SiouxSports.com Forum

FROZEN FACEOFF - Sioux vs Miami Friday

AZSIOUX

UND hasn't looked good the past two weeks at home against bad teams. Miami impressed me at SCSU especially offensively. Honestly I think Miami wins. I just dont think UND can keep up with a talented offense like Miami's when they're clicking the way they were in St Cloud. At least not this years UND team. Just not enough scorers.

UND hasn't looked good the past two weeks at home against bad teams. Miami impressed me at SCSU especially offensively. Honestly I think Miami wins. I just dont think UND can keep up with a talented offense like Miami's when they're clicking the way they were in St Cloud. At least not this years UND team. Just not enough scorers.

That's not an unfair assessment, but hopefully it won't turn out that way. Both teams are fighting for their tournament lives, so it will be interesting.

I'm shocked of your opinion.

It's always nice when Gopher fanboys come in and watch UND games!!

Miami got extremely healthy at the end of the season. There were some key players that made it back and I believe goaltender was one of them. Don't overlook this team at all.

Goaltender? I've seen Miami use 2 goaltenders all year and they were the same 2 all 4 times I saw them play.

Miami got extremely healthy at the end of the season. There were some key players that made it back and I believe goaltender was one of them. Don't overlook this team at all.

They are still missing 2 D men. I like our chances.

....and you're a troll. Real hockey fans know what type of Miami is....trolls go to their rivals website and post things like you do.

Goaltender? I've seen Miami use 2 goaltenders all year and they were the same 2 all 4 times I saw them play.

McKay (I believe) is a solid goalie....their team has simply had such bad luck this year. Losing can get contagious. I think Miami is a very solid team, und has to play a full 60 this Friday.

I do see you were talking about injuries....McKay was not one of them.

Miami probably had their best weekend of the year against Clown College to make the Frozen face off. They beat Jan Brady 3 of 4 this year. UND beat Miami 3 of 4 this year. Maybe it's a little bit about who's hot and a little about matchups. Either way, UND will show up...Unlike the Gofers against Michigan on Saturday. :)

you're right, Miami is hot but you wouldn't have said that 3 weeks ago. Yes things can change quickly but they also beat a team that was very human down the stretch. The team with no offense hung 5 against them in their own building two weeks ago. it's been a weird year and nothing will surprise me next weekend.

also, WMU and CC aren't playing 'bad' hockey at this time of year.

I don't see Miami as a hot team. Yes they beat SCSU twice (by one goal each time) last weekend, but they are 4-8 in their last 12 games. As long as the Sioux play a 60 minute game, they win.

UND is 4-3 in last 7...but to your points above I agree.

"They are who we thought they were..."

• Upvote 1

Some of you are a bit thin skinned. It was just my honest opinion. If I thought UND would win I would honestly say so. I realize Im basing my prediction on a small sample size of last weekend but Miami's offense was really clicking and that could cause problems for UND. I certainly wasn't trolling with my post. Honestly I couldn't care less who wins.

Some of you are a bit thin skinned. It was just my honest opinion. If I thought UND would win I would honestly say so. I realize Im basing my prediction on a small sample size of last weekend but Miami's offense was really clicking and that could cause problems for UND. I certainly wasn't trolling with my post. Honestly I couldn't care less who wins.

I've never known you to troll in my years on this site.

Miami does have more firepower up front, but UND doesn't play run and gun this year- due to, as you stated, a lack of upfront firepower.

Miami is weak in the dzone, so a grinding, cycling approach can really exacerbate that.

Gotta attack, not defend, and attack in the right way.

I'll be honest, everything is bonus hockey right now. This is not the Parise team, its not the DOT team, its not the Pony Express team- this team is a pair of top end players shy of a "normal" Sioux team.

Its playoff hockey- all bets are off-

UND's biggest weakness this year is the pp and that lack of a top end scoring line

It's a fair assessment. Miami will certainly not be a pushover. I think if North Dakota comes out with the intensity they did to start the game on Sunday, the Sioux will advance. I don't see it being a 9-2 game, but probably a 1-2 goal game similar to how the Sunday game vs. CC went down. If they come out and get down early like they did on Friday and Saturday, I think Miami will win. In other words, I think North Dakota controls their outcome. If the Sioux play their game, they will win. Simply put, North Dakota is a better team than Miami. However, that doesn't mean that they don't have to show up and skate for a full 60 (or more if required).

That being said, my guess is that if I were to go over to GPL and say I think the Gophers would lose their semifinal in the B1G tournament and flame out in the First Round of the NCAA Tournament based on their Saturday performance against Michigan, there would be a lot of "thin skinned" Gopher fans criticizing me for being a troll...even though that may be my honest opinion.

Also, my guess is that you would prefer Miami to beat North Dakota...just like I would prefer Ohio State to beat Minnesota...even though I couldn't care less who wins the B1G. :)

I think Oxbow went with 4-3 the last 7 because UND has been barely a .500 team the last 3 weekends. Before that they were really playing their best hockey. The last two wins against UMD and the Friday game against Clown College was as good as I've seen them play all year. If they can ramp their game back to that level, they will definitely be a tough team to beat.

On big ice. When they don't get the openings, and get hit, what happens? They finish last in the league.

Hopefully, the Sioux will show them the door Friday, and we'll all set up for next weekend's regional.

• Upvote 1

Funny how?? Factual...how bout 9-4 in last 13. Better??

The guy making his case that the Sioux are better than Miami used A 12 game record of Miami of 4-8. You came back with the last 7, to suggest the Sioux havent been doing much better. To have a fair comparison wouldn't you use the Sioux's last 12? Which is 8-4? 8-4 is better than 4-8. Not that it matters now, but just sayin...

I'm just agreeing with the other guy that the Sioux (should) match up good with miami. Comparing record to record enforces that OPINION.