SiouxSports.com Forum

Weber State @ UND

Cratter

There's always a need to paint one side as the good guy in this stuff, and one party as the bad guy.

When a program is in transition like this, I don't think there is necessarily a good or bad guy.

Some parts just don't fit the new machine and it is time for both to move on.

There's always a need to paint one side as the good guy in this stuff, and one party as the bad guy.

When a program is in transition like this, I don't think there is necessarily a good or bad guy.

Some parts just don't fit the new machine and it is time for both to move on.

We can safely say there was a good and a bad.  The WR position group meetings are 'much more enjoyable' and 'have some positivity and energy'. -anonymous source

All of this is certainly not an ideal situation but adversity is a part of any competitive game and I hope they line up Saturday and play with passion. I am interested to see how the team responds Saturday. If they come out and play well than I will be happy because this team has gone through more than enough setbacks this year. 

A Muss is more like a goulash or jambalaya (a little of this, a little of that, little structure, and everything doing it's own thing and tossed in a pot together) and a Bubba is more steak and potatoes. 

If I ordered and expected a "Muss" and got a "Bubba" I'd probably not be happy with it. 

But if I ordered a "Bubba" and got it ... mmmm, steak.  

• Upvote 1

We can safely say there was a good and a bad.  The WR position group meetings are 'much more enjoyable' and 'have some positivity and energy'. -anonymous source

That might be true in this case, but there have been far too many player defections to pawn it off on them being bad guys.

That might be true in this case, but there have been far too many player defections to pawn it off on them being bad guys.

People quit for a lot of different reasons.  Most are likely valid reasons but you do have situations like at least a player or two from last season that probably should have been removed from the team before they left anyway.  The guy I am thinking of doesn't seem to be doing all that well this season either.  The grass is always greener!

People quit for a lot of different reasons.  Most are likely valid reasons but you do have situations like at least a player or two from last season that probably should have been removed from the team before they left anyway.  The guy I am thinking of doesn't seem to be doing all that well this season either.  The grass is always greener!

Yeah, there is a certain receiver at Mankato that has yet to catch a pass this year....

• Upvote 1

OK so now can we all move on?  Let's support the many, many players who have chosen to be with the team and play for UND.  The returning players have dealt with many challenges over the past year...firing of their coaches, players leaving, the long drawn out hiring process, the unknowns of their new coaching staff until after returning from Christmas break, learning new playbooks, some changing positions, spring and fall ball, and now multiple injuries during the season. This has been a lot of disruption. 

Player changes happen when new coaches come in, bottom line.  I am now hoping that the players will "show" all the fans (and doubters) that they are here to play competitive football.  Will they win their last three game, I sure hope so but all season I have just wanted to see improvement, effort and competitive football.  You cannot rebuild a program overnight.  The player deflections and injuries have hurt the teams consistency this season but it is a building process and I have been pleased with the other players that have stepped up. 

Go UND!.  I will continue to be rooting them on every game!

• Upvote 2

This whole addition by subtraction thing is really getting annoying. I'm tired or seeing these talented kids leave this program. I know most weren't Bubbas recruits but when I saw that Dev was leaving the team already that really made me mad. Yeah I know he originally committed to Mussmans staff but he then recommitted to Bubbas. If it has to do with injury that's one thing but judging by his tweets he doesn't seem too disappointed with giving up football. I saw he retweeted Millers tweet saying that the EWU loss was the biggest in like 60 years or something. I just don't understand why the kids that were previously here don't like playing for Bubba. Is it too hard? I don't know but that's the end of my spiel.

I don't think UND has lost a Bubba recruit yet, has it? 

Just win.

Bubba gets a pass this year for obvious rebuilding reasons, but next year I expect a winning season due to a relatively easier conference schedule.

This patience bullsh*t is getting old. The only thing I read on blogs and in newspapers regarding UND football is "it will take time" this and "patience" that. Any successful college football program expects to win immediately; it's the name of the game. UND expected to win in DII, but now in DI FCS, UND is a bottom-half less-than-average football program and that should appall true UND supporters. The Montana's and NDSU's of the world aren't allowed three consecutive losing seasons.

• Upvote 1