SiouxSports.com Forum

UNO @ NORTH DAKOTA - Saturday

gfhockey

So you agree with the assessment that 5-7 more seasons of 25-30 wins with no NCAA title(s) shouldn't be reason enough to start a national coaching search?

It seems like a few on here have already begun their national search. ;)

Seven more years of no titles? I would personally be fine with moving on before that if that ends up being the case.

Would the administration? That's another question. No losing seasons...25-30 wins a season probably means a couple league titles and playoff titles, just no natty. If attendance is still good and Hakstol wanted to stay, I'm not sure if they would make the call or not.

Hakstol = Woog (without the cash-in-a-hat-under-the-desk scandal)

Stayed out of this terrible thread, but this comparison pmo every time I see it; pure BS. Woog's teams in the last few years played like they didn't give a crap, he lost their respect, and they didn't care enough themselves to play as a team. Whey don't you just go kick Hak out of his office and start motivating the team, or whatever else you feel like should be done.

See Tubby Smith and his record at Kentucky and how it ended.

Exactly who I thought you would point out. Had Hakstol won the 2005 NCAA title, this thread would STILL be blowing up right now for his inability to win another one since then.

I hope Kentucky fans enjoyed the Billy Gillispie years and cry bitter tears once the NCAA reaper takes down Calipari's banner from the rafters at Rupp Arena.

Florida sealed Tubby's fate in 2006 and 2007. Hak would already be gone had Minnesota won back to back NCAA titles in the past two years.

Stayed out of this terrible thread, but this comparison pmo every time I see it; pure BS. Woog's teams in the last few years played like they didn't give a crap, he lost their respect, and they didn't care enough themselves to play as a team. Whey don't you just go kick Hak out of his office and start motivating the team, or whatever else you feel like should be done.

Question? are coaches allowed to motivate the team?

Just asking.

Exactly who I thought you would point out. Had Hakstol won the 2005 NCAA title, this thread would STILL be blowing up right now for his inability to win another one since then.

I hope Kentucky fans enjoyed the Billy Gillispie years and cry bitter tears once the NCAA reaper takes down Calipari's banner from the rafters at Rupp Arena.

Florida sealed Tubby's fate in 2006 and 2007. Hak would already be gone had Minnesota won back to back NCAA titles in the past two years.

The comparison is spot on, except Tubby has way better win pct, a NC and was still run out.

UND loves their regular season wins.

The comparison is spot on, except Tubby has way better win pct, a NC and was still run out.

UND loves their regular season wins.

Are you proposing a Sioux hockey coach version of John Calipari? Just hang banners in the rafters, coach, we don't care how it gets done.

Are you proposing a Sioux hockey coach version of John Calipari? Just hang banners in the rafters, coach, we don't care how it gets done.

Just win baby!

For one, I can't believe that former UND player's kids wouldn't go to UND....Zombo.....Archibald.....now a Morelli of all people going to UNO? As soon as UND officials knew Blais was coming back to amateur hockey he should have become the coach of UND, and Hak relegated back to Sioux City.

Think of UND's team now. Zombo, Archibald, Guentzel (because Blais would have convinced him to play at UND, even though his dad coaches the gophers). Geaudreau, McCabe, Fasching, Kerdiles, Sam Brittain, Dowd, Butcher.

UND wouldn't have these no namers like St. Clair, Pattyn, Rodwell. Grimadli would be on the fourth line, and we wouldn't even be talking about Tambelini because he wouldn't have made the JV squad.

PS: And UND would still be the Fighting Sioux. Dean wouldn't have let that change either.

If this is your way of telling me to shut up, it ain't gonna work. If you don't like the discussion.....go away. Problem solved.

Just win baby!

For one, I can't believe that former UND player's kids wouldn't go to UND....Zombo.....Archibald.....now a Morelli of all people going to UNO? As soon as UND officials knew Blais was coming back to amateur hockey he should have become the coach of UND, and Hak relegated back to Sioux City.

Think of UND's team now. Zombo, Archibald, Guentzel (because Blais would have convinced him to play at UND, even though his dad coaches the gophers). Geaudreau, McCabe, Fasching, Kerdiles, Sam Brittain, Dowd, Butcher.

UND wouldn't have these no namers like St. Clair, Pattyn, Rodwell. Grimadli would be on the fourth line, and we wouldn't even be talking about Tambelini because he wouldn't have made the JV squad.

PS: And UND would still be the Fighting Sioux. Dean wouldn't have let that change either.

I take it most if not all of this post was made in a sarcastic nature?

Just win baby!

Not. Sure. How. To. Read. This.....