SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

SFI also believes the transfer to be FB/LB Jephete Matilus from the University of Minnesota. Should be able to play either FB or LB for UND, although SFI believes LB. Considering Kostich recruited/aided in his transfer and is familiar with him, I have to believe Matilus will be present on all special teams.

http://m.gophersports.com/m/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jephete_matilus_764751.html

3-star player coming out of high school in Florida

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Jephete-Matilus-106908

I was under the impression we might be looking for a couple of transfers with our need being   DB's,  DL's,    or maybe  receivers.  Did that change or just that we never able to find someone in those positions?

I have heard the logic a time or two.  If we are going to be a good football team we need to be at least 2 deep at each position.(that is the goal at least)  That means we need 4 starting caliber outside backers.  The coaches must think the new LB from the Gophers will be in the mix for the top 4 this year.  We currently have 1 proven top level guy, plus 2 guys that are good with some upside potential to becoming top level guys.  So, we have 'some' room at outside backer, but to your point, we are thinner/more unproven at other positions.

To add to that, getting transfers along the offensive and defensive lines is much harder than at LB or RB, where players are more plentiful.  Every coach in America will take a good OL or DL.  Can never have too many.

UND needs another DL or possibly a cornerback as an FBS transfer.  An effective defensive end would be outstanding.

Sweet, i hope he's half as tough as his dad. If that's the case he's twice as tough as anyone we have on the team.

He certainly plays more like a LB than a safety.  If he can add the size I think he would be interesting at ILB. 

• 2 weeks later...

@tommillergf: UND loses one from '15 class RT @FarhanLaljiTSN

LB Troy Hansen from Edmonton has signed with #UBCFootball. Had earlier signed a LOI with UND

Ouch

That one hurts.  Thought he had a chance to play right away.