SiouxSports.com Forum

FBS games

darell1976

7 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Yes. A 2 loss Alabama team does NOT belong ahead of a 1 loss TCU team.

I think the field looks like this:

1. Georgia, 2. Michigan, 3. TCU, 4. Ohio State

Agree. I think 3&4 could be I interchangeable, but good to avoid that OSU-UM rematch right away.  

17 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Yes. A 2 loss Alabama team does NOT belong ahead of a 1 loss TCU team.

I think the field looks like this:

1. Georgia, 2. Michigan, 3. TCU, 4. Ohio State

If Bama gets in at #4 I'm done watching FBS FB.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

TCU beats Michigan in CFP Semifinal #1. Now we'll be spared having to listen to "Hail to the victors" 100 times in the title game.

Georgia is now playing Ohio State in CFP Semifinal #2.

I am picking Georgia to win tonight AND in the CFP championship game.

This was a massive vindication for TCU being in.  That whole "They don't belong and Bama should be in, instead" was stupid.  

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

It was.  The playcalling was very suspect on those last two plays.  They did not need to throw it.  Run the ball... twice.

QB draw anyone?

Tough situation because they ran it before those last two plays and lost a yard. I agree though, they should have tried going back to it because they had the timeouts. They had some success running with Stroud so it would have made sense to go with that.

11 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

It was.  The playcalling was very suspect on those last two plays.  They did not need to throw it.  Run the ball... twice.

QB draw anyone?

Their success came through the air all night or with Stroud scrambling. I hated the 1st down run because it is easy for Georgia to see coming. Ohio State had been using their h-back as the RB on the final drive for blocking and brought in their RB for that play, they were also down to their 3rd RB. I was looking for the slip screen that they have success with. The three huge plays/moments in that game for me were Ohio State TE just moving forward for a illegal shift when they picked up the 4th and 1 from their own 35ish and having to punt instead, Smart being granted the timeout to negate the Ohio State fake punt, and Harrison getting knocked out of the game in the 3rd quarter.

41 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Their success came through the air all night or with Stroud scrambling. I hated the 1st down run because it is easy for Georgia to see coming. Ohio State had been using their h-back as the RB on the final drive for blocking and brought in their RB for that play, they were also down to their 3rd RB. I was looking for the slip screen that they have success with. The three huge plays/moments in that game for me were Ohio State TE just moving forward for a illegal shift when they picked up the 4th and 1 from their own 35ish and having to punt instead, Smart being granted the timeout to negate the Ohio State fake punt, and Harrison getting knocked out of the game in the 3rd quarter.

It would have been just as easy to tell CJ to just run the ball himself 3 times.  That first pass he threw nearly got picked off and he nearly got sacked on the 2nd one. 

6 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

It would have been just as easy to tell CJ to just run the ball himself 3 times.  That first pass he threw nearly got picked off and he nearly got sacked on the 2nd one. 

True although he hadn't really ran at all coming into the game yesterday which was something that frustrated Ohio State fans. The first pass went right off that WRs hands and almost got picked, guy has to catch that.

• 2 weeks later...