SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

http://siouxfb.areavoices.com/2015/06/02/early-summer-tidbits/

SFI mentions Josh Parks (Gophers) being a transfer RB target.  Appears he'd still have 4 years eligibility.  Anyone know, did Muss try to recruit him in Fall 2013?  Or the new staff that January?

He was all set to visit UND but I believe UND cancelled before the visit.  I believe the staff is fairly split on him so we'll see what materializes.  There are other RB's that are being looked at :) 

He was all set to visit UND but I believe UND cancelled before the visit. I believe the staff is fairly split on him so we'll see what materializes. There are other RB's that are being looked at :)

I'm not overly interested in Parks. He's a very stiff runner. I think we can do better.

Interestingly, his hometown is listed as Okinawa, Japan.

Probably an Air Force kid. I know people that I went to high school with that lived on the base who were from there.

According to his old team bio looks like when he was younger he was severely burned and almost lost his right arm. So he had to battle at a young age. Also most of his notable stats accumulated at Sac State was against us.

He redshirted at Sac state and played a year there as well. And than another year at JUCO so I would think only 2. Please correct me if I'm wrong anyone.

Correct, 2 years.  I know he's expected to be in the 2 deep for sure.  I like the addition.  Good athlete at 260 lbs, shows good awareness, takes good angles and never gives up on a play. 

Hearing crickets on the RB position right now......for the most part.

Correct, 2 years.  I know he's expected to be in the 2 deep for sure.  I like the addition.  Good athlete at 260 lbs, shows good awareness, takes good angles and never gives up on a play. 

Hearing crickets on the RB position right now......for the most part.

Sorry about being captain obvious........I just saw the article.