SiouxSports.com Forum

NLI Gameday Thread

geaux_sioux

Frustrating listening to Jack Michaels on the Fan right now. Only talks about the Bison. Radio voice for UND football that doesn't talk about UND

I get that he needs to play to his audience. So I understand that he's just doing his job, but with that being said I think we need a GF based UND guy doing our football games. I have nothing against Jack, but in the end he's a Fargo guy/former NDSU athlete. He doesn't fit in being the UND football voice.

Haha! Did he say there was going to be one? I must have missed that.

mostly joking, but not sure. he claimed to have inside knowledge of 2 FBS transfers and that Georges and Arrington were the ones he knew about. claimed that he knew about Arrington before UA Birmingham disbanded their program. not sure he actually claimed to know anything about high school recruits.   :silly:

Frustrating listening to Jack Michaels on the Fan right now. Only talks about the Bison. Radio voice for UND football that doesn't talk about UND

That was all I heard on WDAY too this morning.   I thought they were supposed to be 'our' radio station?

Krysten Hammon. :whistling:

Looks like he's going to BYU or Kansas or Blinn CC. He's all over the map. Can't tell what he's doing.

Edit: Actually it looks like he might be enrolled at Blinn CC now and looking to transfer to a FBS after next falls semester (football season).

WDAY is our radio station only for the 3 hours their carrying the game on the radio and the hour of the coaches show. Jack is very professional but has his hands tied when he is on the station that is the voice of Bison sports. (740 and 790) He will talk about UND but not a lot or they would can him.

Are we only waiting for Webb at this point? I know he should be at 2:30, but other than him it sounds like all of our commits signed. Does that happen very often? I feel like there are usually a few commits that end up elsewhere.

That's all I know of.

Smaller schools it's pretty typical that there's not as much flipping at the last minute.  Some might be waiting for that big offer but are comfortable signing here if it doesn't come (like Troy Hansen).

Shouldn't that be Scott "My, Oh, My" Miller's job?  Must be nice having TWO flagship radio stations (KFGO and WDAY).  Something definitely needs to be done about this because being invisible in the media is not good for any program.

WDAY is our radio station only for the 3 hours their carrying the game on the radio and the hour of the coaches show. Jack is very professional but has his hands tied when he is on the station that is the voice of Bison sports. (740 and 790) He will talk about UND but not a lot or they would can him.

They why do they allow him to call our games?  Sometimes I think it would be better for us if they didn't.

Idk how I'll feel about green pants.

I do know how I feel about green pants......honestly I don't like the thought of them and can't see myself liking them at all.  I could be proven wrong and may like them and/or get use to them....but that is the last thing I wanted.  Other than that....looks like a great day for Sioux Football so far today!