SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

3 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Yeah, it would be nice to see them get the ball to Reed a bit this year. I think you could definitely work Santiago into a few routes as well. But going forward, its always good to have a fast shifty guy.

Clive Georges will definitely be that explosive guy out on the edge in 2016. When he got back into form last season, at around the Montana State game, he was a difference-maker. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Horrible mistake in my opinion. Hopefully Studsrud can stay healthy. 

Would have been nice to see, but it is what it is.

So with the class likely finished up, barring an last minute additions or defections. Who, at this early point, to we expect to play right away?

Hunt - I believe it was already said that he likely won't redshirt.

Holm?

Randolph?

Toivenen?

Anyone?

2 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

So with the class likely finished up, barring an last minute additions or defections. Who, at this early point, to we expect to play right away?

Holm?

Randolph?

Toivenen?

Anyone?

Too early to know. That not only depends on how the freshmen look but also how the returners look, as well. Spring ball and fall camp will be interesting to follow. 

Just now, UND-FB-FAN said:

Too early to know. That not only depends on how the freshmen look but also how the returners look, as well. Spring ball and fall camp will be interesting to follow. 

I know its too early to know for sure .... but its a slow day at work and I need some football material. haha

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, UND92,96 said:

Sounds like Wanzek is getting at least a partial scholarship. It also sounds like he has an intriguing skill set--maybe a more physical Travis Lueck-type player--in that he has very good height, leaping ability and is faster than one would expect?

Helluva a punter, too, FWIW.

51 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I know its too early to know for sure .... but its a slow day at work and I need some football material. haha

It seems best to look at positions that are thin or losing senior contributors.

TE spot loses Zach Adler; therefore, if Alex Cloyd commits to UND, I could see him potentially contributing right away as a receiving threat.

Also, due to the lack of depth in the secondary last season, I think one or two freshmen could play quite a bit there. Candidates include Torrey Hunt, Andre Randolph, and/or Jordan Canady. 

Of course, as we saw last season with Santiago, if any player is really good then they will play. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Holm?

Randolph?

Toivenen?

Anyone?

My all-to-early thoughts:

More likely to redshirt - Secrest, Geier, Mortel, Hunt #1, Pinke, Ryan, Canady, Hunt #2, Toivonen, Cloyd, Tobin, Turner, Haas, Bolinske, Finke, Marler, Nguon, Russo, Randolph

Less likely to redshirt - Holm, Helgren, Murray, Hunt #3

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

Oh boy are we going to have confusion in a couple of years.  Bubba will be hollering HUNT get in there.  we may end up with a penalty with too many men on the field.  Just kidding.

Yep, we'll probably end up with an OL sitting out at safety once or twice!

If anyone end up top end players, there are some marketing opportunities there for the student section. Get your HUNTing gear! 

We'll be HUNTing down interceptions and opposing QBs! C'mon there is some potential there. haha

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, UND92,96 said:

Sounds like Wanzek is getting at least a partial scholarship. It also sounds like he has an intriguing skill set--maybe a more physical Travis Lueck-type player--in that he has very good height, leaping ability and is faster than one would expect?

First townie I can recall going to NDSU or UND for football since my family moved there in '02.  Tall kid.  Very good athlete.

1 hour ago, homer said:

According to the Sioux Insider guys,  LB Jake Rastas of New Berlin Eisenhower (WI) will be visiting UND this weekend.  He has a fun highlight tape to watch and seems like he'd be a real solid late addition to the recruiting class.  

I like this kid

2 hours ago, homer said:

According to the Sioux Insider guys,  LB Jake Rastas of New Berlin Eisenhower (WI) will be visiting UND this weekend.  He has a fun highlight tape to watch and seems like he'd be a real solid late addition to the recruiting class.  

Hello Dan Hendrickson Jr. I want this kid. Love his edge. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, homer said:

Real athletic, passionate kid. Fits the mold as a perfect Bubba – type football player. Would be a great addition. 

20 hours ago, Westside said:

Per his twitter, Joe Markert visiting SDSU this weekend

SDSU just hired a new OL coach who accepted yesterday.  I looked at Merkert's clips.  Big boy. What role would he play specifically at a college?  I watched his tape. He has the size and I think he'd have to play at college level with a coach willing to put additional time and effort. Someone will pick him up.

On January 29, 2016 at 2:56 PM, homer said:

Rastas committed to UND today. Solid late addition. 

• Upvote 2