SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU Gameyear Thread

geaux_sioux

Did your vaunted NDSU degree help find you a job, or do you have to put up with you posting from your parents basement?

I had a heavy semester, focused on that and my part time job. Applying for full time jobs now and working.

No I'm not in Jamestown milking my Newman money you were convinced I had. It's okay. It's nice that the folks at the state hospital give you internet privileges from time to time.

• Upvote 1

Did your vaunted NDSU degree help find you a job, or do you have to put up with you posting from your parents basement?

Another completely pointless post by SiouxVolley just trying to start something (or constantly continue it?)  There's no need to have to wade through all of his crap.

• Upvote 1

I don't think anyone is saying it is important that this be a huge game.  What is amusing is that FU fans keep trying to convince themselves it isn't when the following have occurred in Fargo:

-NDSU athletic department holds a press conference to announce the two games and make sure everyone knows that the games are just a schedule filler even though no games have ever previously been announced via press conference

-NDSU athletic department releases ticket prices and the UND game is priced between 50-67% higher than the next highest game (which is against "rival" UNI and homecoming to boot)

-Bison Media Blog ranks the game as the #2 most intriguing regular season game in the nation (though obviously it is for them for monetary reasons)

-NDSU bookstore/marketing department releases a shirt that is a "NDSU Bookstore Exclusive Design" for the game almost 4 months before its played (make sure to note the exclusive part as the excuse is already being thrown out there that the shirt was UND's idea)

But somehow the claim is that UND and its fans are the ones pushing the hype on the game...

You have for years. May be you have forgotten.  But I wouldn't read more in to anything on that list. The T-shirt thing I find funny. The students may buy it but I haven't met an adult that likes it.

• Downvote 1

You have for years. May be you have forgotten.  But I wouldn't read more in to anything on that list. The T-shirt thing I find funny. The students may buy it but I haven't met an adult that likes it.

Your school made the shirt.  Not some third party.  The adults you interact with can deny the hype of the game all they want but its your own school that felt it was that big of a deal.  

The price of the tickets, c'mon.  How do you even argue once you saw that?

You have for years. May be you have forgotten. But I wouldn't read more in to anything on that list. The T-shirt thing I find funny. The students may buy it but I haven't met an adult that likes it.

As has NDSU and its fans; several NDSU faithful that I know personally have wanted this game for sometime now. You just need to stop lying to yourself because it doesn't prove anything.

The T-shirt represents a student interest in the game/rivalry; that is, an interest from the same students that NDSU fans like yourself said would grow away from the rivalry and not be interested in it. It's looks like that is - obviously - false. NDSU fans are interested; this is the highlight regular season game for both UND and NDSU in 2015.

Read more into what?  Holding a press conference when it hasn't been done before?  Setting ticket prices higher than a rival/homecoming game?  Special shirts?  All of those things were done directly by NDSU.  And how has UND been hyping the game for years?  It just got scheduled in August.

UND fans aren't the ones spinning themselves dizzy trying to convince themselves and anyone within shouting distance that this game doesn't hold more meaning than a typical OOC game.

• Upvote 3

You have for years. May be you have forgotten. But I wouldn't read more in to anything on that list. The T-shirt thing I find funny. The students may buy it but I haven't met an adult that likes it.

The Bison fans I have talked to wanted UND on the schedule instead of teams like Wagner and Incarnate Word.

Your school made the shirt.  Not some third party.  The adults you interact with can deny the hype of the game all they want but its your own school that felt it was that big of a deal.  

The price of the tickets, c'mon.  How do you even argue once you saw that?

They raised them just like you guys did. Plus the fact that many schools are going to the different prices for different games. The fact remains the season ticket package didn't go up that much. Only the single game tickets actually reflect a difference in pricing per game.

They made a t-shirt? So what?

Yes I also wanted to play UND as opposed to those tomato cans. At least we have history. So whats your point?????????????????????

Every adult you meet you ask them about a T-shirt?

Or are you waiting for other adults to bring up the T-shirt, and if they don't you check the box for 'didn't like'?

Are you checking ID's, cause most college kids are adults.....

You sound pretty convincing so just want to get things straight.

When the picture of the shirt  came out there were many of my friends who were emailing-texting-private messaging on how much they though the shirt sucked and they wouldn't be buying it. I am also in that camp. I would say at least 50 plus people considering we have over 30 in our tailgate group alone. Plus considering I have been in Fargo the past 3 days there have been many face to face conversations. So there may have been more than 50. :)

They raised them just like you guys did. Plus the fact that many schools are going to the different prices for different games. The fact remains the season ticket package didn't go up that much. Only the single game tickets actually reflect a difference in pricing per game.

They made a t-shirt? So what?

Yes I also wanted to play UND as opposed to those tomato cans. At least we have history. So whats your point?????????????????????

how much did season tickets go up? How much difference is there between the und game and the next closest game in price?

As has NDSU and its fans; several NDSU faithful that I know personally have wanted this game for sometime now. You just need to stop lying to yourself because it doesn't prove anything.

The T-shirt represents a student interest in the game/rivalry; that is, an interest from the same students that NDSU fans like yourself said would grow away from the rivalry and not be interested in it. It's looks like that is - obviously - false. NDSU fans are interested; this is the highlight regular season game for both UND and NDSU in 2015.

Lying to myself? You obviously have never read any of my posts expounding on the fact I wanted the rivalry to resume. The student interest in the game is real and has been written about in the school paper. I have never believed the idiots who said that the current students didn't know about the rivalry.

There ARE some fans who have moved on. There are people at NDSU who did not want to play you again. All of this is fact. But I believe the majority of fans wanted the rivalry to resume. I am one of them. So you may now direct your view of what you think all Bison fans think some where else.

Conversing with friends about the merits of a t-shirt.

#firstworldproblems

Exactly what I thought. I for one would rather the Bison play an FBS team but playing UND is the next best thing. Obviously it's caught both schools attention since the contract was signed. The Dome will be rocking for sure.

how much did season tickets go up? How much difference is there between the und game and the next closest game in price?

I really didn't pay attention to the exact detail. I think season tix went up 25.00???  I haven't received my tickets yet and it wasn't that big deal to  ask what the break down was. The also had different pricing last year.

Conversing with friends about the merits of a t-shirt.  

#firstworldproblems

Actually it was just one of many subjects in the course of a broader conversation. As in hey did you see the t they are putting out for the game. Yep. Its sucks. I m not buying it, Me either---then the conversation moves on-------Just a small footnote as it may be.

When the picture of the shirt came out there were many of my friends who were emailing-texting-private messaging on how much they though the shirt sucked and they wouldn't be buying it. I am also in that camp. I would say at least 50 plus people considering we have over 30 in our tailgate group alone. Plus considering I have been in Fargo the past 3 days there have been many face to face conversations. So there may have been more than 50. :)

50 out of a metro population of over 200,000...that about covers the Bison viewpoint.

Come on man you owe me a new laptop!  :D