SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2014-15 season

Frozen4sioux

Hey Goon, quick change of topic. Is there any way you could use some of your connections to get the pre-game opening video uploaded onto YouTube?

I thought I read on here a while back that there is no chance they would upload these types of videos to YouTube because it is part of the in-arena game experience for ticket holders.

• 3 weeks later...

The bright spot out of all this is this team had great depth.  And we have seen it this year looking at the scoring chart.  Guys will need to step up even more now with these injuries.  It will make them better and when the guys do come back, the team will be that much better.  Just trying to put a silver lining on the whole ordeal!!

The bright spot out of all this is this team had great depth.  And we have seen it this year looking at the scoring chart.  Guys will need to step up even more now with these injuries.  It will make them better and when the guys do come back, the team will be that much better.  Just trying to put a silver lining on the whole ordeal!!

That's what I was trying to do too.  I believe this weekend will be an important test. We have much more depth than in 10-11 but we'll see how much our guys can step up.  It is encouraging that the guy stepping into consistent playing time is Trevor Olson.  I think he has tremendous upside.

That's what I was trying to do too.  I believe this weekend will be an important test. We have much more depth than in 10-11 but we'll see how much our guys can step up.  It is encouraging that the guy stepping into consistent playing time is Trevor Olson.  I think he has tremendous upside.

I'm going to have to disagree with you here. That season we had Dillon Simpson and Joe Gleason as our 7th and 8th Dmen and Cichy and Bruneteau as extra forwards who all played vital roles throughout the season due to injury. I guess maybe our D core has similar depth but the forward group is by no means as talented or as deep. Kristo and Nelson were on the 3rd line that year.

Shyt

@SchlossmanGF: UND coach Dave Hakstol says Nick Schmaltz is out indefinitely with an undisclosed injury.

Always a big hole when a player with skill like Nick can't play but the depth on this team is one of its biggest strengths and I'd think Olson will probably be the one in for Schmaltz and he has been playing pretty good when he is in the lineup. 

The start of this season was comparable to the record of the 10-11 season.  Now it's starting to be similar in the injury department.

I'm going to have to disagree with you here. That season we had Dillon Simpson and Joe Gleason as our 7th and 8th Dmen and Cichy and Bruneteau as extra forwards who all played vital roles throughout the season due to injury. I guess maybe our D core has similar depth but the forward group is by no means as talented or as deep. Kristo and Nelson were on the 3rd line that year.

Are we all on the same page as far as the year? 10-11 was our run to Four against Michigan. Did we have a lot of injuries that year? When I think of injuries, I think of the 11-12 team that was skating Senkbeil as a forward and beat Minny with the timeout in the WCHA semis. We were skating 11 forwards for a lot of the second half. OD, Rodwell, Rocco all missed a lot of time.

No way does this team have the depth of 10-11, but I think it has better depth than the injury riddled 11-12 team.

Are we all on the same page as far as the year? 10-11 was our run to Four against Michigan. Did we have a lot of injuries that year? When I think of injuries, I think of the 11-12 team that was skating Senkbeil as a forward and beat Minny with the timeout in the WCHA semis. We were skating 11 forwards for a lot of the second half. OD, Rodwell, Rocco all missed a lot of time.

No way does this team have the depth of 10-11, but I think it has better depth than the injury riddled 11-12 team.

Whoops, I meant the 11-12 team. Not sure why I got those confused, I need caffeine.

Always a big hole when a player with skill like Nick can't play but the depth on this team is one of its biggest strengths and I'd think Olson will probably be the one in for Schmaltz and he has been playing pretty good when he is in the lineup.

Just as long as Olson only pushes players and doesnt lay any big clean hits on them so he doesnt go to the box

One possibility is Mark MacMillan. He is skating again and he did practice today. That doesn’t necessarily mean he’s going to play on Friday, but I believe there is at least a chance. MacMillan has been out for the last four games with a wrist injury.

Paul LaDue also was at practice today, but didn’t do a whole lot. He sustained a leg injury Friday against Wisconsin and did not play Saturday. UND has a deep and experienced defensive corps that can help replace LaDue if he cannot go again this weekend.

That's from Schloss' blog.

Good to hear that Mac is skating/practicing again.

Schmaltz out indefinitely with an arm injury?  WTF...what kind of arm injury is indefinite?  indefinite sounds like nerve, tendon, or ligament damage...a break is definite...

That's what I was thinking.  I also don't remember him missing any time on Saturday.