SiouxSports.com Forum

UNO @ NORTH DAKOTA - Saturday

gfhockey

So if not to suggest firing Hak here, what are you suggesting to fix the situation? "If they don't make the NCAA tourney"

I usually agree with most that you post but these comments are getting old to read when the team is what.......10-2-1 in the last 13?

Just saying...

Their overall record has them on the outside looking in with needing to win the NCHC likely to get in the NCAA.

The last 13....yipee!

And what Irish posted.

I would rather watch an exciting on the edge product vs dump and chase

also I would rather have two nattys 6 avg season and 2 missing the playoffs in last ten years vs haks record.

Sandelin: 8 out of 14 seasons with 15 OR LESS victories. You'd put up with 3-5 of those in a row all for one national title? Like hell you would. You'd be leading the "fire Sandelin" charge in about year two of that mess.

So UND had a bad game against a good team. Let's put things in perspective. Still only 3 points out of first. Not gonna win every game. Our league is tough this year. Still 8 games left to make some noise in the league this year. Everyone needs to calm down. We are still in good shape. Hey, we could be Redhawk fans!

I'm not sure I believe the league is that tough. We only have two teams sitting in NCAA territory right now. It seems like a lot of pretty average teams which gives it the appearance of being tough as opposed to a lot of good teams that are battling it out.

Some people need to quit making excuses for games like last night by saying the competition is good. UNO is 2 games under .500 and sitting at 31 in the PWR. They are not a good team. They have some good offensive players but they are not good on defense or in goal.

Last night's home loss was inexcusable given the team is fighting to be in the NCAA picture.

So the only exceptable way to improve is to go undefeated...

Not 10-2-1

Got it!

What has the last 13 games done? Got them to #17 in what matters. Last time I checked that won't get it done.

Also it's called a season...not 13 games. If they go undefeated from here on out...I'm good!!!

this isn't thetoughest league at all

grand total of 2 teams in the show

with us on the outside

we are going to have the run the tables

I hate always be on the edge

The NCHC...the league so good that its first commissioner left it before the first puck was ever dropped.

I wish our fans had more cheers

the maverick bunch has some good ones

idk why we are closest cheerers

I was trying to cheer whole first peorid and some guy who thinks he is a Sioux fan told me to shut up and sit down

I sat up in bar rest of game

and that's worse of closet cheerers

Just curious...what happens if/when this team misses the NCAAs?

lots of hockey left, but a very real possibility this year. that possibilty lies in the fact that the nchc is having a very down year even though this is the first year. the only teams with an rpi worth talking about are scsu, duluth and und. und has got no rpi bump in beating denver, omaha, western, cc or miami. in fact splitting with denver, omaha and miami has hurt und's rpi where if those teams were even remotely good und would be in a much better position. in years past the wcha would normally have 4-5 teams in the top 20 rpi which would allow for getting a split and it not hurting you. also und's NC schedule was very weak this year with only vermont being worth a damn. add that all together with und's inconsistent play and it is very possible this is that year.

Yes you're right. But the season is not over ....yet.

With all this doom and gloom on here, all I think about is Yale. That makes me have hope. It is far from over.

Agree...but you got to get in first.

Last night's home loss was inexcusable given the team is fighting to be in the NCAA picture.

And Denver's loss in the Super Bowl was inexcusable given the team was IN THE FREAKING SUPER BOWl!

Fire John Fox, gut the coaching staff, release Peyton what's-his-face, blow up the defense, and start over, right?