SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring time for Bubba and UND

geaux_sioux

This was pointed out above but I feel it needs to be asked again. Has anyone seen any promotion for the spring game? I have seen nothing from UND or the Herald and even though we are short on numbers (O line) they should still be promoting the new staff, new beginning, etc. Anything that can be spun in a positive way really.

I am curious if there will be a live stream again like last year as well.

http://nauathletics..../201404225se4x8

https://www.facebook.com/events/471880206271918/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

Just sayin...

In all honesty, the absence of a spring game promotion is a bit concerning. I wouldn't expect a big turnout for this year's game. Only exception would be if people are interested in seeing Bubba's early product out on the field, but I don't think that will take effect until fall.

For those who think that the football players need to put in on your own work. I can guarentee that a lot, especially the younger FR guys have put in a lot of work. I see Norberg, Wharton, Reyes, Meindel, Williams, Rattelle and Bridges plus others at Wellness all the time lifting or playing basketball. The younger guys are definatly putting in the work and coincedently I don't see alot of the older guys, i see Walker, Henson, Cummings now and than but thats about it.

Sure I'll get ripped by folks saying they lift daily but......why aren't they lifting in the football weight room? Concerns me these guys are doing this.....they should be exhausted from prescribed workouts...understand bball but...I wonder if their strength staff is aware of off day weights etc.....Although im sure the eye candy is much better!

Sure I'll get ripped by folks saying they lift daily but......why aren't they lifting in the football weight room? Concerns me these guys are doing this.....they should be exhausted from prescribed workouts...understand bball but...I wonder if their strength staff is aware of off day weights etc.....Although im sure the eye candy is much better!

I don't think you get it. And I'm not sure you will.

So right now UND has nine OL, and of that group one is a senior who has been a NG prior to this spring, three are redshirt freshmen who have not played a down yet, and another is coming off an entire season lost to very serious illness. Count me as unsurprised that things are not looking good right now. And as much as I realize it doesn't help matters to do so, I am having a hard time not being ticked off at the previous regime for leaving the cupboard this bare.

2 seniors on OL Barton and Henson

Wait....so I am seeing on Twitter that there are not enough players to have an actual game on Saturday? That they will just set up different offence vs. deffense scenerios?!! Combine that with no advertising that I have seen about it and nothing planned for tailgating or anything else.....there should be tens of people there!! :)

• Upvote 2

I believe propaganda similar to what was put out prior to last season would be a setup for failure. This season they are tempering expectations, and rightly so. This team will not be good this year, but hopefully they improve and carry some pride into future seasons.

I don't think you get it. And I'm not sure you will.

He actually gets it better than probably anyone else on here. The fact that these guys are training on their own, on off days, can only mean a number of things.

1. They aren't being challenged enough by UND's strength program (Doubtful)

2. They aren't working hard enough during their scheduled weight and conditioning session (Possible)

3. The are working hard enough during their scheduled weight and conditioning sessions and are setting themselves up for overtraining injuries by stupidly training on off days (Possible)

4. They are mainly at the wellness center to play basketball and possible do a few curls in front of some of the co-eds (I'd like to think probable)

If these guys are doing intense barbell training and sprint and agility training four days a week like I know Baukol's program is, then any additional training on off days is actually counterproductive. This isn't just my opinion, read some of the experts like Mark Rippetoe, Jim Wendler, etc.. They'll all say the same thing, that intense strength training past four days a week isn't sustainable. Ask Baukol himself, he'd probably tell you these guys shouldn't be doing other training on their own outside of his program.

• Upvote 1

He actually gets it better than probably anyone else on here. The fact that these guys are training on their own, on off days, can only mean a number of things.

1. They aren't being challenged enough by UND's strength program (Doubtful)

2. They aren't working hard enough during their scheduled weight and conditioning session (Possible)

3. The are working hard enough during their scheduled weight and conditioning sessions and are setting themselves up for overtraining injuries by stupidly training on off days (Possible)

4. They are mainly at the wellness center to play basketball and possible do a few curls in front of some of the co-eds (I'd like to think probable)

If these guys are doing intense barbell training and sprint and agility training four days a week like I know Baukol's program is, then any additional training on off days is actually counterproductive. This isn't just my opinion, read some of the experts like Mark Rippetoe, Jim Wendler, etc.. They'll all say the same thing, that intense strength training past four days a week isn't sustainable. Ask Baukol himself, he'd probably tell you these guys shouldn't be doing other training on their own outside of his program.

What if they take creatine?

Ndsu gets statewide game

Und admin hasn't done squat

They are setting bubs up for failure

Look at the hype last year and the result. I think with most everyone not giving this team a chance and not much or any hype Bubba's team could very well shock everyone. The season doesn't start Saturday, it starts August 28th. A lot of time to get the team ready for the season.

I don't think it has to be about hype it's more about getting the community and fans excited. You don't have to win the conference championship to have a good following in a community. It's about connecting the team and staff with its fans. Giving the fans a reason to come out in the spring and get to know the team - which in the fall could translate into either more season tickets or at the minimum some more walk-ups on game day. Most who follow the team understand where they are at in development - it's about getting some of those that are on the fence to come take another look.

This feels like the athletic department has given up on trying to build on anything in the spring.