SiouxSports.com Forum

Adidas deal in the works?

geaux_sioux

Nice NCIS reference ...

Does anyone know if there is a image of what these uniforms may look like. Alot of the recruits were tweeting about the uniforms looking really cool. It would be nice to see them.

I got a peek last night, only a photo......the schockweb Adidas is top of the line, really nice stuff.  The players were fitted and it will actually make us a better team(opponents won't be able to grab jersey) they fit that tight.  I didn't get a look at the green pants, though.

I got a peek last night, only a photo......the schockweb Adidas is top of the line, really nice stuff.  The players were fitted and it will actually make us a better team(opponents won't be able to grab jersey) they fit that tight.  I didn't get a look at the green pants, though.

Are they a true "Kelly green"??? & hopefully not similar to that faded-out green of the currents nike unis.  Were they strictly green & white or have some colored trim/accents??? Hopefully black accents as I like the look of our green helmets & black facemasks.

Are they a true "Kelly green"??? & hopefully not similar to that faded-out green of the currents nike unis.  Were they strictly green & white or have some colored trim/accents??? Hopefully black accents as I like the look of our green helmets & black facemasks.

Kind of Kelly green.......not sure how a photo translates to the actual jersey.  I'll say a nice shade of green with some white and black short stripes on the sleeves (not around the sleeves, vertical).  Then the white ones have green and black short vertical stripes on sleeves, just going off memory.

Kind of Kelly green.......not sure how a photo translates to the actual jersey.  I'll say a nice shade of green with some white and black short stripes on the sleeves (not around the sleeves, vertical).  Then the white ones have green and black short vertical stripes on sleeves, just going off memory.

Thanks for the info

So dagies gets closer and closer to his wish ... 

Ok, so here's an idea.

IMO, the best logos are simple.  For example, I think the Vikings have the best helmet in the NFL.   Simple and straight forward.  It's easily recognizable from a distance as well as still looks good close up.

So, how about taking on the nickname of the "Black Stripes"?   We're all familiar with the little black rectangle (censor bars) that censors out sensitive body parts on tv.

Well, the NCAA censored UND's nickname.  So we stick a simple black stripe on our football helmets and across the front of our hockey jerseys.  Call ourselves the "Black Stripes" (hey, really think the "Red Sox" was all that cool when it was first proposed?).

Simple, easy to recognize, unique, pokes a bit of a finger at the NCAA, non-offensive......

:D

Was listening to Hennessy this morning and they had De Rouen and Cashman from the basketball team on. De Rouen took a shot at Adidas saying he would never wear them again because he had too many injuries with them.

Good lord...

Coming from a player that averages, what, 2 or 3 ppg. I'm sure Michigan, Kansas, Wisconsin, and Louisville, just to name a few, are all doing poor on the court as well because of Adidas. Give me a break. Jones and his club are so lost it's not even funny.

• Upvote 1

Was listening to Hennessy this morning and they had De Rouen and Cashman from the basketball team on. De Rouen took a shot at Adidas saying he would never wear them again because he had too many injuries with them.

Just wonderful.  I didn't hear it and I will continue to give Jones the benefit of the doubt on the court this year but that is the kind of stuff that is not acceptable when UND is trying to form a partnership that will benefit the entire athletic department, assuming it came across on the air the way it reads on here.

LOLOLOLOL!  You gotta be f'in kidding me with these guys.  A team with an 8-13 record is dictating what type of shoes and apparel they will wear.  You cannot make it up.  

How in the hell could Rick Pitino possibly win a national championship at Louisville when his players were wearing such inferior gear?

Jones was on also talking about how young they are and how people deserve second chances.

Didn't hear him bash Adidas but sound like he thinks his crap don't stink

De roun at least plays hard and just balls.

Yeah, people don't deserve second chances.   You should have been off this board a long time ago.   Why the administrators saw fit to give you a second chance is beyond me.  Given the second chance, you still rehash the same tired refrain. 

Jones was on also talking about how young they are and how people deserve second chances.

3 seniors, 4 juniors and 1 sophomore in the 10 man rotation.  That is not "young".  Some might be new but they aren't young.  

UND men's basketball won't get anywhere with Jones at the helm. I understand people want to let him coach this year and next just for continuity and fairness, but the inevitable is the inevitable. The guy just can't get it done here at UND.

The lad needs a sports psychologist more than new apparel if he believes a logo on a shirt caused him injuries. 

• Upvote 1

The lad needs a sports psychologist more than new apparel if he believes a logo on a shirt caused him injuries. 

It just shows how delusional the program is right now.  They as a team, including their head coach, honestly think the brand of clothing they wear matters.  It is embarrassing.  

It just shows how delusional the program is right now. They as a team, including their head coach, honestly think the brand of clothing they wear matters. It is embarrassing.

And yet people think UND men's basketball is on the right track...

Of course, many said the same for UND football following the 2012 season.

And yet people think UND men's basketball is on the right track...

Of course, many said the same for UND football following the 2012 season.

Fortunately for football, the HC realizes the state of the program and is focusing on things that matter.  player grades, getting out and supporting university activities, recruiting in ND/MN, engaging alumni, and so on.  Whatever logo is on the uniform/shoes is indifferent to the football program.  

Yeah, people don't deserve second chances. You should have been off this board a long time ago. Why the administrators saw fit to give you a second chance is beyond me. Given the second chance, you still rehash the same tired refrain.

I also belive people need 2nd chances

I was just paraphrasing what jonesy said.

They basically can't win games because of the uni

I also belive people need 2nd chances

I was just paraphrasing what jonesy said.

They basically can't win games because of the uni

No, they have Nike right now and are 8-13.  Can you imagine if Faison forced them to wear Adidas?  They would be 0-21.   :p

• Upvote 2