SiouxSports.com Forum

UND at NDSU 2015 pregame thread (no smack)

geaux_sioux

More importantly how do you figure you "almost" beat Montana State? That was a 26-7 game at halftime and got to within 11 points very late in the game. That is not an almost win where I come from.

As for the Montana game they didn't have their best offensive player and QB for a good chunk of the game.

Stop drinking the koolaid. U

More importantly how do you figure you "almost" beat Montana State? That was a 26-7 game at halftime and got to within 11 points very late in the game. That is not an almost win where I come from.

As for the Montana game they didn't have their best offensive player and QB for a good chunk of the game.

Look son, if you want to flap your gums about how NDSU will be untouchable next year and beyond, go back to Bisonville.  You should concern yourself with SIU and Dale Lennon, not what we are or aren't doing in Grand Forks.

Beat it troll. :angry:

• Upvote 1

Cause UND knocked him out. You sound a bit worried, especially with your coach telling everyone flat out that NDSU is going to lose games.

"Their best player" only completed 7 of 14 passes and got sacked twice....

In the Montana State game, UND gave MSU 7 points in the 2nd qtr off a pick 6 and fumbled the ball away on the 10 yard line or so. Also, they missed a chip shot field goal. Game easily could have been less than a one score game or so at halftime. Also, UND held MSU to 3 points in the second half.

Montana has a bunch of talent. Their running game was unscathed and UND shut it down. As for their defense, UND moved the ball well at times and could've beat them if only one of the following happened: didn't fumble at the Montana 3, didn't have 2 poor snaps (1 resulting in a safety), or didn't have the last minute field goal blocked.

Point is, these are not moral victories, but rather indicators of what Bubba has done with a team that got blown out against Montana State and Montana last year at home. UND has improved and it all has happened with Mussman's recruits in the first half of the season.

Also, no one is dwelling off of the last two games. Rather, we have moved on and are excited for what UND can do the remainder of the season. That is a telltale sign that fans are impressed with the capability of this team and not stuck on some made-up moral victories of the past. 

UND is on the rise whether or not you want to admit it.

It's guys like him that make it SO much more enjoyable when we beat the tractor crossing college.  Graduating in 2011 he has only been a Bison fan when they were on top, he'll realize that at some point the tide will swing.  I wonder if he will be coming to our site cocking off when that happens.

It's guys like him that make it SO much more enjoyable when we beat the tractor crossing college.  Graduating in 2011 he has only been a Bison fan when they were on top, he'll realize that at some point the tide will swing.  I wonder if he will be coming to our site cocking off when that happens.

Guessing he was there in 08 and 09...

Nice to have so many FU trolls that they can vouch for each other. Geez now we've got another twenty-something FU troll with time on his hands - I now have 2 pages of FU trolls on ignore. It is hard to believe there isn't something more usetul to spend time on then another team's fan site prowling all day - something lacking in an FU education it appears.  

Geau Sioux - I am not calling you out - just wondering what did you think the odds were that this thread wasn't going to become a playground for FU trolls (for an entire year)?

Nice to have so many FU trolls that they can vouch for each other. Geez now we've got another twenty-something FU troll with time on his hands - I now have 2 pages of FU trolls on ignore. It is hard to believe there isn't something more usetul to spend time on then another team's fan site prowling all day - something lacking in an FU education it appears.

Geau Sioux - I am not calling you out - just wondering what did you think the odds were that this thread wasn't going to become a playground for FU trolls (for an entire year)?

The title was sarcastic. It's like trying to waterproof a basement.

I think I missed one home game in 2008. 2009 I attended all of them.

2008 NDSU started ranked top 5 in the FCS if I am not mistaken. Injuries devastated that team. 2009 was a year with a new D coordinator trying to run a system that did not fit NDSU and had personnel issues with the shoplifters. I guess I never thought the down year would last long once Bohl cleaned house, which it did not.

I think I missed one home game in 2008. 2009 I attended all of them.

2008 NDSU started ranked top 5 in the FCS if I am not mistaken. Injuries devastated that team. 2009 was a year with a new D coordinator trying to run a system that did not fit NDSU and had personnel issues with the shoplifters. I guess I never thought the down year would last long once Bohl cleaned house, which it did not.

Let me get this straight. Bohl cleaned house of the shoplifters, but to win he allowed the drunken fighters/police flee'ers/fraudulent petitioners play?

Simmons wrecked a shoulder early on. Shaugabay got hurt after that. 

That left it down to a smallish senior (Garman) and a converted LB (Norberg) who played FB in HS. 

There's a very good chance that the #1 RB in September 2015 may not be on the roster today.

Simmons wrecked a shoulder early on. Shaugabay got hurt after that. 

That left it down to a smallish senior (Garman) and a converted LB (Norberg) who played FB in HS. 

There's a very good chance that the #1 RB in September 2015 may not be on the roster today.

Unless there's a really good incoming transfer, I think Oliveira may be the guy next year. He's listed at 5'10", 220 right now, and reportedly has above-average FCS running back speed, as well. But obviously it would be extremely unusual for UND to have a true freshman starting running back, so who knows.

Unless there's a really good incoming transfer, I think Oliveira may be the guy next year. He's listed at 5'10", 220 right now, and reportedly has above-average FCS running back speed, as well. But obviously it would be extremely unusual for UND to have a true freshman starting running back, so who knows.

That kid is a beast. He's not built like a HS sr.

• 3 weeks later...

Can't believe I missed this thread!  My goodness; great work geaux_sioux.  (mirroring your excellent thread on Bisonville)

I am very glad the game is happening to show just how far apart the programs are, plus, we needed a home game, and you guys are getting paid basically nothing and basically getting no tickets.  Win, win, win.  And this is not smack, but reality.