SiouxSports.com Forum

Week 3: UND @ Missouri St. Bears

homer

Watching the first couple games, this team is playing with more energy and effort than any point in the last couple years. That is very easy to see from the stands. Now its the little things to keep getting better, not getting reached or hooked up front and making the proper reads. Our rush defense doesn't get pushed around, it has just been a step slow and guys are just not getting into position. That stuff is hopefully corrected as guys get experience.

This will be a game that will be a big test and I'm looking forward to it. Also, #94 is fun to watch. Him and #20 definately lead by example and play with a ton of energy that rubs off on these young guys. We have been missing that for a while. I'm glad they are both in green.

Absolutely, all 3 FBS transfers have contributed both passion and ability thus far. Although high school recruiting is most important, adding a couple FBS transfers every season should be a goal for awhile. This team needs as much immediate ability as it can get; waiting 4 years for a finished product like some people expect is absolute bullsh*t and laziness.
  • Upvote 2

Absolutely, all 3 FBS transfers have contributed both passion and ability thus far. Although high school recruiting is most important, adding a couple FBS transfers every season should be a goal for awhile. This team needs as much immediate ability as it can get; waiting 4 years for a finished product like some people expect is absolute bullsh*t and laziness.

Plus the FBS transfers can help the freshman along the way like an extra coach. Anything to get the players better and being a team helps.

3 takeaways, TFL's, blocked FG's, etc. ... How many 3 and outs did we have and our D held there own; ... 

Those are the first steps back from deep dark hole.

I enjoyed seeing a defense that was out there tackling and having fun. 

I was having flashbacks to the Lennon-era where the offense would go flat and the defense was the only thing keeping UND in the game. 

Those are the first steps back from deep dark hole.

I enjoyed seeing a defense that was out there tackling and having fun.

I was having flashbacks to the Lennon-era where the offense would go flat and the defense was the only thing keeping UND in the game.

I was thinking back to 2009 and 2010. Offense wasn't good but defense was okay. We went to Missoula and lost by 10.

Once again, tough game. With what almost everybody says here, this will be a coaching game because we have no talent.

Some people measure talent based on size and speed, which, of course, is extremely important. But only a few can see the fight and passion a player has.

Yes the D is undersized at the line, yes our D as whole lacked a little. And yes, Ratelle is playing good ball. But how about the ba!!$ and freakin heart that d had. 3 takeaways, TFL's, blocked FG's, etc. yes RMU rushed for over 200 yards, yes the had more first downs, more passing yards and more TOP. How many 3 and outs did we have and our D held there own; balls and heart got it done. Bent but didn't break. IMO, those attributes are being instilled. Changing the mindset of some of these student athletes. That is where the wining starts.

GOOOO MOTHER F-ING SIOOOUUUXXX!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't disagree with the heart and lack of breaking on the part of the d. They believe they can be very good. If they clean up the opening drives of each half against RMU we shut them out. They still can't allow 200 yards on the ground though, that can't happen against a legit team.

A win is a win. That brings confidence. Lets see how we respond. Should we have scored more? Should we be in such a tight game with RMU? Answer to both is NOOOOOO. But you know what, we are getting better. I really believe Bubba, "Day by Day".

BTW, Auburn 59 SJSU 13

not saying that starting adam we are gonna win ten games but what if on some plays in the last two games everyone does what they are supposed to do and the running lane is there but instead the running back goes left for the hand off instead of right or the running back sees the hole and is either too slow or pussy footing around and gets tackeled for a loss?  what if the running back takes the hand hand off and hits that hole fast and hard and gets a first down or breaks a long one?  could be the difference between a loss and win and i'm hoping adam gets a few more chances to see if can get it done?

not saying that starting adam we are gonna win ten games but what if on some plays in the last two games everyone does what they are supposed to do and the running lane is there but instead the running back goes left for the hand off instead of right or the running back sees the hole and is either too slow or pussy footing around and gets tackeled for a loss?  what if the running back takes the hand hand off and hits that hole fast and hard and gets a first down or breaks a long one?  could be the difference between a loss and win and i'm hoping adam gets a few more chances to see if can get it done?

Sentence structure. Try it sometime.

Jokes aside, the MSU game worries me this year and we got them at home!! This will be a tough test for you guys.

I am worried about their QB. Also I think they're going to end up a lot better than last year. They will be good.

Yeah, I see there QB throws it pretty efficiently and he is their second leading rusher, having nearly as many carries as their top RB.  Should be quite the challenge.  Need to keep him in check.

I don't see this one being close.  If UND gets a couple of opportune turnovers and capitalizes when they get opportunities, maybe they can stay in this one.  But realistically, I see Missouri State by three scores.   As always, I hope I'm wrong.

I agree, and also hope I am wrong.

Bold prediction. Shaugs will have 100+ rushing yards.

Not why sure he keeps getting pasted over for carries especially last year and so far this year.  He might bust one to 70+ but at least he'll get small chuncks, move the pile forward and hopefully move the chains on occasion.

#daybydayandbitbybit

Not why sure he keeps getting past over for carries especially last year and so far this year.  He might bust one to 70+ but at least he'll get small chuncks, move the pile forward and hopefully move the chains on occasion.

#daybydayandbitbybit

#yardbyyard

Anyway to watch this game? Webcast?

Posted Yesterday, 03:18 PM

There is a web stream available through the Missouri State website via a company similar to Neulion called College Sports Live. $9.95 for a monthly pass. 

*If you buy the month pass you can watch plenty of other colleges who subscribe to this service.