SiouxSports.com Forum

Week 3: UND @ Missouri St. Bears

homer

Honestly, did anyone think we were going to end the season with 5 wins or even 4 wins?  Bubba was hired late, pulled off a miracle in my mind to gather 20+ kids to the team, and he is creating a behavioral and expectation shift on a team that has been mediocre at best the last 5 years.  I couldn't care less what this year ends up being as it's a step forward, however small, towards the bigger goal of 3-4 years later having a playoff team.

• Upvote 1

Jer Garman listed as the starting RB with Shaugabay as the backup.

Casey Young no longer listed on the 2-deep, Dev Ferguson instead listed as the backup at two different WR positions.

Shea Walker returns and is listed as backup NG.

Cole Reyes not listed at all.  Carr and James listed as starters at the safety position.

Jer Garman listed as the starting RB with Shaugabay as the backup.

Casey Young no longer listed on the 2-deep, Dev Ferguson instead listed as the backup at two different WR positions.

Shea Walker returns and is listed as backup NG.

Cole Reyes not listed at all.  Carr and James listed as starters at the safety position.

What the actual hell - boy are we going to "pound the rock" again

Do the UND fans declare the home of the "Sioux" at away football games?

It would be cool to christen the new stadium with that declaration.

If they do I can razz my good friend who is the park-n-rec director for the city and his daughter is a freshmen there.  He has made fun of our name issues and razzed me about it for years.

If they do I can razz my good friend who is the park-n-rec director for the city and his daughter is a freshmen there.  He has made fun of our name issues and razzed me about it for years.

I always chuckle a bit when fans of teams with such original names (Bears) make fun of the Sioux name  ;)

If they do I can razz my good friend who is the park-n-rec director for the city and his daughter is a freshmen there. He has made fun of our name issues and razzed me about it for years.

Dude, this is TOO easy. Nevermind the nickname issue...maybe you can mention to your friend that UND was never known as "Northeastern North Dakota University" before suddenly deciding to ditch the NE part.

Missouri St newly renovated their field. What makes me kind of mad is that in the 40 Memorial was a fine, large stadium. The Alerus is hardly an bigger. Missouri St has gone from a stadium of 8500 in the 40s to a 17500 now. How does Missouri St have a bigger stadium than us? They have 0 championships of any kind, conference, bowl, national. None. Yet they have a stadium that seats 5000 more than ours....

• Upvote 2

Missouri St newly renovated their field. What makes me kind of mad is that in the 40 Memorial was a fine, large stadium. The Alerus is hardly an bigger. Missouri St has gone from a stadium of 8500 in the 40s to a 17500 now. How does Missouri St have a bigger stadium than us? They have 0 championships of any kind, conference, bowl, national. None. Yet they have a stadium that seats 5000 more than ours....

Being located in Springfield, MO, a city with a metro population over 430,000, certainly can't hurt.

Springfield MO is over twice the size of GF...that helps.

EDIT:  UNDBIZ beat me to the punch.

I wouldn't worry about attendance capabilities until the Alerus is consistently hosting over 12,000 per football game. When that time comes, then it is time to talk renovations.

• Upvote 2

I wouldn't worry about attendance capabilities until the Alerus is consistently hosting over 12,000 per football game. When that time comes, then it is time to talk renovations.

Plus how many times did we sellout Memorial Stadium outside of NDSU? So upgrading from 10k to 13,500 and still in DII is what was needed.

Clemson SC?

2 hours from Atlanta, Columbia, and Charlotte makes for a pretty easy drive for alumni, of which Clemson has more than UND.  Also, they have several Grand Forks sized towns within 60 miles.  UND should need a bigger stadium eventually; however, we've been in the Alerus for over a decade and it has suited us fine in that time.  It was built by the city, rather than UND, and the city can't get any concerts to fill it.  It's big enough, for now.

Obviously, our performance against Robert Morris doesn't really instill a great deal of optimism regarding the outcome of this game against Missouri St.  Having said that, it seems some people view the Bears as some sort of top echelon FCS program, when in fact they've had 4 consecutive losing seasons and only 3 winning seasons in the last 10.  I don't think they'd even be considered a "middle-of-the-pack" MVFC team. 

This is the type of game that I expect North Dakota to win, whether we are up or down. 

Obviously, our performance against Robert Morris doesn't really instill a great deal of optimism regarding the outcome of this game against Missouri St.  Having said that, it seems some people view the Bears as some sort of top echelon FCS program, when in fact they've had 4 consecutive losing seasons and only 3 winning seasons in the last 10.  I don't think they'd even be considered a "middle-of-the-pack" MVFC team. 

This is the type of game that I expect North Dakota to win, whether we are up or down. 

plus bubba knows southeastern missouri state pretty well but if he's gonna be stubborn and start jer again i'm questioning some things right now

I don't care who "starts," as long as the better player gets more (a lot more) touches.

i know one play doesn't change a game normally but when jer almost had his head taken off on his first carry again san jose it really gets the other team jacked up and teeing off and so far jer has shown NOTHING