SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU Gameyear Thread

geaux_sioux

This post speaks to my point. For a team to win by 10-14 points and that is somehow an embarrassment, that's why NDSU didn't want to play this game for the last decade.

I was talking about UND winning by 10 to 14 points.

If NDSU punts that will be worse than what most NDSU fans' perception of this matchup is. It's gotten that bad.

I can only imagine the collective puckering taking place if the herd go 3 and out to start the game.

This post speaks to my point. For a team to win by 10-14 points and that is somehow an embarrassment, that's why NDSU didn't want to play this game for the last decade.

I guess it depends on how UND ends up this season, too, but I get your point.

I see what you are saying but some other NDSU fans that post regularly on this forum seem to think that UND will be terrible forever. We all know that college sports are cyclical and it seems that our program is finally in good hands so continual improvement should be expected. Now I fully expect NDSU to be competitive each and avery season but winning a close game, or losing to UND, would not be the end of the world for you guys.

For the record, I do not think we will win, but as you pointed out earlier it will probably closer than many rubes think.  

If the herd throws a pick 6 on the first drive a riot will break out in North Fargo.

Considering Wentz never threw one last year I highly doubt that will happen. But if for some reason it did I'm sure the calling for his head would be heard by some of less intelligent football fans.

Ok, I think 06 cleared the path for those of us that aren't here to troll, but actually want to talk about this game. For the record, I'm not one of those that thinks this rivalry is dead or whatever it is y'all keep saying about how most Bison fans feel. Sure, there's like 3 "Bison fans" on here that keep spewing that crap and it's obvious trolling, but I'm sure the smart UND fans on this site realize that's all it is. Just ignore them. It's the same sort of thing we see on BV but those trolls are usually NDSU fans, and you get the usual crowd that can't help themselves and have to go back and forth with them. Drives me nuts.

Anyway, about the game and some of the comments I've read up to this point. i'm picking the Bison in this one. I've seen plenty of these Bison/UND games to know that anything can happen and picking a score is tough, when picking a winner is even tougher. I've seen the term blowout used around here. What's your definition of a blowout? To me, a blowout doesn't always mean a lopsided score. A blowout can show up on the stat sheet but not on the scoreboard. If the Bison win by only 10 points, but rush for 250+, control the clock by running all day long, and the defense keeps UND off balance and out of rythym, then I'll be happy. Sure, UND has more head to head wins against the Herd, but 12 titles is still more than 1. Does that mean we're a more dominant football program? Meh, whatever. I love it a lot when the Bison beat UND, but I like National Championships even more than that.

Atmosphere is gonna be great! Too bad I'm gonna miss this one, buddy decided to get married that day and I'm a groomsmen. My ticket will be available, but the last time I asked around here what someone would pay, I didn't get but maybe one serious reply.

No one who picks with their head can pick the Sioux this year - but we're comin. There have been big upsets in this rivalry over the years though and there is a reason they play the game. Oh and as far as SU not being a rival it must be to some students - especially the homecoming royalty. 

No one who picks with their head can pick the Sioux this year - but we're comin. There have been big upsets in this rivalry over the years though and there is a reason they play the game. Oh and as far as SU not being a rival it must be to some students - especially the homecoming royalty. 

Agreed, I don't think any Sioux fan can logically say "we got this one", but crazier things have happened. I have to think pulling an upset like that over an in-state rival and defending 4 time national champs would do wonders in recruiting too, especially regionally.

Regardless, I'm just excited to see this game. Last Sioux/Bison game was my freshman year of college, and it was an awesome experience.

I'm curious to see how many UND fans will be there. Obviously there won't be one entire end zone full of UND fans like the d2 days, but I do wonder how many ac fans will sell?

I think at most maybe 1K UND folks.

Anyone planning on going to Fargo that doesn't have tickets to the game?  I deffinitely will be.  Hey, if we can't be in the Dome for the game, might as well make our presence known in the tailgate lot!!  I wonder if NDSU will give UND a spot for the Champions Club to set up in the lot.  Another idea would be to do like we did in Boston and Minneapolis and designate a bar/restaurant as the official headquarters of UND fans.  The Buffalo Wild Wings on 19th would be a great location for UND fans to take over that day.  Go tailgate in the lot before the game and then head across the street to watch the game!! 

Anyone planning on going to Fargo that doesn't have tickets to the game?  I deffinitely will be.  Hey, if we can't be in the Dome for the game, might as well make our presence known in the tailgate lot!!  I wonder if NDSU will give UND a spot for the Champions Club to set up in the lot.  Another idea would be to do like we did in Boston and Minneapolis and designate a bar/restaurant as the official headquarters of UND fans.  The Buffalo Wild Wings on 19th would be a great location for UND fans to take over that day.  Go tailgate in the lot before the game and then head across the street to watch the game!! 

I'll probably be there. Definitely want to tailgate that game, and hoping to snag a ticket if my in-laws have an extra. I have been tailgating to several Bison games in the past few years, and it is always a good time.

Thank you.  I have been trying to tell some of the uneducated about this same thing for a while.   The intensity will ratchet up incredibly as the game approaches.  

Oh yeah. It will rachet up.

You will always have the naysayers. But they are are a very very small minority. They just have bigger mouths. :lol: I just wish we could play each other more than two times in the next  5 years. That would really get us back to speed on the rivalry.

• Downvote 1

Oh yeah. It will rachet up.

You will always have the naysayers. But they are are a very very small minority. They just have bigger mouths. :lol: I just wish we could play each other more than two times in the next 5 years. That would really get us back to speed on the rivalry.

I'd like to think there will be a playoff matchup or two before 2019. :-)
  • Upvote 1

That sounds about right, maybe a few more.

When a MVFC team comes in (other than SDSU) how many fans from other teams do you estimate are there?

Not many. Hard for me to tell. I've always been in the student section and the other teams fans are on the same side of the field but at the other end. I think they get 500 tickets and they usually don't use them all I don't think.

Im just thinking und will get more because of family, friends and tickets owned by businesses will likely not exclusively give them to NDSU graduates, at least I'd hope not.

So obviously you'll sell out your allotment of visitor tickets. I also think your fans should have just as good a chance as Bison fans to get a few single game tickets when they go on sale. They sell out fast, but there's no reason y'all can't snag a few. Standing room only is another option but I don't know for sure how many of those they sell. If this game doesn't set a record for attendance, then there's something wrong with that. When other MVFC teams not named SDSU come into town, there's usually only a 100 fans or so, maybe less. Mostly parents, siblings and significant others I'm assuming. Not 100% sure what your Champions Club is, but I assume NDSU would be willing to work with the organization and figure out a good spot. As far as you guys wanting to tailgate, there's a really large concrete parking lot west of the dome that is first come first serve. Better get in line early though, again they go fast.

So obviously you'll sell out your allotment of visitor tickets. I also think your fans should have just as good a chance as Bison fans to get a few single game tickets when they go on sale. They sell out fast, but there's no reason y'all can't snag a few. Standing room only is another option but I don't know for sure how many of those they sell. If this game doesn't set a record for attendance, then there's something wrong with that. When other MVFC teams not named SDSU come into town, there's usually only a 100 fans or so, maybe less. Mostly parents, siblings and significant others I'm assuming. Not 100% sure what your Champions Club is, but I assume NDSU would be willing to work with the organization and figure out a good spot. As far as you guys wanting to tailgate, there's a really large concrete parking lot west of the dome that is first come first serve. Better get in line early though, again they go fast.

ALL Single game tickets will be sold to Team Makers members who don't have season tickets. Its will be based on priority points. If there are an left over they will be offered to the general public.