SiouxSports.com Forum

Weber State @ UND

Cratter

Interesting twitter exchange going on between Tom Miller & Ferguson....

Tom Miller @tommillergf 3h3 hours ago

UND WRs Dev Ferguson (TFR) and Casey Young (JR) have left the program.
    0 replies 1 retweet 0 favorites

@dev_ferguson how so?

0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites

8:27 PM - 5 Nov 2014

And.............

UND football @UNDfootball 4h4 hours ago

Head coach Bubba Schweigert announced on Wednesday that wide receivers Dev Ferguson and Casey Young decided to leave the program #BigSkyFB
Expand Collapse 0 replies 1 retweet 4 favorites

VlOTx-Ev_bigger.jpegDevelyn Ferguson@dev_ferguson 30m30 minutes ago

@UNDfootball false

0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites

8:22 PM - 5 Nov 2014

Interesting twitter exchange going on between Tom Miller & Ferguson....

The official twitter handle for UND football declared that the two student-athletes have left the program.

Hope everything works out for them and for UND football in replacing them with more committed and more capable players.

Maybe Bubba was telling him he wasn't going to be needed anymore, and Ferguson said I'm out of here before it was official.    Maybe 2 different  interpretations.  Ferguson might of beat him to the punch and said you can't fire me, I quit.  Interesting to see how it came down.

This is apparently Bubba doing what he had said he was going to do. He only wants players in his program that really want to be here. Maybe Dev was doing things that Bubba didn't think showed a genuine interest in being a positive part of the team.

The original tweet from UND football said they "decided to leave the program"... Ferguson replied "false".... Looks like that tweet was deleted & the 2nd tweet from UND football came out saying Ferguson was dismissed.

Because it is so much better to have quit than to have been told to leave?? What looks better to DII or DIII coaches looking to add players that are drop downs? Simple question.

That exchange seems to show that UND FB was being polite by saying 'left', then Mr. Ferguson chimed in (spitefully) with "false", and now UND FB has decided to confirm Mr. Ferguson in that he didn't leave but was dismissed.

So, net effect: Instead of "left" as the story, Ferguson outed himself as having been dismissed. Not so bright, Dev. You just raised a red flag on yourself to other coaches.

• Upvote 1

My dad got us 2 tickets for the game from a guy he knows, I am looking forward to seeing Keaton in person and hopefully UND can pull out a victory and erase that thrashing last week in Cheney. No matter how bad UND is, I will always go to a game with my dad. Its things like that, that bring back memories of him taking me to games in the mid to late 80's when UND was on its rebuilding era, and in the end he was sitting next to me (along with my mom) watching UND beat the Bison in 1993 and end up winning a share of the NCC title for the first time since 1979 (before i went to any games). I think with those 2 players leaving Bubba is trying to do what he can to keep the team together and stronger. Something may have been said or done behind closed doors that we don't know about, but its better to stop the problem immediately before it has long term effects (the last 3 games, offseason, etc.).

If those comments are true you have to wonder what the mood of the locker room (players) is about the whole situation. 

If you tell a coach you are leaving after the season, why would he keep you around?  If I was another player, this would let me know that the coaching staff is again making decisions based on what is best for the team.  It would have been easy to keep around one of the best offensive players knowing he was leaving but whats the point.  Also, if he is leaving, why keep him around the locker room?

I have zero problem with the changes Bubba is making.

This is a plant that needs a lot of pruning because the entire thing has been dying.

As far as I'm concerned, Bubba can keep cutting until he thinks the diseased branches are all gone.

I have zero problem with the changes Bubba is making.

This is a plant that needs a lot of pruning because the entire thing has been dying.

As far as I'm concerned, Bubba can keep cutting until he thinks the diseased branches are all gone.

Yep.  The plant will produce fruit sooner with a good pruning.

I'm proud of Bubba's decision making.  Decisive.

When I first heard this story I wasn't sure who to be mad at.    As facts come out,  the  key point in all this is the fact that it was out there that the kid was going to leave the program.  Therefore I don't blame Bubba for what he did.  In fact it just convinces me Bubba is doing it the right way.  Considering our injury situation it would of been easy for Bubba to look the other way.  Go Bubba.

There's always a need to paint one side as the good guy in this stuff, and one party as the bad guy.

When a program is in transition like this, I don't think there is necessarily a good or bad guy.

Some parts just don't fit the new machine and it is time for both to move on.

There's always a need to paint one side as the good guy in this stuff, and one party as the bad guy.

When a program is in transition like this, I don't think there is necessarily a good or bad guy.

Some parts just don't fit the new machine and it is time for both to move on.

If I agree with something based upon the information I have it doesn't make me think one side is good and the other bad.