SiouxSports.com Forum

UNO @ NORTH DAKOTA - Saturday

gfhockey

That was public masturbation. The boys beat themselves.

PP is as bad as I've seen it, and it's been bad before. Just not this bad.

And why not bring in Hrnklw to let him log some minutes? Saunders needed some pine under his tush.

Gut check time indeed. Honey badger hockey from here on.

lol. Right On! I couldn't have said it better. ...and wtf is that pp? We are better off 5/5 or shorthanded. 3 on 1 or 1 on 5 entering the o zone its always the same - dump the puck and hope for the best. I just don't get it. Thank God for beer.....

Are we allowed to decline the penalty and the pp? :) I listened to Hennessy tonite with my son and I told him to listen for each time UND moved the puck up ice on the pp...every time the puck was dumped into their zone, The Mavs beat us to the puck and shot it back down...his question to me was why can't the Sioux skate the puck in when they have more players on the ice? At least a couple times!?! Come on!

This team is consistently inconsistent. Nuff said.

Are we allowed to decline the penalty and the pp? :) I listened to Hennessy tonite with my son and I told him to listen for each time UND moved the puck up ice on the pp...every time the puck was dumped into their zone, The Mavs beat us to the puck and shot it back down...his question to me was why can't the Sioux skate the puck in when they have more players on the ice? At least a couple times!?! Come on!

This is a prime example of Haks stubborness costing the team. Skating towards the blue line, ringing the puck around the boards only to have it send out and then repeating 4 more times is not a power play. With 14 draft choices and an assistant with NHL experience this approach is pathetic to put it kindly. No excuse. Time for Hak to step up his game. This is getting real old.

Perhaps this was Hakstol's way of sending a message to Saunders by leaving him in?

saunders wasn't good tonight but neither was anyone else dressed in a white jersey tonight. with as well as they have played over the last two plus months one could almost see a permoance like this coming. I mean this team has no margin for error and for two months you play that focused and don't cross that error line, it is only human nature to have a !@#$ game like this.

well hak did say they didn't spend any extra time on specialty teams this week, guess it showed.

Perhaps this was Hakstol's way of sending a message to Saunders by leaving him in?

Good point. As long as Zane is on the bench it's Clark's team. Obviously the freshman isn't ready.

Lot of spectators tonight for UND. We can throw the goalie under the bus all we want, but he wasn't the only one not pulling his weight. Where was Rocco? Luke? Simpson? Schmaltz? Win as a team lose as a team.

...with as well as they have played over the last two plus months one could almost see a performance like this coming. I mean this team has no margin for error and for two months you play that focused and don't cross that error line, it is only human nature to have a !@#$ game like this.

It can happen. Just ask the Denver Broncos, right?

1. Can we decline penalties? All the UND PP seems to do is burn two minutes off the clock with no threat on the opponent goal.

2. I'm going to say it: This team has too many grinders. Sorry, but where is the offensive talent? Gaarder, St. Clair, Chyzyk, would struggle to make the team 10 years ago. I put bringing guys that like in as simply being stubborn to a system.

3. Mentioning 'system': Back to the right-wing 5x5 entry ... every time. Good grief, every team on earth has tape on that and knows how to stop it. So do something different. Where is the offensive creativity? Where is the free-form play. Oh, yeah, grinders don't have any, and it's all about system play.

2. I'm going to say it: This team has too many grinders. Sorry, but where is the offensive talent? Gaarder, St. Clair, Chyzyk, would struggle to make the team 10 years ago. I put bringing guys that like in as simply being stubborn to a system.

I think what we're seeing is the long-term effect of Miller, Matteau and Koules bolting for the CHL, and Nelson leaving early. The recruiting classes and talent level are unbalanced. Guys like Gaarder and Pattyn were brought in to replace Miller and Matteau which obviously isn't an even trade. A few grinders are fine, but UND ended up having to take in a few more to fill gaps in a short amount of time. Hopefully things start evening out over the next few recruiting classes.

I think what we're seeing is the long-term effect of Miller, Matteau and Koules bolting for the CHL, and Nelson leaving early. The recruiting classes and talent level are unbalanced. Guys like Gaarder and Pattyn were brought in to replace Miller and Matteau which obviously isn't an even trade. A few grinders are fine, but UND ended up having to take in a few more to fill gaps in a short amount of time. Hopefully things start evening out over the next few recruiting classes.

Agree, and hope the same.

The game was terrible as was Saunders tonight, no doubt.

But let's not over think it, this team is 10-2-1 in their last 13. That's impressive.

Need to get Zane back to make the tourney in my opinion.

Did anyone expect to see Hrynkiw in the 3rd period because I did? Clarke looked defeated after the 3rd and I wanted to see a change.