Poolman 8 goals last year (maybe moved to defense

Austin Poganski 4 goals last year

Bryn Chyzyk 7 goals last year

Colten St. Clair 3 goals last year

Trevor Olson 3 goals last year

Sanderson, Simonson and Murphy all with 0 career goals.

I like our incoming class, but I don't remember many teams where our returning forwards had this few goals scored the year before.

Some talented freshmen forwards coming in, to be sure, but not much in the way of returning goal scoring up front.  By my count, less than 40 goals scored by the returning forwards, without Drake, and 8 of those were Poolman who could find himself back on defense next season.  Contrast that to last year where our forwards started this past season having scored over 70 goals the year before.

I like our incoming class, but I don't remember many teams where our returning forwards had this few goals scored the year before.

I guess I just see steps taken forward and then, freshman coming in with quality scoring touch.

Got blocked on Twitter for critiquing Bucci for that. Oh well. Honestly though they are brutal to listen to. I like how bucci enjoys college hockey but his slang is way too much and just isn't good at doing the play-by-play.

You mean you don't like "HOLY SCHNIKES!" The guys is terrible.

You guys need to calm down regarding Bucci.  I'm shocked he upsets you so much.  Just watch the game...that's what it's on for. 

any the game is not on to watch, it is on to WIN NATTY's. Don't you listen to GFHockey, the games doesn't actually matter, just natty's

You can get rid of that maybe. Tucker Poolman will be playing D next year even if all underclass D return and he will be very good at that.