SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Beavers - FRIDAY

AZSIOUX

What I can't possibly fathom is, with all of the supposed "competition" on this team to get in the lineup, how in God's name do you get a game like tonight?   I say change out every last guy who did not play tonight for someone who did.  Send a message.

the only upside to tonight was having a red pepper grinder and not having to wait in line at all for it.

For me, the only upside is that it can't get any worse.  Lay a giant egg to start the season against a mediocre team.  The future can only get better, right?

O.k., only first game, but when you go out of your way in every interview to say that your whole focus is getting out of the gates we'll this year, and that is the effort you get in game one -- we'll, it's frustrating. When Pattyn said their goal is to win every game, I thought for a minute it might not be lip service. No more talk, need some first half success, starting tomorrow. Let's keep guys that give maximum effort like St. Clair, in the lineup. Having a veteran team with a preseason game under their belt against a less experienced team playing their first game should have resulted in a competitive game. Get after it in Bemidji, and carry it into the first league series then crucial games against Providence. Dixon Ward's team must not have been impressed with Sioux hockey, maybe the tour of the updates of the facility, but not the on ice performance. O.k., so get a good road win, and start from scratch, after all a road non-conference carries more weight. Right?

I would think we see lots of changes in the lineup tomorrow here is my guess:

Caggiula-MacMillan-Schmaltz

Simonson-Johnson-Parks

Pattyn-Gaarder-Panzarella

Olson-St.Clair-Poganski

Thompson-Schmaltz

Mattson-LaDue

Ausmus-Poolman

McIntyre

No way Poganski plays before Chyzyk. Bryn made some poor plays but IMO he played w the most speed and jump of akmost any forward.

I never thought game two of the season would be gut check time but that's what it sounds like. I learned the hard way a very long time ago not to get too caught up in the quotes of the players in the sports section the week leading up to a series. I'm sorry you guys had to witness a tough loss.

Though  it was a loooong stretch, I was hoping the team would come out in the 3rd and salvage some respectability.

Then they came on the ice and goalie C. Johnson had his stick checked out of his hand by a cheerleader waving the pom poms.....

It really did not get better, but that spelled doom for me.

That was one hard game to watch. Felt almost as bad as the BC loss in Denver I also witnessed.

Hak should show up to the rink tomorrow with an old beater yellow bus and tell the boys to load up and check your phones, iPads, etc. at the door. No talking for two hours on the road! Now that would be a great article to print!

Actually, they're already in Bemidji. 

You can't coach effort but you can play the right players that will bring effort always like St Clair. It just baffles me that he wasn't in. I don't know a player that plays harder than St Clair does.

So, if St. Clair plays, this game turns into a UND win?

While I would assume we'll see St. Clair tomorrow night (among a few roster changes I would guess), Hakstol's selections for the roster tonight wouldn't be what I would call "outcoached".  It was the first game of the season...all the coaching staff had to go off of was the exhibition win, which is a small sample size and showed a performance where most players brought a good intensity level (against subpar competition).

How so? Please explain.

You can't coach effort.

But you can have your team "ready to play"... this team wasn't even close to being ready to go at 737. That is on the coaching staff...the lack to effort thereafter...on the players.

First loss to the BSU at home in.......44 years.

Nothing like getting licked by the Beavers...oh wait...shouldn't it be..........

• Upvote 3